Henry vs Zeke

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No we reached because we had Romo and Zeke happened to be one of the best blocking backs in the draft as well as runner.
Understood but we had greater needs on defense with that 4th overall pick . And still could have landed a solid RB in 2nd round like Henry.

The best OL in NFL shouldn’t have needed top RB. Murray was a great example. We simply became too arrogant of the OL and though a RB by committee would be enough.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Henry could end up demanding more from the salary cap than Elliott who has already been extended. Henry is due in 2020. If he THAT special, he'll get more than Elliott did, right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Needs a class on long runs also.
Well, Henry is what Zeke was supposed to be...a special blend of speed and power. Zeke should be busting long runs like Henry does, but he doesn't. And everyone wants to just say "stacked boxes". Henry faces many more stacked boxes than Zeke does. Henry hits home runs various ways...he uses speed and can make people miss in the open field, he can break tackles, and he can stiff arm. His 99 yard TD is just a monster of a run.

His 66 yard run yesterday started by breaking a tackle 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then making Carr miss in order to get into the open field against a 9 man box.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Understood but we had greater needs on defense with that 4th overall pick . And still could have landed a solid RB in 2nd round like Henry.

The best OL in NFL shouldn’t have needed top RB. Murray was a great example. We simply became too arrogant of the OL and though a RB by committee would be enough.
We had bigger needs but once again we have to go back to that year. They felt Zeke would keep the defense off the field and help Romo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Henry could end up demanding more from the salary cap than Elliott who has already been extended. Henry is due in 2020. If he THAT special, he'll get more than Elliott did, right?

Absolutely.

Zeke did all running backs a favor.

If I’m Henry’s agent I’m saying “Zeke got this. Now look at what my guy has done.”

Ken

Reaction score
I would rather have a RB who doesn't have to take himself out every other play because he's out of shape and can't handle the workload. I would understand if he were 54 like me, but he isn't.
Yeah...after one 27 yard run yesterday...I was shocked to see Henry stay in the game for the next play and run the ball again.

Who knew? lol

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Henry would have 4 rushing titles if he were drafted by the Cowboys in 2016. If people think Zeke has been hamstrung by bad QB play and stacked boxes then Henry shouldn’t have a chance in Tennessee. Dude faces stacked boxes at a much greater % of his runs than Zeke has. Dude is a beast and can break long runs with the best of them.

Plus everyone forgets he started his career playing behind Demarco Murray who had a 1300 yard rushing season Henry's first year in the league, he didn't get alot of touches. I thought Zeke was the better back coming out of college as of now i think i was wrong in that assessment

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Well, Henry is what Zeke was supposed to be...a special blend of speed and power. Zeke should be busting long runs like Henry does, but he doesn't. And everyone wants to just say "stacked boxes". Henry faces many more stacked boxes than Zeke does. Henry hits home runs various ways...he uses speed and can make people miss in the open field, he can break tackles, and he can stiff arm. His 99 yard TD is just a monster of a run.

His 66 yard run yesterday started by breaking a tackle 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then making Carr miss in order to get into the open field against a 9 man box.

Precisely.

The big-play factor is part and parcel of being an elite back.

A special talent or elite back can flip the field, make people miss at the second level and get yards in large chunks.

Zeke had just 4 runs of 20+ yards (no plays of 40 yards or more) in 301 carries.

He has just one run of 40+ yards in three seasons (847 carries).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had bigger needs but once again we have to go back to that year. They felt Zeke would keep the defense off the field and help Romo.
Of course but could we have achieved that with our 2nd pick in Henry while obtaining another need like on DL as well with 4th overall pick . Best of both worlds.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Zeke has more value as a receiving threat and is a better all around back. For those that are envious that Henry seems to always be in the game you obviously haven't watched many Titans games. He played 59% of the Titans snaps this season while Elliott played 84% of the Cowboys.

Seems the coaching staff for the Titans are more efficient with Henry's snaps who played 348 less snaps than Elliott, yet only had 28 less touches. Maybe if you reduced Elliott's snaps per game while still giving a lot of touches it makes him more effective when he gets the ball and we hear less complaining that he's always taking himself off the field.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And to think we could have used the 4th pick in the draft on a more important position and taken Henry in the 2nd round?

Will Henry hold out for 16 million a year?
Those of us Cowboys fans that were pushing for Henry a second round pick and a DE with a first round pick where really looked down on the old DC site.

With that said. It is what it is. Zeke is a good back. Cant cry over spilled milk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course but could we have achieved that with our 2nd pick in Henry while obtaining another need like on DL as well with 4th overall pick . Best of both worlds.
Well as proof by what we’ve seen? No we wouldn’t have because Henry didn’t become Henry until year 4.....now it’s time for a new deal. So no.....I don’t think this team or Romo he’d 4 years to wait for Henry to shed the weight and become the back he is today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke has more value as a receiving threat and is a better all around back. For those that are envious that Henry seems to always be in the game you obviously haven't watched many Titans games. He played 59% of the Titans snaps this season while Elliott played 84% of the Cowboys.

Seems the coaching staff for the Titans are more efficient with Henry's snaps who played 348 less snaps than Elliott, yet only had 28 less touches. Maybe if you reduced Elliott's snaps per game while still giving a lot of touches it makes him more effective when he gets the ball and we hear less complaining that he's always taking himself off the field.
Not only that but help me out here....wasn’t he sharing carries with Demarco Murray earlier in his career?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well as proof by what we’ve seen? No we wouldn’t have because Henry didn’t become Henry until year 4.....now it’s time for a new deal. So no.....I don’t think this team or Romo he’d 4 years to wait for Henry to shed the weight and become the back he is today.
I don’t think we’d need to have waited 4 years. Titans didn’t have the OL and offense we did . Plus they just traded for Murray as well. Completely different circumstances.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol, shed weight, smh.

We’re all still waiting on Zeke to lose the baby fat he put back on.