Here's the list of defensive players in Rd 2-3 we've spoken with

Sydla

Reaction score
Diggs would be mighty fine

There are a few names on that list that would have me giddy at 51 - Diggs, McKinney for starters. Gross-Matos at 17 was not something I liked but at 51? Absolutely. Fulton is another that I think would be a nice get at 51. I'd love Madubuike at 51 too.

Going to be interesting to see if there's a run on a position and how that affects us.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are a few names on that list that would have me giddy at 51 - Diggs, McKinney for starters. Gross-Matos at 17 was not something I liked but at 51? Absolutely. Fulton is another that I think would be a nice get at 51. I'd love Madubuike at 51 too.

Going to be interesting to see if there's a run on a position and how that affects us.
Diggs was a name that got floated by some media a as a possibility at 17. Would be interesting to see how accurate that is in terms of where they rank him. If they rank him in top 20-25, it wouldnt shock me to see them move up.

Either way I think there wikk be good defensive talent. Diggs, Fulton and Johnson are all probably better prospects than Awuzie was when we drafted him.

Eastex

Reaction score
We may have a decent chance at a CB in Rd.2 as a number were taken by needy teams in the first. I think there will be a run on Safety and DT early in the second. Baun will most likely be gone, but we thought Lamb would have been gone way before 17 in Rd. 1.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
That's a good looking spread in itself for rounds 2 and 3. Hopefully Dallas gets a good DB/DL combo to round out an amazing first 2 days in the draft.

Gaede

Reaction score
Of these guys, I'd like to see Diggs/Weaver.

I'm doubtful we get one of top Cbs left, however.

jnday

Reaction score
According to CowboysWire. They used Brugler's round guide.

CB
Fulton
Diggs
Pride

S
McKinney
Delpit
Jones

DE
Gross-Matos
Weaver
Greenard

DT
Davidson
Madubuike
Davis
Lynch

LB
Baun
I would be looking for a way to move up for McKinney if possible.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind trading next years 3rd to move up in the back end of the 2nd this year. The reason why are with comp picks we are most likely to get 2 extra 3rd round picks. With the coronavirus, no one knows what college football will look like, think about the uncertainty with the draft and scouting. Ideally, Diggs drops to 51 and then we trade the 3rd and a future 3rd to move up and grab Delpit or Chinn.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t mind trading next years 3rd to move up in the back end of the 2nd this year. The reason why are with comp picks we are most likely to get 2 extra 3rd round picks. With the coronavirus, no one knows what college football will look like, think about the uncertainty with the draft and scouting. Ideally, Diggs drops to 51 and then we trade the 3rd and a future 3rd to move up and grab Delpit or Chinn.

I would love to have an earlier pick in the 2nd round.

Fans/media don't often discuss the value of pick #33, but having that 1st pick on day 2 would be a great spot every year. That team has all night to come to a consensus on which player they'll pick. That's like playing QB with no pass rush...

Gaede

Reaction score

I would too. Conceivable to get a starting DL and CB today. But the value will be mostly gone by our 3rd rounder.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this won’t be popular but I would consider moving up for McKinney. I liked him at 17.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Terrell Lewis should be on there.

All in all great crop. If some of these dudes fall I would not be opposed to loving up a few spots to get our guy.