Hi my names Ryan, and I’m here for my crow

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I’ve made comments in the past telling the people on this forum who are basically 40 and up to stop complaining about Jerry. That he brought you 3 titles. How could any of you complain? Here I am 30 and the best thing I witnessed was winning the wild card game vs Detroit in 2014 (live too :)). I’m the one whose truly suffered.

I made those comments late summer. I still envy those that saw the Super Bowls and don’t think they have AS much to complain about compared to us younger folk, but I was wrong on Jerry. I defended him and told people get off his back. He’s horrible. Much as I want Jason and Dak gone, the snake can still bite you if it’s head isn’t cut off.

I was wrong about Jerry and it took me too long to realize he cares more about his success then the teams success, oddly not realizing his success would experience gains if the teams success did as well. As disgusted as many of our veteran fans feel, imagine never even sniffing an NFC championship in your time as fan thanks to Dean Blandino.

I do however apologize for telling you that you’re wrong and spoiled. Jerry really is crazy. I feel beaten down by this season. I’m not one bit shocked like most of you I foresaw this, but I’m beaten down. Even more than Jason, even more than Dak, Jerry is the problem. I’m finally old enough to see it.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I’m not so sure I agree with you. I feel Jerry is doing what he feels is best. Which one of us doesn’t go out every day and try to make the right decisions for his business and family? Is he perfect? No, not by any means, but he cares and I appreciate that. BTW, I’m an old fart compared to most of y’all I’m sure

strollinruss

Reaction score
Another thing.... This is our team, win, lose, or draw. Our paycheck doesn’t depend on a win or loss so be a fan and get over it

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not so sure I agree with you. I feel Jerry is doing what he feels is best. Which one of us doesn’t go out every day and try to make the right decisions for his business and family? Is he perfect? No, not by any means, but he cares and I appreciate that. BTW, I’m an old fart compared to most of y’all I’m sure
No, he is not. Did you hear Jerry say himself that he would've long ago been fired for any other team?

He does not care. Since he's admitted he's not a good GM, but insists on doing it anyway, why do you claim that he cares?

Xelda

Reaction score
@Howboutdemcowboys31, there's no need to eat crow. As a life long Cowboys fan, I feel we've all been taken for an unwanted ride by someone with more money than sense. We're on the ride hoping things will change. I think Garrett and Linehan smelled their mortality and did somethings different this week. The Eagles are seriously banged up, so there's no sense of pride from this victory. There hasn't been for a while.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The flak that Jerry gets applies to 100% of sports owners. They all own teams b/c of the business opportunity and are all looking to make money.

Jerry cares about winning more than most. Whether he's good at his job or not is debatable, but he absolutely cares about winning and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The flak that Jerry gets applies to 100% of sports owners. They all own teams b/c of the business opportunity and are all looking to make money.

Jerry cares about winning more than most. Whether he's good at his job or not is debatable, but he absolutely cares about winning and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

There's no doubt that he cares about winning. What owner doesn't? Jerry is a great owner but It's NOT debatable if he's a good GM. He need to step down, hire a real football GM and let them run the football side of it.

That's smart business and will yield more wins and profits. Jerry is to dumb to get out of his own way.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I’ve made comments in the past telling the people on this forum who are basically 40 and up to stop complaining about Jerry. That he brought you 3 titles. How could any of you complain? Here I am 30 and the best thing I witnessed was winning the wild card game vs Detroit in 2014 (live too :)). I’m the one whose truly suffered.

I made those comments late summer. I still envy those that saw the Super Bowls and don’t think they have AS much to complain about compared to us younger folk, but I was wrong on Jerry. I defended him and told people get off his back. He’s horrible. Much as I want Jason and Dak gone, the snake can still bite you if it’s head isn’t cut off.

I was wrong about Jerry and it took me too long to realize he cares more about his success then the teams success, oddly not realizing his success would experience gains if the teams success did as well. As disgusted as many of our veteran fans feel, imagine never even sniffing an NFC championship in your time as fan thanks to Dean Blandino.

