Hilarious that the Cowboys keep throwing money at the offense

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We already have one of the most expensive offenses in the NFL, and we're just getting more expensive while the defense continues to work with less.

Anything to attempt and make Garrett look like he has something of value to bring to the table.

The reality, however, is that unless they get rid of a current receiver, we're just seeing fewer snaps for one or all of them, making everyone less valuable. I might just skip this season...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm sure the defense will be heavily addressed in the draft. Who knows what else they may have up their sleeve at this point anyways? Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Future could hold anything.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They have always paid offense more than defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
they put the franchise tag on DLaw....cost $17mil.....not exactly chump change.
will now probably spend the 19th pick on a LB.

stop.
and Irvings 2nd round tender, Price and Thomas the LB..people get so ridiculous sometimes...these are backup role players they are signing for the most part on Offense and some will be traded or let go..its wash really..they are plugging holes from a 9-7 team that just needs a bit of improvement to get in the playoffs..

king987

Reaction score
Or maybe there wasn't many big names in free agency that filled their defensive needs without overpaying?

Look at the list this year of defensive free agents. Aside from a few names, it was far from intriguing. I hate to see Hitchens go, but I don't blame them for being unwilling to pay Hitch what KC is. Hitchens isn't THAT good.

Also think of names that are left. The only one I keep hearing repetitively is Bowman, and he's lost a step. Wouldn't complain if they signed him, but he's no longer a game changer, just a stopgap.

Patience. I'd be shocked if Dallas didn't go D twice in the first three rounds, at least. There is a bunch of depth on D in this draft, and I think they know it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
and Irvings 2nd round tender, Price and Thomas the LB..people get so ridiculous sometimes...these are backup role players they are signing for the most part on Offense and some will be traded or let go..its wash really..they are plugging holes from a 9-7 team that just needs a bit of improvement to get in the playoffs..
they are filling needs so they are free to draft.......talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They have always paid offense more than defense.
50 Mil to Carr and Crawfords deal, how about Ware?Now Irving and Dlaw..

i remember when they blew wadd on Roy Williams than brought in two more safety's to try and make up for it and it pretty much set back the cap as much as any offensive move..you are correct they tended to lean offense but they have only ignored the defense for few years and its shifting bit back there..IMO the bigger names IE Super stars came due on offense and we really didn't have many who deserved the big check on D until now..got to have the talent first than they get paid..

slick325

Reaction score
I hope the FO takes the DT position seriously. Get a DT and LB with premium picks this draft is a must!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hope the FO takes the DT position seriously. Get a DT and LB with premium picks this draft is a must!
If the Fleming thing works out, they could get a guard early, look for good opportunities at TE and then just load up on defense otherwise.

That is the way I would execute my plan for this draft.

Unless they have designs on dumping Bryant, WR should be eliminated. This is not really the year to go looking for one anyways. Look at next year. It is loaded with the big types they love.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not a must but i agree thats should be the focus without reaching..BPA on board needs to be the draft montra..i don't think we are desperate this year to after a position.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Didn't they stack the offense at the cost of defense when Romo was here? What was the excuse then?

Actually they ignored key pieces of the offense for the majority of the time he was here.

We had a terrible offensive line that couldn't pass block.