Hold off on Dak contract

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes Dak has done so much, 5 years and jack squat accomplished and it appears it keeps getting worse, but yes pay Dak and lets get some more disappearing QB play until it is soft time, every Dak apologist live for those worthless stats and we all love those big Ls he puts up in crunch time yes you are right sign him up you can't pay to much for that kind of talent..

He made the playoffs in 2 of his 4 years while also winning a playoff game, as if that is Jack shir.

Nah the Dak haters are simply too stupid of individuals since they aren't able to differentiate between individual performance and team performance.
They simply look at the teams record and say ahhh that QB is that good, it literally takes the IQ of a 5 year old to think that way. Frankly it is embarrassing.

We went 13-3 his rookie season, yet Dak has been much better than his rookie season the last three years but the team hasn't performed as well.

You really need to look inward and think "maybe I should use a little more brain power when trying to evaluate individual performance".

Brax

Reaction score
He made the playoffs in 2 of his 4 years while also winning a playoff game, as if that is Jack shir.

Nah the Dak haters are simply too stupid of individuals since they aren't able to differentiate between individual performance and team performance.
They simply look at the teams record and say ahhh that QB is that good, it literally takes the IQ of a 5 year old to think that way. Frankly it is embarrassing.

We went 13-3 his rookie season, yet Dak has been much better than his rookie season the last three years but the team hasn't performed as well.

You really need to look inward and think "maybe I should use a little more brain power when trying to evaluate individual performance".

Most of the team capital in draft and trade assets went to prop Dak up the last few years ,Zeke carried the team the first 3 years and Daks short comings were a major reason Jerry caved to Zekes hold out, everyone knew Dak couldn't carry the team, look at the last 2 years pathetic but those soft stats against the bottom feeders D's are what you like , lets face it Dak is no more than a good QB and isn't taking this team anywhere with what is needed to hide his flaws , he had a top 10 D last year and could only muster 9 points with a stacked O when it counted, yes your single digit IQ is really embarrassing when it comes to football. The bold above says enough about your sad view, someday you understand what Dak has cost this team playing on his rookie deal and it is going get a lot worse when they pay him like the metal midgets want. We get you pathetic view all good is Dak , all bad and its a team game, go away and peddle your drivel to other idiots like yourself. I will never understand your and others of your ilk why calling Dak a good QB so upsets and unhinges you Dak apologists, the only way this team gets anywhere with him at QB is at a reasonable price and a great D (top 3) and they are not doing that paying him 37-40 million and I can't help it you are to mentality challenged to understand that, you must be a really big Jerry supporter and that says all anyone needs to know.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Most of the team capital in draft and trade assets went to prop Dak up the last few years ,Zeke carried the team the first 3 years and Daks short comings were a major reason Jerry caved to Zekes hold out, everyone knew Dak couldn't carry the team, look at the last 2 years pathetic but those soft stats against the bottom feeders D's are what you like , lets face it Dak is no more than a good QB and isn't taking this team anywhere with what is needed to hide his flaws , he had a top 10 D last year and could only muster 9 points with a stacked O when it counted, yes your single digit IQ is really embarrassing when it comes to football. The bold above says enough about your sad view, someday you understand what Dak has cost this team playing on his rookie deal and it is going get a lot worse when they pay him like the metal midgets want. We get you pathetic view all good is Dak , all bad and its a team game, go away and peddle your drivel to other idiots like yourself. I will never understand your and others of your ilk why calling Dak a good QB so upsets and unhinges you Dak apologists, the only way this team gets anywhere with him at QB is at a reasonable price and a great D (top 3) and they are not doing that paying him 37-40 million and I can't help it you are to mentality challenged to understand that, you must be a really big Jerry supporter and that says all anyone needs to know.
:clap::clap:

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Dak is a better QB than Andy Dalton, but paying 40 million for someone like Dak is absolutely ridiculous and I don't understand. Good guy, but he doesn't push the needle. Even if dak is the answer, he's NEVER winning anything with jerry.

Sign a QB in draft. Trade dak to NE for picks. Or at least dont pay him 40 million. 28 million TOPS

Where do I start, or should I even start? Obviously you are oblivious.

1. Sign a qb in the draft? I suppose you mean draft a qb, and which qb would that be? The top 2 will be gone by the time the Cowboys pick.
2. Trade Dak to NE? You can't trade a guy you don't have under contract.
3. $28 Million? So you are suggesting we pay him under market value for a Top 10 qb? Did you see him running the offense this year? Or are you just choosing to ignore the offense's complete jump off the cliff into the precipice of Andy Dalton mediocrity after Dak's injury?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who's challenged? You might want to proofread your posts first.
Prescott's salary has been peanuts his first 4 seasons, but you're suggesting NOW the team should draft another QB who is a complete unknown and they can build a "great d?"

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
you should only pay 40 million for qbs who push the needle. like mahomes. dak isnt worth 40 million. 28 a year is fair. i wouldnt go higher
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That's Jacoby Brissett money.

Brax

Reaction score
Who's challenged? You might want to proofread your posts first.
Prescott's salary has been peanuts his first 4 seasons, but you're suggesting NOW the team should draft another QB who is a complete unknown and they can build a "great d?"
You need to read again, the point is his salary was peanuts, and what was accomplished . Jerry used so much capital to build this offense and the D was built on the cheap and what wonderful results, now you want to pay Dak Elite money and then expect to build a D with so much committed on the O side, heck you most likely want a OL in the draft, more wasted capital to hide Daks short comings.. Where did I say draft a QB, you need a reading comprehension course or maybe you just read it to fast.. as for a rookie QB , that would depend on the QB , I do know one thing 30 odd million a year sure helps put some defensive piece's in place but like I said Dak at a fair price may work. Yes lets pay Dak 37-40 million and draft them up a super D, brilliant just brilliant, how is that working so far. You do know Dak is not a game changing QB who carries his team, he is a solid good QB and those type` need lots of O help and a great D. Dak will be signed, Jerry and Stevie and Mike will sign some has bens and the results-more of the same but as long as Dak woops up on some poor Ds on occasion puts up some soft stats and a occasional play off loss every few years every thing is good in your world and Jerry's, that's what I love about fans of players stats are what counts I prefer doing what's best for the team a concept you and Jerry do not seem to understand. Either side of the fence we sit on most likely doesn't matter as Jerry is calling the shots and he is mighty poor at it and the results prove it and it will not change any time soon.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
you should only pay 40 million for qbs who push the needle. like mahomes. dak isnt worth 40 million. 28 a year is fair. i wouldnt go higher

I know this is a hot potato issue around here and it may be a bitter pill to swallow, but franchise QBs cost an arm and a leg because they just aren't a dime a dozen and while Dak maybe can't push the needle like a Mahomes, he's more than capable of cutting the mustard, like say a Jimmy Garoppolo or Matt Ryan who played well enough to win a super bowl, so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here guys

HungryLion

Reaction score
We will see what the cowboys do.

but for those who are in favor of drafting a QB to replace Dak.

just look at the National games yesterday.

Same draft....... Mahomes and Trubisky.

The chance of replacing Dak with anyone good is a coin flip at best. Closer to 30-40%

If the FO takes us back on the QB carousel. Then so be it. But there ain’t no guarantees that us fans will enjoy the ride.