I do however apologize for telling you that you’re wrong and spoiled. Jerry really is crazy. I feel beaten down by this season. I’m not one bit shocked like most of you I foresaw this, but I’m beaten down. Even more than Jason, even more than Dak, Jerry is the problem. I’m finally old enough to see it.
I agree with you. I am 52 and thankfully have seen every single SB game Dallas has ever had. My first game watched was the 1971 SB against the Colts. I was 5 and I still remember it lol. Jerry is the problem for this franchise. He is why they are a mediocre team for 2 decades and counting. The bigger issue to me is Stephen is looming off in the distance like a bad storm that will soon arrive. Personally I think Stephen is going to be a bigger issue because Stephen looks to want to go on the cheap. At least Jerry never had problems paying studs to come in and help this team.

Sad that we are strapped with the Jones clan. It is like a bad replay of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Define "winning"? Jerry defines it as being the lead dog in the club house at most valuable sports franchise in the world. That is what matters to Jerry. As long as his team isn't too bad, Jerry is A OK with being an 8-8 franchise as long as his team still pulls in big bucks. 20 plus years prove this more than words.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There's no doubt that he cares about winning. What owner doesn't? Jerry is a great owner but It's NOT debatable if he's a good GM. He need to step down, hire a real football GM and let them run the football side of it.

That's smart business and will yield more wins and profits. Jerry is to dumb to get out of his own way.
Man,Vegas!,,, I was dead set on slapping that big ol' "LIKE " on you, till I'd come across yer' final sentenceo_O

* narcissistic, egomaniacal& mule headed are applicable,,, but,,,implying the JJ is dumb?
Well Friend, that is deemed just down right insulting to my intellect.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Man,Vegas!,,, I was dead set on slapping that big ol' "LIKE " on you, till I'd come across yer' final sentenceo_O

* narcissistic, egomaniacal& mule headed are applicable,,, but,,,implying the JJ is dumb?
Well Friend, that is deemed just down right insulting to my intellect.

Dumb was the wrong word. I should have used the word egotistical. I'm just frustrated like everyone else here.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Define "winning"? Jerry defines it as being the lead dog in the club house at most valuable sports franchise in the world. That is what matters to Jerry. As long as his team isn't too bad, Jerry is A OK with being an 8-8 franchise as long as his team still pulls in big bucks. 20 plus years prove this more than words.
This is nonsense. Not winning does not correlate to not caring about winning.

And like I said, this is true for every owner in sports. So I don't know why people are so quick to railroad Jerry for it. You think the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres b/c they just want to win football and hockey games? lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry wants to win another SB in the worst way. (Which is how it would be done if the Cowboys did win another one:laugh:)

It's not that he cares more about his personal success than the team's success, it's that he really, really thinks he's the smartest guy in the NFL. Yes he said if it was another GM with the same results he's have been fired, but JJ's like a compulsive gambler, who feels the NEXT poker game, the NEXT lottery number pick, the NEXT blackjack hand will be THE ONE. and that it's just a matter of time until he wins, since he's sooooo good at picking numbers or judging hands, etc. JJ thinks if he can just win ONE more SB, without Jimmy around, that his opinion of himself will finally be revealed.

In other words, he's delusional....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

We don't know what his role as GM is, as it relates to Will McClay and Stephen. So you're probably right, but we don't really know that.

He also won 3 Super Bowls. How many owners/GMs have done that?

kskboys

Reaction score

No, he does not. Keeping a GM for that many years after that GM has proven his incompetence completely disproves that. If he cared that much about winning, he would hire the staff that would/could build a super bowl winner.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry wants to win another SB in the worst way. (Which is how it would be done if the Cowboys did win another one:laugh:)

It's not that he cares more about his personal success than the team's success, it's that he really, really thinks he's the smartest guy in the NFL. Yes he said if it was another GM with the same results he's have been fired, but JJ's like a compulsive gambler, who feels the NEXT poker game, the NEXT lottery number pick, the NEXT blackjack hand will be THE ONE. and that it's just a matter of time until he wins, since he's sooooo good at picking numbers or judging hands, etc. JJ thinks if he can just win ONE more SB, without Jimmy around, that his opinion of himself will finally be revealed.

In other words, he's delusional....
I can't agree w/ your take on this one, LA. Jerry only cares about earning credence as a football guy. He wants to win a super bowl, but only under his own personal guidance. That is not wanting to win in the worst way.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, he does not. Keeping a GM for that many years after that GM has proven his incompetence completely disproves that. If he cared that much about winning, he would hire the staff that would/could build a super bowl winner.
So you think he hires a staff that he doesn't think will win?

That's LOL ridiculous.