Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not a troll. I give opinion based on facts, not what I believe or want the facts to say.

The reason you cannot admit to this is because your pet cat Prescott is the leader of the offense. In your mind anything negative about the offense is a slight on Prescott. And God knows that cannot be allowed. That's why you will always see the offense through rosecolored glasses and not reality.

Offense can definitely improve and they will. Garrett is gone. But any notion that the offense is the main reason for the 8-8 season is just dumb logic.

I don't hear you ever say anything about coaching, defense, special teams, which says it all to me.

So the truth is that you are the one guilty of what you accuse me of. Ironically.

FYI...…….I am still waiting for your facts that don't exist.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
you just validated my comments in a way.
So a missed blocked is the reason for Romos failures, but it is not taken into account for Zeke and this stat.
Well ok then...

No I listed several reasons including failures on Cowboys defense and penalties called on the defense that you can't use as excuses for ANY back failing to score on goal to go plays. No back as scored 100% of the time in those situations so even those that were at the top of the list probably had missed blocks on some attempts too. AGAIN if you really don't care where Elliott was in that list why are you still trying to make excuses for why he wasn't rated high on that list.. My guess is you really do care and your feeling were hurt when he wasn't in the top 5.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The INCONSISTENT offense was the primary reason for Dallas under performing last year.

You believe that because Dallas had the most YARDS in the NFL that this absolves them from fault. That is how little you understand the game.

We have been over this many times, but you refuse to acknowledge the facts. The offense did not show up many weeks(5 times)last year, this caused Dallas to lose, plain and simple.

You believing Dallas was the best offense last year is like the one eyed man being king in the land of the blind.

Except you forget that the Cowboys defense was ranked 30th in 3 and outs and dead last in picks. The Cowboys average starting line of scrimmage after change of possession was ranked 29th because the defense allowed the opposing offense to move the ball enough to make the Cowboys when they finally got the ball deep in their own end of the field had longer drives to score. The special teams was ranked in the bottom 4 all season ending as ranked 31st. I'm not saying that the offense didn't miss some opportunities but the defense and special teams were at fault as much or more than the offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Except you forget that the Cowboys defense was ranked 30th in 3 and outs and dead last in picks. The Cowboys average starting line of scrimmage after change of possession was ranked 29th because the defense allowed the opposing offense to move the ball enough to make the Cowboys when they finally got the ball deep in their own end of the field had longer drives to score. The special teams was ranked in the bottom 4 all season ending as ranked 31st. I'm not saying that the offense didn't miss some opportunities but the defense and special teams were at fault as much or more than the offense.

They were 16th in red zone scoring and 22nd on the road and Dak’s completion percentage was at 50% from 10 and 20 yards out, so the excuse if starting field position doesn’t really cut it. They weren’t scoring regularly when they got to the red zone. And Dak was put up a lot of passing yardage, more than pretty much every QB in the league

Further, nobody even knows how they rate this rushing stat. It’s definitely not scoring in general. It’s pretty meaningless. Dak scored 3 TDs rushing this year and one of them was a 42 yarder, meaning it wasn’t even in the red zone.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They were 16th in red zone scoring and 22nd on the road and Dak’s completion percentage was at 50% from 10 and 20 yards out, so the excuse if starting field position doesn’t really cut it. They weren’t scoring regularly when they got to the red zone. And Dak was put up a lot of passing yardage, more than pretty much every QB in the league.
How does his completion percentage compare to other QBs from the same distances?

khiladi

Reaction score
How does his completion percentage compare to other QBs from the same distances?

He’s basically up there with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Dak was pretty mediocre in particular inside the 10.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

And I’m not even sure how they do the rushing stats in the red zone, but you can find them for Dak in here as well. It can be argued even RYab Fitzpatrick was better than him in rushing in the red zone as well last year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-rushing.htm

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He’s basically up there with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Dak was pretty mediocre in particular inside the 10.

And I’m not even sure how they do the rushing stats in the red zone, but you can find them for Dak in here as well. It can be argued even RYab Fitzpatrick was better than him in rushing as well last year.

Yeah that’s not good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I listed several reasons including failures on Cowboys defense and penalties called on the defense that you can't use as excuses for ANY back failing to score on goal to go plays. No back as scored 100% of the time in those situations so even those that were at the top of the list probably had missed blocks on some attempts too. AGAIN if you really don't care where Elliott was in that list why are you still trying to make excuses for why he wasn't rated high on that list.. My guess is you really do care and your feeling were hurt when he wasn't in the top 5.

Not making excuses and I do not care.
Why do you still trying to argue it. Your guess is wrong. You are trying to create something that is not there about my thoughts or how I feel.
Give up.

12+88=7

Reaction score

Look I've explained this enough.

I'm tired of explaining to each and every individual poster.

Bottom line, the myth that the defense was horrible is just that.

No need to respond.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And I’m not even sure how they do the rushing stats in the red zone, but you can find them for Dak in here as well. It can be argued even RYab Fitzpatrick was better than him in rushing in the red zone as well last year.

You mean he' basically up there with Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes?

And when it comes to inside the 10....Patrick Mahomes is at 44%......

Anyone want Ryan Fitzpatrick over Pat Mahomes?

Patrick Mahomes is 51% and Russell Wilson is 49%.

You gotta dig deeper into things Khiladi posts.....

Inside the 20....Dak 52%........
In comparison to other quarterbacks.....

Rodgers is at 58%
Brady is at 54%
Pat Mahomes is at 51%
Russell Wilson is at 49%
Baker Mayfield is at 40%.....

Inside the 10.....Dak goes down to 47% completion rate.

In comparison....
Ryan Tannenhill is at 77%
Russel Wilson goes up to 60%
Pat Mahomes is at 44%
Tom Brady is at 42%
Aaron Rodgers 63%
Teddy Bridgewater is at 63%

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not making excuses and I do not care.
Why do you still trying to argue it. Your guess is wrong. You are trying to create something that is not there about my thoughts or how I feel.
Give up.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. This is REALLY funny. You make a comment about the PPF rating on something and mention Elliott and how you could make a stat showing something and the last thing you say in that comment is you really don't care if Elliott was on the list or not.

I wrote a response to your stat and how it would be cherry picking and the last thing I wrote was if you didn't care if Elliott was on the PPF list why are you arguing why he should have been on the list.

You again replied and then I replied and the last thing I again said was if you didn't care if Elliott was on that list then you must really care and your feelings got hurt when he didn't make it on the list

You again replied and say I should give up but you are the one that claimed not to care yet kept arguing about Elliott not being on the list.

This is why you are really funny and this time in a ha ha funny way.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look I've explained this enough.

I'm tired of explaining to each and every individual poster.

Bottom line, the myth that the defense was horrible is just that.

No need to respond.

Oh I see because YOU say it's your opinion one thing and only one thing was the reason and any other opinion on that is wrong because your opinion is the only one that counts especially when stats prove that your opinion just might not be as right as you think it is.

OK you live in your little world and think as you wish. Here's a little clue for you. Nobody's opinion here is going to change a single thing with the Cowboys no matter how much they think their opinion is right.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WAIT WAIT WAIT. This is REALLY funny. You make a comment about the PPF rating on something and mention Elliott and how you could make a stat showing something and the last thing you say in that comment is you really don't care if Elliott was on the list or not.

I wrote a response to your stat and how it would be cherry picking and the last thing I wrote was if you didn't care if Elliott was on the PPF list why are you arguing why he should have been on the list.

You again replied and then I replied and the last thing I again said was if you didn't care if Elliott was on that list then you must really care and your feelings got hurt when he didn't make it on the list

You again replied and say I should give up but you are the one that claimed not to care yet kept arguing about Elliott not being on the list.

This is why you are really funny and this time in a ha ha funny way.

Whatever. I am done wasting my time on you.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Oh I see because YOU say it's your opinion one thing and only one thing was the reason and any other opinion on that is wrong because your opinion is the only one that counts especially when stats prove that your opinion just might not be as right as you think it is.

OK you live in your little world and think as you wish. Here's a little clue for you. Nobody's opinion here is going to change a single thing with the Cowboys no matter how much they think their opinion is right.

