Here's my take........

50cent

Reaction score
I know many here are upset after the lost (in which I didn't see, help Calico), but its not as bad as it seems to me.

Review of our season so far:
We have beaten a team that just crushed the NY Giants, not to mention taking the SB champs behind the wood shed. The first argument will be.... they didn't play with Antonio Gate. I know, but that didn't stop us from scoring 28 against the Antonio Gates defense. SD is good on both sides of the ball and we won.

We dominate a team that is now 3-0 to only lose with 2 deep passes within the last 4 min. Fluke? I don't know, but we can take some positives from the game.

We played to the level of our comp against SF, not much to take from the game besides the fact that we outscored them 22-7 in the half. Showed alot of toughness and overcame to win.

This week, we play a very underachieving, but talented team and had a chance to win.

In all the one constant that this team has shown is the fact that we came get tough when we need to. The Raiders and other teams have had several chances to score within our red zone and we have turned them back.. That to me is playmaking in another way. Not the big turnover, but not the 7 either. That fact alone keeps us in games.

Review of our players:
Bp stated a long time ago that this team couldn't afford the vets to make mistakes, and that is exactly what is happening. The rookies are going to make mistakes, every rookie that is wide eyed does. Its the vets that have made mistakes that has been surprising to me. Examples of vet mistakes that have hurt us dearly:

Holding penalty on FLo vs. Wahington. If it doesn't happen, game over!
Roy/Glenn deep bomb vs. Wash. 2 deep balls in the same game in desperate situations are huge in that game. We knock just one done game over.

Davis complete brain farts on deep plays.
Glovers personal fouls on the QBs and offside penalties.

Keys offside to call back back his TD.

Glenns refusal to run 4 yards in todays game and Wash. game for a first down

These vets plays have hurt us in the worst way.

All in all: We have a tough minded team that won't quit against anyone. Does this make us a good team or bad team, who knows? But we can beat our *** that this team will be in every game, because of our mind set. On a side note, the Cowboys have had the ball in their opponents territory each week with 2 min. in the game and a chance to win. When was the last time we could recall the Boys having a chance to win every game they played? We'll be fine guys, just let nature take its course with these young guys and the corner will start to turn.