1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Herman Cain, former presidential candidate, dies from coronavirus

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,968 Messages
    9,888 Likes Received
    OR wouldn't apply here. Not in the least. Are you familiar with it? There's a more simple explanation, that doesn't involve masks.

I didn't suggest he didn't get CV at the rally (though, that is also entirely possible - I don't know what kind of schedule he kept and how many interactions with various people he regularly had). It's definitely reasonable to think he may have.
    If he did, there's nothing to suggest that masks would have prevented him from getting it. I mean, surely there are zero people in the US and world who have caught CV from someone wearing a mask...

2. Kevinicus

16,968 Messages
    9,888 Likes Received
    That's spin and dishonest.

3. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,548 Messages
    31,378 Likes Received
    Nah not really. The scientific consensus is much further in favor of masks helping, than not.

That’s the reality.

What’s dishonest, is people who don’t know what they’re talking about, arguing against it for reasons other than what’s in the best interest of public health.

that’s the dishonesty.

but go ahead and focus on one small part of my post and ignore the rest also.

adbutcher, DeathMonkey and dreghorn2 like this.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,350 Messages
    10,566 Likes Received
    So what would be the motivation behind getting the populous to wear masks if they aren't effective?

5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

54,223 Messages
    22,198 Likes Received
    Herman Cain was a huge American Success story. Dirt Poor growing up in Memphis, he rose from nothing to be Senior VP of Pillsbury, managed 400 Burger King Franchises at age 36! President and CEO of Godfathers Pizza, served as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and also the National Restaurant Association.

Graduate of Morehouse, received his Masters from Purdue, all while working for the Navy.

He beat Liver and Colon Cancer and if you want to know the odds of that, it's about 11% for 5 years.

A man of color, who came from nothing, and rose to accomplish all the things he did? Well, as a Father, I would be very proud to see my child accomplish as much.

RIP Herman Cain (December 13, 1945 – July 30, 2020)

6. DakPresgoat

14,548 Messages
    31,378 Likes Received

I was very intrigued by his 999 tax plan when he was running.

I don’t know enough about how effective that plan might have been. But it was an interesting and outside the box Suggestion.

He definitely had an incredibly successful business career. I always enjoy an underdog story be it in sports, business, etc.

John813 likes this.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

54,223 Messages
    22,198 Likes Received
    If you could make it happen, across the board, it could work. That's the key though, it would have to be adopted and applied across the board. No loop holes.

“If 10% is good enough for God, 9% ought to be good enough for the federal government,”

Herman Cain

Dodger12 likes this.
  8. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,319 Messages
    6,520 Likes Received
    It is dishonest. They're also on Twitter

Maverick84 and DakPresgoat like this.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

54,223 Messages
    22,198 Likes Received
    Well, that's not really the issue to me, to be honest. I think the real problem here is that there is a lack of trust between the science community and the medical community. People often confuse the two and they really aren't the same. There are often disagreements between the two. It's the difference between design and application. Either way, I don't think this is the thread to discuss that, for me.

I feel like a person worthy of respect has died and he should be celebrated but that's just me.

DakPresgoat likes this.
  10. Kevinicus

16,968 Messages
    9,888 Likes Received
    Lol. "Scientific consensus." More spin.

And, I was specifically referring to the bolded part, the "folks on Youtube."

Listen to only the pre-approved experts who agree with everything we say!

They're wrong!

Why?

They're kooks!

Why?

They disagree!

Isn't it possible they're right? What about their arguments are wrong?

No! They're not worth listening to.

Why?

They're kooks.

11. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

2,034 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    My family were big fans of Godfathers pizza in the 80s and 90s. Shame covid-19 got him.

12. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,235 Messages
    5,954 Likes Received
    She said demons sleep with people.

13. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    3,710 Likes Received
    Lol and people still be like, "Hang on, let's hear her out. She said something that pushes my agenda and confirms my bias so we can ignore the rest of the bat$%&+ insanity she is spewing."

People that think YouTube is a news source are hands down the most gullible, weak minded group of people on the planet. They watch some crazy, unknown doctor say something they already think is true and then run around telling everyone how woke they are now and how everyone else are sheep. Comical.

14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

47,077 Messages
    47,460 Likes Received
    He achieved a lot in life but will be remembered as a victim of Covid. That is unfortunate.

15. Kevinicus

16,968 Messages
    9,888 Likes Received
    Ad hominem.

And, maybe they do. Her religious beliefs do noy make her wrong on treatments for covid.

16. Kevinicus

16,968 Messages
    9,888 Likes Received
    Logical fallacies here.

Thanks for proving exactly what I said.

Now Dr.s have to be "known."

Nevermind their actual knowledge and experience with this virus.

The fact that these are the only kind of arguments being made against them speaks volumes.

17. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,514 Messages
    13,366 Likes Received
    Sheep.

StarMan2112 likes this.
  18. DakPresgoat

14,548 Messages
    31,378 Likes Received

Scientific consensus isn’t spin. You claiming it’s spin is downright laughable. Just laughable.

Nobody is only listening to pre approved experts.

you just totally ignored the actually overall point of my post so you could build a straw man and argue against it. Something you’re quick to point out against others when they do it.

But I’m not going to argue with you about it. Because you’re choosing not to engage in an actual honest discussion.

adbutcher and stasheroo like this.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

54,223 Messages
    22,198 Likes Received
    I think that many Americans have a real distrust for information that we get over the web or on the news. It's a problem because it creates distrust. You see it every day.

GE, Newcorp, Disney, Viacom, TimeWarner and CBS control 70% of all information that is available to Americans. Recently there have been examples of Ghosting taking place around a lot of topics as well. Think about that for a second.

Streetwise likes this.
  20. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,514 Messages
    13,366 Likes Received
    It most certainly can be a spin. All research needs funding. It just depends what supports your opinion. I respect yours, I just wouldn't jump at the idea that it's laughable. One would be very naive suggesting Science always gets it right.
    Why aren't more looking into the large GROUP of medical experts who spoke out in support of treatments that are both successful and have been available for decades? I mean, there's a whole bunch of them. The MSM isn't 100% truthful.