I have broken it down multiple times with multiple posters. I choose not to go through this exercise again.

I am not like those posters who enjoy repeating the same talking points on multiple threads, over and over, endlessly.

I have made my point of view known and there are those that agree and those that don't. That's where it stands and that's where it stays.

khiladi

Reaction score
You mean he' basically up there with Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes?

And when it comes to inside the 10....Patrick Mahomes is at 44%......

Anyone want Ryan Fitzpatrick over Pat Mahomes?

So this is a post about ‘rushing rating’. So do you have an answer to the my point that nobody has any clue how they do rushing stats then? Is Dak average than?

Patrick Mahomes is 51% and Russell Wilson is 49%.

You gotta dig deeper into things Khiladi posts.....

Inside the 20....Dak 52%........
In comparison to other quarterbacks.....

Rodgers is at 58%
Brady is at 54%
Pat Mahomes is at 51%
Russell Wilson is at 49%
Baker Mayfield is at 40%.....

Inside the 10.....Dak goes down to 47% completion rate.

In comparison....
Ryan Tannenhill is at 77%
Russel Wilson goes up to 60%
Pat Mahomes is at 44%
Tom Brady is at 42%
Aaron Rodgers 63%
Teddy Bridgewater is at 63%

And? Mahomes played 14 games and KC was still better than Dallas in red zone scoring at 11, with Dallas at 16 without a rushing game of Zeke. Nobody on KC is even close to Zeke in terms of attempts and Zeke’s efficiency scoring is basically top 3 in the red zone, with Henry. So if anything, Dak should be compared to Ryan Tannehil, with Henry running the ball.

And in the last 3 games, KC was 80% in red zone scoring and in the last game 75%. And Dallas has been 50 percentile the last two years and the only reason there numbers went up to 60 percentile the last three games is because of the Commanders game.

And KC plays in grass and winter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So this is a post about ‘rushing rating’. So do you have an answer to the my point that nobody has any clue how they do rushing stats then? Is Dak average than?

And? Mahomes played 14 games and KC was still better than Dallas in red zone scoring at 11, with Dallas at 16 without a rushing game of Zeke. Nobody on KC is even close to Zeke in terms of attempts and Zeke’s efficiency scoring is basically top 3 in the red zone, with Henry. So if anything, Dak should be compared to Ryan Tannehil, with Henry running the ball.

And in the last 3 games, KC was 80% in red zone scoring and in the last game 75%. And Dallas has been 50 percentile the last two years and the only reason there numbers went up to 60 percentile the last three games is because of the Commanders game.

And KC plays in grass and winter.

My point isn't that Dak is better. My point is these stats are flawed and you have to dig deeper. Its clearly a mess of a stat where Russell Wilson who's a top 3 quarterback in the league suffers in them. As well as Pat. Playing two less games than Dak shouldn't hurt him it should actually help him in this stat.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it ain't Zeke...........

Impressive.

The fact that 2 of the top 4 had very limited total rushing attempts should be the 1st clue that this "stat" does not mean much.

It's based on percent of success/fail.

Dak was only going to run at the goal-line if the coaches thought it was a high probability of success.

Zeke was normally going to get the ball if they called run regardless of the probability of success.

Rushing Attempts
Dak: 52
Marshawn Lynch: 12
Zeke: 301

khiladi

Reaction score
My point isn't that Dak is better. My point is these stats are flawed and you have to dig deeper. Its clearly a mess of a stat where Russell Wilson who's a top 3 quarterback in the league suffers in them. As well as Pat. Playing two less games than Dak shouldn't hurt him it should actually help him in this stat.

No, playing two less games shouldn’t hurt of help him. Being injured can, for example, lead to a drop in performance to re-adjust with the team. And playing in grass and in the cold KC, could affect the numbers as well. And having a mediocre rushing game.

If these stats are a mess, then what does it make of this thread and “rushing grades” and “digging deeper”? You started this thread and used a tweet from PFF as a positive for Dak. Looking at the stats, as I said, one would have no idea what “rushing grades” means taking into account the stats in the link I provided.