HOF - Cliff Harris in; Drew Pearson not

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
As happy as I am for Jimmy Johnson and Cliff Harris on their induction to the pro football Hall of Fame, I am just sick that Drew Pearson was snubbed. And if that moment wasn't painful enough he will now have to endure what I think will be the insensitive question of "how does that make you feel", as if that's not obvious. I am both sad and angry that he was bypassed.

quickccc

Reaction score
Really glad for Cliff Harris ! ... and if you look at the past list of HOF inductees, it's very difficult for safeties to make the HOF.

Would it help if Jerry made a public impression and push for Drew Pearson ?
Or is it still more about only his own Boyz from just his Cowboys era only ?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eh, time to just give up. The NFL hates him for some reason. The voters were probably celebrating keeping him out again.

quickccc

Reaction score
Heartbreaking...fell for Drew. Only First All-Decade team member not in...not right at all.

there has to be more of a public push from the more very prominent persons that people take the biggest heed to, imo. (Jerry ?)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And he and Lynn Swann were named to the all-decade 70s team.

One of the two best receivers of the 70s is not in the Hall of Fame.

How?

Swann might be the worst WR in the hall.

Folks shouldn't base their judgments on how Drew stacks up against the worst guy.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Would be nice to see all of his teammates from his era ask to be taken out of Canton until he's put in.

gmb1

Reaction score
Eh, time to just give up. The NFL hates him for some reason. The voters were probably celebrating keeping him out again.
What did he do? He seems like a nice man. Why the voters keep him out? I must admit, he was a little before my time.

GMO415

Reaction score
Drew Pearson
489 receptions
7,822 yards
48 TD
4x Pro Bowler
3x 1st Team All Pro
1x 2nd Team All Pro
Made the Hail Mary Catch
1970's All Decade Team

Lynn Swann
336 receptions
5,462 yards
51 TD
3x Pro Bowler
1x 1st Team All Pro
2x 2nd Team All Pro
Super Bowl MVP
1970's All Decade Team

Lynn Swann made the Hall of Fame in 2001. Drew Pearson still isn't in. They both have similar resumes (Swann played two less seasons). Let him in.
Cowboys hate game BS

quickccc

Reaction score
Happy for Jimmy and Cliff. Drew certainly deserves to get in along with Darren Woodson. Witten and Ware will soon get in.

It was so very important than Drew got in HOF now, ..and the more time passes by, the more players from that era tend to be forgotten and flat left in the dust.
and we never know if a newer selected group of HOF voters will be that much more prone to forgetting and neglecting the past era of players.

I would have thought not only Pearson being a part of All-pro and All-Decade honors would draw considerable attention but also being well connected with still the
most popular sports team of all time, would have definitely help bring even more spotlight attention to his chances of getting it. ...but alas NOPE !

BTW, NFL draft time will always be prompted by both Drew Pearson's cheering Cowboys rant vs boo-hissing Philly fans (every team hosting NFL draft will always try to top that.!!)
..and the " Who's the hell is this Mel Kiper? " moment. LOL :lmao2: