Twitter: Highest rate of off target throws

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
To me where Dak and the offense must improve in the redzone area. I don't give a damn about how many 50 yard passes he hits. When you look at the top QB it is their effectiveness in the redzone that is the big difference.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-passing.htm

I agree with this. And this is what I mean by there being a difference in mentioning valid issues that Dak and the offense needs to work on and then the fact out negativity and over the board hatred that some throw his way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with this. And this is what I mean by there being a difference in mentioning valid issues that Dak and the offense needs to work on and then the fact out negativity and over the board hatred that some throw his way.

I think if we were producing more in this area of the field it would go a long way in silencing the critics and more important, would go a long ways in getting this team to the SB. Because Dallas is more of a ball control team putting together long drive and eating clock those trips in the redzone become even more critical.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Right and it is also accurate to point out that every QB in the league makes a bad throw, this is not somehow a Dak Prescott problem. He makes bad throws and he makes good throws. He makes some that you scratch your head at, he makes some that take your breath away and some you clench your butt cheeks at. Again, hating him has nothing to do with pointing out that he made a bad throw. Hating him has more to do with claims that he is somehow destined to never improve when the people making these claims have no idea about anything.

It's seeing the same mistakes over and over. It's not wanting to get into a long term commitment with an average player. It's seeing ownership refusal to build a contingency plan. You want to argue he can improve that's fine, but no way can you argue right now that he looks like the long term answer.

It's also fine if you want to argue that other qbs make bad throws. But you can't argue that our team resides near the bottom of the league in points with the league's leading rusher in the backfield.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It's seeing the same mistakes over and over. It's not wanting to get into a long term commitment with an average player. It's seeing ownership refusal to build a contingency plan. You want to argue he can improve that's fine, but no way can you argue right now that he looks like the long term answer.

It's also fine if you want to argue that other qbs make bad throws. But you can't argue that our team resides near the bottom of the league in points with the league's leading rusher in the backfield.

Sure, but do those teams run the same offensive system we run which is ultra conservative on the pass? It was the same system that Romo ran with Demarco and it only worked because Romo audibles out and had Witten and Dez. Dak's a 3rd year QB and I doubt his tether is long enough to do that and he certainly isn't as seasoned as Romo was when he was doing that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but do those teams run the same offensive system we run which is ultra conservative on the pass? It was the same system that Romo ran with Demarco and it only worked because Romo audibles out and had Witten and Dez. Dak's a 3rd year QB and I doubt his tether is long enough to do that and he certainly isn't as seasoned as Romo was when he was doing that.

Let it rest bud...dang...trying to convince us here that Dak has the "Arm" for accurate passing is ludicrous..he has no accuracy,or pocket presence,cant lead a WR to water let alone a completion over 5 yards etc etc jeez Honey man we're not slow minded here.....Dak might have other qualities but accuracy is NOT one of them...

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Now you are just back to excuse making. Mahomes is in year 2, Goff is in year 3, Watson year 3. Coaches don't have to put their kid gloves on with great players.

InTheZone

Reaction score
A team whose main game plan is throwing short to Ertz and screen plays to the WRs won the super bowl.

When you have a RB in Zeke, you do that to keep the ball and run the clock, which helped a lot against the Saints, remember?
Of course I remember. Some of you people need to remember what's being asked of the QB like you already said and understand breaking the bank for the expectations of the QB is not smart in any sense. Controlling the clock is useful against high powered offenses, but you saw our clock management against teams that punch us back, we struggle to get TDs.

I say stick with what works, but in the same manner I'm not going to propel a guy to good, great, or elite status when little is asked of them, for whatever reason. And I'm definitely going to be looking at QBs like college teams do, shuffling every 4 years so that we can continue to pay for great support...meaning winning with any qb.