Hold off on Dak contract

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak is a better QB than Andy Dalton, but paying 40 million for someone like Dak is absolutely ridiculous and I don't understand. Good guy, but he doesn't push the needle. Even if dak is the answer, he's NEVER winning anything with jerry.

Sign a QB in draft. Trade dak to NE for picks. Or at least dont pay him 40 million. 28 million TOPS
Back to your Madden game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why years? Use all draft picks for the defense.
I agree, we should draft defense. however for what ever reasons (I have my theories), we are not good at drafting defensive players or evaluating them and take too many risks....ala LVE (had medical history), Jaylon (nuff said), Lee (injury history) and then picking the likes of Hill, Taco, Gregory (another risky pick), etc...... Jimmy Johnson once picked Maryland as #1 over all knowing that he wasn't going to be a start. He said he knew what he would be getting out of him, how he would fit the scheme and how he could utilize him to make the team better....instead we have river boat gambler, making gambles every year and none pay off....its the culture of this organization with sole focus on offense

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's not the point. My point was answering the idea that fans act as if it were their own money being spent. My point is fans don't think that that's the case. They want the team to manage the cap smartly so that the team has enough money for all the positions.
And that wasn't my point. We have money to either keep players we let go and/or sign play makers and the idiotic staff doesn't. And it gets old hearing some fans act like they understand market value and just because they don't like a player or they didn't play well that equates to them being "overpaid." It's lazy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not necessarily. They have been, but that trend may be fading due to it not working.

Honestly, I'd pay Dak around 37 mil per season if he'd sign a 10 year contract such as Mahomes's. That's the sort of contract we need w/ him so we can play w/ the money to add players. Dak insisting on 4 years is simply selfish. Not to mention stupid.

370 million for Dak.....:muttley:...Thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not necessarily. They have been, but that trend may be fading due to it not working.

Honestly, I'd pay Dak around 37 mil per season if he'd sign a 10 year contract such as Mahomes's. That's the sort of contract we need w/ him so we can play w/ the money to add players. Dak insisting on 4 years is simply selfish. Not to mention stupid.
the trend hasn't changed yet and I doubt if it will...in 2024 the salary cap is expected to go up by 20% or more, which will only help increase the QB salaries. its the most important position in football.

and no, Dak insisting on 4 year contract at most (in 2019) isn't selfish. its business. its market. wentz, goff, wilson all got contracts that end before 2024 and they are going to hit that year as FAs....that was the key to their contracts....and Dak was looking for the same....even Deshan watson contract is designed to be front loaded and him getting out of it in 2024....

Jones could have had Dak for 4 years, with a good average salary, he insisted on 5 year deal. Jones didn't have the upper hand in the market. either Tag him for 32M, and then next year he is FA again....and gets tagged for 38M or some team will give him a contract and you have nothing.....Jones miscalculated and its not the first time. he relented to Zeke with 2 years left on his contract and gave him a ridiculous contract.......he miscalculates all the time often on the wrong side

jnday

Reaction score
You've seen the crapstorm the Cowboys have turned into without Dak. The only thing I can figure that would provoke you to want more of that is you just hate the Cowboys. Dak gives this team a chance to win. But hey if you like being a loser then keep on starting threads like this.
Did you miss the last couple of seasons? Dak has been great at losing.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dak is a better QB than Andy Dalton, but paying 40 million for someone like Dak is absolutely ridiculous and I don't understand. Good guy, but he doesn't push the needle. Even if dak is the answer, he's NEVER winning anything with jerry.

Sign a QB in draft. Trade dak to NE for picks. Or at least dont pay him 40 million. 28 million TOPS
How did that work out for you Jerral W. "Dumbo GM" Jones. Jimmy Johnson and Bob Ackles gave Aikman the largest and longest deal with Tex Schramm last advice to Jerry "Dumbo GM" Jones being "Don't be stupid, take the Quarterback".

When you are gifted by the Cowboys gods a developing franchise QB, that has proven leadership in the 4th round of a NFL Draft, you kiss him and sign him long term. You make him compete every year for his job (see Staubach and White, Aikman and Buerline, Brady and Grappollo, Montana and Young). But you sign him long term. Then trade him when the skills leave. Considering that Dak Prescott is 6-2-228, 4.75 40 yd time, that would be long into the future.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones has birth the same dumbo fans that just wouldn't know a football player if he bit him in the butt.

lostar2009

Reaction score
A lot of qbs that's drafted in the first become bust. Not only that give him 2-3 years for him to get where Dak is at now? Age your team, MAYBE get a SB then a year later you still have to pay him. But guess what? QB's going for 60M a year by then.

Silly

Reaction score

Who says Dak even wants to comeback to Dallas? If I were him I'd maybe look around at other teams or he will end up like Romo with no rings!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If they have a top 3 pick, they should draft a qb, and franchise dak. Make a run with a healthy team and dak. The qb gets a year of experience behind dak. Then rebuild the team and defense with 4 years of a cheap qb

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jerry made a colossal blunder by not signing Dak immediately after the 2018 season.

By dragging his feet Dak’s price kept going higher and higher.

Jerry made it worse by extending Zeke and Jaylon with the money that should have been applied towards Dak.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
If Dak would take a Wentz like contract, you give it to him and happily build around him. It will be tough but its a fair contract. Unfortunately, Wentz has a Wentz contract and he sucks. The Eagles basically screwed the entire NFL by handing that worthless gob of manure that contract. Well, them and Goff/Rams.

At $40m per year you are really starting to make things difficult. The Cowboys already have overpaid Jaylon, Zeke and Tank. They need to replace a lot of positions. Its going to take years to clean this mess up. By time the Cowboys have all of this dross off the payroll, Dak will be a free agent again. Why do it?

Dak was absolutely willing to take a Wentz like contract.

It was the Cowboys that insisted on a Wentz contract plus an extra year of control.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good guy, but he doesn't push the needle.
And these these guys do?! o_O

JJ extend Zeke when Pollard can do same?
JJ extend D Law after only 1 decent year?
JJ extend J Smith after half a decent year?
JJ extend L Collins being injury prone?

Where’s Dak $?