Hide the sharp objects!

Mannix

Reaction score
My brother may be one of the most die hard Chargers fans ever...he currently cannot think straight, and is just short of convulsions with the possible hiring of Urban Meyer. I am happy for him, but will be jealous as hell if this happens. So the owner of the worlds most valuable sports team....more $$$ than God....no salary cap on coaches....refuses for 25 years now to hire the best HC and assistants available.....yet, the best coach on the planet currently available is kicking the tires in two of the worst markets in the NFL...and most undeserving fan bases. I realize that I'm not breaking any new ground here in bringing this topic up....and I apologize....but it is therapeutic for me. I simply cannot go on much longer having to watch seasons that 1 or 2 games in, I know are lost...what in the hell can we do short of ending it all? I'm already convinced Jerrah is going to outlive both me and Stephen....and probably everyone on this site...so there's that. And the first person on here that says to hit Jerrah in the pocketbook, is going to get kicked square in the nutz....because there are too many idiots out wandering around that will blindly support "their boyz" no matter what BS he slides over to us on a plate year after year after year after year.....what can be done??? Please, I'm asking for help here!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My brother may be one of the most die hard Chargers fans ever...he currently cannot think straight, and is just short of convulsions with the possible hiring of Urban Meyer. I am happy for him, but will be jealous as hell if this happens. So the owner of the worlds most valuable sports team....more $$$ than God....no salary cap on coaches....refuses for 25 years now to hire the best HC and assistants available.....yet, the best coach on the planet currently available is kicking the tires in two of the worst markets in the NFL...and most undeserving fan bases.

Chargers fans, unlike Jags fans, supported their team. The team moved for a new stadium.

Coaches like Meyer already have money. He also already has a home in the LA area. More importantly, the Chargers QB just set the NFL rookie record for TD passes. The most important position is set, and will be cheap for a few years. That team is ready to take off under the right leadership.

Meyer isn't going to work under Jerry's thumb no matter how much money he offers him. Unlike McCarthy, he doesn't have to accept such terms.

GMO415

Reaction score
Not everyone can date the prom queen or king. Move on. I don't see Jerry paying Meyer his asking price of $12 million a year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My brother may be one of the most die hard Chargers fans ever...he currently cannot think straight, and is just short of convulsions with the possible hiring of Urban Meyer. I am happy for him, but will be jealous as hell if this happens. So the owner of the worlds most valuable sports team....more $$$ than God....no salary cap on coaches....refuses for 25 years now to hire the best HC and assistants available.....yet, the best coach on the planet currently available is kicking the tires in two of the worst markets in the NFL...and most undeserving fan bases. I realize that I'm not breaking any new ground here in bringing this topic up....and I apologize....but it is therapeutic for me. I simply cannot go on much longer having to watch seasons that 1 or 2 games in, I know are lost...what in the hell can we do short of ending it all? I'm already convinced Jerrah is going to outlive both me and Stephen....and probably everyone on this site...so there's that. And the first person on here that says to hit Jerrah in the pocketbook, is going to get kicked square in the nutz....because there are too many idiots out wandering around that will blindly support "their boyz" no matter what BS he slides over to us on a plate year after year after year after year.....what can be done??? Please, I'm asking for help here!!!
meyer has health issues and wont last..good luck hes been hesitant to comes back and will be short lived..i cant care les what other teams do..

Mannix

Reaction score
I was already somewhat prepared for this when Jerrah hired Corky, because I had already listened to several of my friends who are Packer fans b**** and moan about him for years. I thought at the time they were being overly unrealistic in their expectations....they probably were....but my God is this coach a total boob!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
------meyer has health issues and wont last..good luck hes been hesitant to comes back and will be short lived..i cant care les what other teams do..

Ok....give me Meyer for two (2) years to get things on the right track....ANYTHING over what we are going to endure for 2-3 more years before Jerrah makes another terrible hire.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Im not emotionally invested anylonger. I watch the Chargers Herberts pass is a thing of beauty. I watch Miami also. Notice how they turned the fins around in two years? I watch the Cowboys because of years invested. The traditional view of the "fan" is passe for me

Motorola

Reaction score
Meyer to Jags is a rumor. Per Jaguars Report, owner Shad Khan has not spoken to anybody about the job.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not everyone can date the prom queen or king. Move on. I don't see Jerry paying Meyer his asking price of $12 million a year.
That price tag screams out I have no intention of coaching any more.

Mannix

Reaction score
Richmond - He heard about The Clapping Carrot and is scared to death!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is going to want control over player personnel................that would never happen in Dallas.

That is why somebody like Meyer or Lincoln Riley will never be hired in Dallas, has nothing to do with how much money they want.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wanted Urban Meyer to be the Texas Longhorns next head coach .
Screw the Cowboys

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im not emotionally invested anylonger. I watch the Chargers Herberts pass is a thing of beauty. I watch Miami also. Notice how they turned the fins around in two years? I watch the Cowboys because of years invested. The traditional view of the "fan" is passe for me
Turned them around in 2 years....... Chargers fired their HC and Miami still hasn't made the playoffs. What exactly did they turn around..... not getting a top 2 pick

csirl

Reaction score
I saw Jason Garrett as one of the names that came up for the Chargers too.

Garrett is an easy choice for any team wanting to flesh out a short list for interview when they've already decided who they want.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chargers will likely hire Bills OC.

We will keep the box of rocks masquerading as a leader on our sidelines.