Honest D Irvin Opinion

dallas72

Reaction score
Irving now has Domestic Violence crap going & police investigating...typical Cowboy

Verdict

Reaction score
Irving spreads to have a ten cent head. He should be getting away from his significant other and staying away from her before he gets in trouble he can't get out of.

JustChip

Reaction score
unfortunately, a lot of really good football players make bad decisions. Favre was a alcoholic and addicted to pain killers.
Marvin Harrison arranged to have a guy shot twice in Philly(still made the hall of fame before TO).

Right. And I don't care within reason what they do off the field as long as it doesn't affect on the field. The issue with Irving is his consistency on the field - is that a result of or influenced by his off the field life? Who knows for sure, maybe yes, maybe no. Bottom line is he needs to demonstrate he can stay on the field and produce consistently when there before he's mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Donald.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He looks like he’s a all pro talent. The front office doesn’t seem to like him much though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL website lists Irving at 290 lbs. Cowboys website lists him at 273 lbs. If he's 290, a concern of his holding up for an entire season would be mostly eliminated, but if he's still about 273 lbs, I think he'll have trouble holding up all year long, and would have to be more of a rotational player and therefore have less opportunity to make a big impact...
He said he is over 300 for the offseason but won't play at that weight.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Seriously, if they brought in a true 1T it would bring the whole DL to life. Hankins would be perfect. Irving would really be unstoppable because they wouldn't be able to double him. The DEs would get home more because QBs wouldn't be able to step up into a clean pocket. This is why I wanted Vea so badly. TB got the steal of the 1st round if you ask me...

jay94

Reaction score
The way he looked last year when healthy, he could be the best pass rushing DT in the league.
A Donald is considered the best because he's done it for years. If D Irvin plays a full year, he can be as good as A Donald or better. I say this because, A Donald isn't great against the run. He's a pass rushing Dt.
Just Watch Irvin against Green Bay. He also has D Law, but A Donald's been playing with 2 or 3 1st rounders.

Best pass rushing DT, no way not even close, who cares if Donald isn't great against the run, he's a generational talent, Irving nor any dt is close to Donald I'm sorry.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Irving has the potential to be elite. My concern is that last concussion had affects that lasted an awful long time!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He said he is over 300 for the offseason but won't play at that weight.

Yeah but a lot of the amount over 300 is probably fat, very few NFL players work out in the off-season like they do during the season. Maybe they'll adjust his weight in the "official" Dallas Cowboys website roster before the season starts....

kskboys

Reaction score
Best pass rushing DT, no way not even close, who cares if Donald isn't great against the run, he's a generational talent, Irving nor any dt is close to Donald I'm sorry.
Yeah, let's not get stupid here. Donald is a freak.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah, let's not get stupid here. Donald is a freak.

And how many, before he was drafted, said he was too small to play DT in the NFL? Turned out he's not too small. Point is making assumptions about a player at a certain position can blind you to a potential great draft pick....

kskboys

Reaction score
And how many, before he was drafted, said he was too small to play DT in the NFL? Turned out he's not too small. Point is making assumptions about a player at a certain position can blind you to a potential great draft pick....
Of course. However, that's not what this was about. Someone compared Irving to Donald, and that is a wild comparison due to the extreme play of Donald. You're asking me to forget that Donald is a top 3 DT and scream that Irving is the next Aaron Donald. Way too premature, and has the one proclaiming this studied skillsets to determine if it's even possible?

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm merely trying to infuse logic into the comparison.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You're asking me to forget that Donald is a top 3 DT and scream that Irving is the next Aaron Donald.

I never said I thought that Irving was the next Donald, that was someone else. I was just noting that there are exceptions to every rule about size needed to play DT, etc...