Hope, springs eternal!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,535 Messages
    10,525 Likes Received
    can’t disagree there, and yes I think once the fanbase starts contracting and he realizes that revenue is not sustainable without ridiculous cost increases, that he may do something different.

then again, he might just be too old and stuck in his ways with so much money that he doesn’t care.

2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,160 Messages
    52,819 Likes Received
    So what happens 1st..."hope" that the Cowboys improve, or "hope" that the hate on this place improves? :muttley:
    I say the team, as once one area is fixed, they haters will find something else to hate on. We can win the SB, and they will find something. As they will not give Jerry credit for it. Nor Dak.

Rockport and Ranching like this.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,108 Messages
    23,340 Likes Received
    My hope is that DC, Dan Quinn, will inspire his players to buy into his ways, like he has the players of other teams. I'm seeing statements by some of our current players that indicate they're already buying into his ways. Jaylon Smith is one of them. Hopefully, our defense will respond well enough to get a successful season from the entire team. That would be my version of "hope springing eternal." ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Tangle_Foot, Ranching and CouchCoach like this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

29,600 Messages
    51,091 Likes Received
    The hate here is not because of the team, some feel free to express themselves here and purge some of that pent up anger and hate.

The frustration levels of people now are at the highest in my lifetime and this site, and I imagine all the social media sites, are places to purge some of that. Better here than at the family or friends. And it can be done anonymously here.

Ranching likes this.
  5. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,983 Messages
    10,429 Likes Received
    I feel this way every single offseason.

Then the games start and the spots we all knew weren't addressed get exploited by good teams, and we beat up the bad ones.

Its the same movie that Jerry continues to convince us is better.

Even the two exceptions off the top of my head ended in choking at home after playoff bye.

Really....two ONE seeds blown up by trams that were not better, but more hungry and better coached.

Tough to accept.

silver, Jake and Ranching like this.
  6. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

28,392 Messages
    74,330 Likes Received
    I don't mind optimism or pessimism, to each their own.
    What I don't like is when a fan hopes for the team to lose or for a player to fail, just to prove their point...but again, to each, their own.

7. jazzcat22

49,160 Messages
    52,819 Likes Received
    TomAto or Tomato, Frustration level or hate. :muttley:

8. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,032 Messages
    46,819 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

HowardC and hittheskids like this.
  9. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,032 Messages
    46,819 Likes Received
    A one seed has only been knocked out in the divisional round twice in the 2000s. Both times it was the Cowboys. :facepalm:

10. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,063 Messages
    21,560 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: You can continue to lie to yourself about the Cowboys if you choose to but expecting others to do the same is not wise.

HowardC likes this.
  11. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,495 Messages
    22,708 Likes Received
    I’m not lying to myself about anything. If you want to be a pessimistic ole grouch be my guest.

12. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,063 Messages
    21,560 Likes Received
    It's your own mental health you are messing with. I'm at peace with the fact Jerry Jones has screwed up this team so bad that it won't be good again for a very long while.

HowardC likes this.
  13. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,384 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    I read a lot of Ranching's posts. And thats my conclusion about him.

If you think that posts like mine ruin this place, well look at yours. You are not exactly a person who leads by example.

14. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,384 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    Just a reaction to the guy he is.

If you dont like it, dont read it.

But then i know what guy you are. No wonder your posts look like this one.

15. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,495 Messages
    22,708 Likes Received
    You don't even know the guy. Get a life.

16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,032 Messages
    46,819 Likes Received
    If only we could test that theory. :muttley:

jazzcat22 likes this.
  17. jazzcat22

49,160 Messages
    52,819 Likes Received
    The theory is valid. :D

18. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

9,697 Messages
    15,545 Likes Received
    I just want the QB situation fixed. Sign Dak. Trade Dak. Forget Dak. I think that needs to come into focus. It will allow them to get the draft right.

19. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

2,692 Messages
    4,541 Likes Received
    Hope sits high in the saddle for this old boy until that wild mustang starts bucking and pounding the air with its hooves.

20. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    19,151 Likes Received
    our defense took the Xavier woods approach to 2020. Whats worse, they didn't know their assignments. EVEN WORSE, the coaching on that side of the ball was inept and sent mixed messages. Lastly, our players are simply over hyped and not very good. That was painfully obvious in 2020. Defense is in full rebuild mode.The core that DQ will build around is Wilson, Gallimore, Diggs. I feel EVERYONE and I mean everyone else is on notice. Even the likes of Dlaw.

Ranching likes this.