Honest D Irvin Opinion

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
The way he looked last year when healthy, he could be the best pass rushing DT in the league.
A Donald is considered the best because he's done it for years. If D Irvin plays a full year, he can be as good as A Donald or better. I say this because, A Donald isn't great against the run. He's a pass rushing Dt.
Just Watch Irvin against Green Bay. He also has D Law, but A Donald's been playing with 2 or 3 1st rounders.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for someone to spell the dude's name correctly?
How can we have a forum discussion if you can't even spell the guy's name?
Not to mention the fact that it's mispelled to match a team icon.

David Irving
Michael Irvin

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
^ If you're going to criticize for an easily-made mistake, least you could do is address the man's question.

I think Irving has the potential to be a game-wrecker. We've seen those flashes against GB.

But I just don't think he enjoys football. He plays it because he has talent, but there is no drive to be great. That's why we only see flashes.

His personality is quirky, to say the least. Maybe flat-out weird. I look at any contribution he makes as a bonus.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for someone to spell the dude's name correctly?
How can we have a forum discussion if you can't even spell the guy's name?
Not to mention the fact that it's mispelled to match a team icon.

David Irving
Michael Irvin
D Irvin can be as dominant as A Donald.
Mispelling a name is nothing. A name can be spelled however a person chooses. As long as I'm a great speller when it comes to non names, I'm fine with it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
^ If you're going to criticize for an easily-made mistake, least you could do is address the man's question.

I think Irving has the potential to be a game-wrecker. We've seen those flashes against GB.

But I just don't think he enjoys football. He plays it because he has talent, but there is no drive to be great. That's why we only see flashes.

His personality is quirky, to say the least. Maybe flat-out weird. I look at any contribution he makes as a bonus.

He never asked a question. He's giving an opinion of a fictional player in a parallel world. They should make a movie
on this D Irvin character.

RoboQB

Reaction score
D Irvin can be as dominant as A Donald.
Mispelling a name is nothing. A name can be spelled however a person chooses. As long as I'm a great speller when it comes to non names, I'm fine with it.

Fair enough.
If it can only be one, at least you picked what counts the most.

Before giving a true opinion on whether he can be as dominant as Donald, I need to see him put together a full season.
Donald was Defense POY last season and is already a perennial pro bowl player.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Fair enough.
If it can only be one, at least you picked what counts the most.

Before giving a true opinion on whether he can be as dominant as Donald, I need to see him put together a full season.
Donald was Defense POY last season and is already a perennial pro bowl player.
Yeah but he's not great against the run and his defense was below average.

chagus

Reaction score
Im really looking forward to seeing how this entire D-line pans out, especially D. Irvin paired up with a healthy Collins.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So when I say he can be as dominant as A Donald, its realistic since neither is great against the run. The only difference is, Donald has multiple 1st rounds picks on the line with him.

I'm just saying he needs to show consistency. That's all.
Hell, I hope you're right. We're rooting for the same outcome here.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
The game against the packers was scary. Imagine if we get consistent pressure on the other side to help him and Lawrence.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The NFL website lists Irving at 290 lbs. Cowboys website lists him at 273 lbs. If he's 290, a concern of his holding up for an entire season would be mostly eliminated, but if he's still about 273 lbs, I think he'll have trouble holding up all year long, and would have to be more of a rotational player and therefore have less opportunity to make a big impact...

Verdict

Reaction score
Let's be real here. He has flashed glimpses of elite ability. He has also been suspended and exhibited questionable judgement.

Which guy is he? He's both. You can't ignore the ability but you can't ignore the suspension either.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
unfortunately, a lot of really good football players make bad decisions. Favre was a alcoholic and addicted to pain killers.
Marvin Harrison arranged to have a guy shot twice in Philly(still made the hall of fame before TO).

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Right now they don’t belong in the same sentence. Irving even when healthy disappears for stretches then at times he looks like a beast he has to be consistent to be compared to one of the best.