Twitter: Highest rate of off target throws

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This does NOT fit the narrative. Statistics are not the same as seeing it with your own eye

It is the narrative when some say that the great QBs don't miss the throws, like Dak missed the throws to an open Cooper on Sunday. With their "eyes" some make it seem like Dak misses throws so much more often than other QBs do. Can't use stats on one hand when some want to discredit Dak (like mentioning how Dak was 22nd in QBR), but always discount the stats that goes against the Anti-Dak narrative or proves that Dak isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
What Dak needs to do is throw more TD's to change the narrative. I looked at some stat lines from Wentz last year. 170, 190 yard games but he would have the TD's. I have no problem with Daks game except the touchdowns.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What Dak needs to do is throw more TD's to change the narrative. I looked at some stat lines from Wentz last year. 170, 190 yard games but he would have the TD's. I have no problem with Daks game except the touchdowns.
Its about being efficient with the throws. Being 15/20 for 135 yards and 4 TDs is better than being 30/40 350 yards and 1 TD, being 10/20 for 135 and 2 TDs is better than 20/40 and 1 TD

InTheZone

Reaction score
When most of your passes are within 5 yards of the line I expect you to be mistake/turnover free....are we seriously comparing a continuing trend of dink and dunks to careers of players who consistently put up high completion rates while throwing the ball downfield?

The more Dak bases his game around check downs the more some of you use it as a "TOLD YOU SO" comparing to QBs who consistently lead offenses. Progressively lowering the standards with every season of this.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Its about being efficient with the throws. Being 15/20 for 135 yards and 4 TDs is better than being 30/40 350 yards and 1 TD, being 10/20 for 135 and 2 TDs is better than 20/40 and 1 TD
isn't that what I said ? maybe your'e just agreeing with me. It's all good You expanded more than I did.

Ken

Reaction score
When most of your passes are within 5 yards of the line I expect you to be mistake/turnover free....are we seriously comparing a continuing trend of dink and dunks to careers of players who consistently put up high completion rates while throwing the ball downfield?

The more Dak bases his game around check downs the more some of you use it as a "TOLD YOU SO" comparing to QBs who consistently lead offenses. Progressively lowering the standards with every season of this.
Every qb in the league checks down.

Do you watch other games?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

And if there was some stat that proved that Dak doesn't lead the NFL in check down passes or that is at the top of the list among QBs who attempted pass attempts over 20 yards, then I'm sure the Anti-Dak crowd would move the goal posts again. Just like they have done with every other stat and/or game where Dak proves his doubters wrong.