Honeymoon is over

stiletto

Reaction score
No way will Jerry fire Garrett no matter what happens this season, 13-3 renewed Garrett for 5 more years..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well, as positive as I want to be, it's not working. We have big personell wholes and even bigger coaching deficiencies. 10 and 6 is optimistic and 8 and 8 is realistic. Anything less tha. That should call for a new staff.

It's cool. Take a deep breath and look at the big picture. We're only a quarter into this season. In 2009 Dallas started 2-2 and ended up 11-5. We have to remember Dak Prescott is still very young and he's going to have to take some steps back (statistically) from 2016 in order to reach the next stage of his development as a franchise quarterback. The offensive line is gelling with two new starters. The defense was missing Sean Lee and the secondary is basically populated by rookies.

I don't think anybody expected the Cowboys to have a season like 2016 again. But the future is still bright. Let's say the Cowboys beat Green Bay and San Fran. They're 4-2 and we all feel great again.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to say it's still early in the season, but the Jekyll and Hyde act has me totally uncertain about where we are. The defense looked so good on Monday that I had hope. Then today happened. Game 1 - held the Giants to 3. Game 2 - looked horrible in Denver. Game 3 - pass rush galore with great tackling. Game 4 - made the Rams look like the Greatest Show on Turf. Will the real Dallas Cowboys defense please stand up?

And don't let me get started on the offense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's cool. Take a deep breath and look at the big picture. We're only a quarter into this season. In 2009 Dallas started 2-2 and ended up 11-5. We have to remember Dak Prescott is still very young and he's going to have to take some steps back (statistically) from 2016 in order to reach the next stage of his development as a franchise quarterback. The offensive line is gelling with two new starters. The defense was missing Sean Lee and the secondary is basically populated by rookies.

I don't think anybody expected the Cowboys to have a season like 2016 again. But the future is still bright. Let's say the Cowboys beat Green Bay and San Fran. They're 4-2 and we all feel great again.
I like you're style!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I was so high on this defense and thought it has a different mindset with all the new additions. But the same mistakes keep repeating itself. Missed tackles, safeties who can't cover or tackle, cb's who can't cover or tackle. Run defense getting thrashed. I guess we have to have 100% of our defense healthy with everyone back to play at least good or average. We have talent, but players never show any growth. Just a few good plays that get you excited, then a big let down.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I was so high on this defense and thought it has a different mindset with all the new additions. But the same mistakes keep repeating itself. Missed tackles, safeties who can't cover or tackle, cb's who can't cover or tackle. Run defense getting thrashed. I guess we have to have 100% of our defense healthy with everyone back to play at least good or average. We have talent, but players never show any growth. Just a few good plays that get you excited, then a big let down.

Sadly this is starting to feel like 2013, when 30 or more points won't be enough.

DiResta

Reaction score
Cowboys only have to win the division to get in
maybe the team isnt as good as the others this year? if not, we should hate the team and fire everyone i agree.
or maybe we let them fight for it. we are thin at linebacker, one draft we could change the whole thing just like corners. try to be patient and not act silly over a hard loss
Todd Gurley is pretty good btw
i know without Lee you will have a hard time stopping him plus Tavon they are using him very well finally. hes one of fastest guys in the nfl.
we know Lawrence is our best rusher, so do they. he will always see 2 guys on longer passes, we know that. but we can do stuff to get pressure
when Ware was hurt we got no pressure, when he was healthy they put 2 guys we had nobody else.
some of these fixes we dont have on roster yet
no need to give up i dont think

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, as positive as I want to be, it's not working. We have big personell wholes and even bigger coaching deficiencies. 10 and 6 is optimistic and 8 and 8 is realistic. Anything less than that should call for a new staff.
mr Ranching--- I have been going over schedule and i cant put us at 10-6...unless a significant better change in teams play occurs

rags747

Reaction score
Love Witten but Dak really needs a receiving TE at this point. Our offense is hurting, Dez can't get separation, Williams is Williams, Beasley is being double covered etc etc. Zeke at least was close to being in top form today.