Hospitals across U.S. are requiring workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19

Discussion in 'Covid Zone' started by Hoofbite, Jul 8, 2021.

1. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    300 new cases? That is just a fake number they listed. It is not real. There are 350,000,000 million people in the U.S. 300 got tested and showed positive, but if you think about it, there have to be a very large amount getting it. They just don't show symptoms, and never get tested.

Then there is the question in the way the test are performed and false positives, and the recovery rate.

I don't think the right numbers are there

2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

38,334 Messages
    8,151 Likes Received
    325 is only for my state today. Sorry, I didn't clarify. I think the US was at like 62,000 positives yesterday. I thought the minimal number by itself would have implied a non-national total, but I guess not.

In terms of false positives, it seems highly unlikely the same test used about a month ago would suddenly start spitting out excess false positives. We were coming in below 100 patients on multiple days for a 3-weeks span. Now we're at 300+. False positives aren't the reason. More people are actually testing positive.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    !00 -200 million people didnt get tested, and it is most likely 340+ million. By logic, that 62,000 number is insanely higher.

So, what you have is a test that they have changed the amount of rotations on because of false positives and might have other faults, they didn't adjust the numbers after they did that, and they show an ongoing count without canceling out the recovered people, and people who don't show symptoms.

you are now walking around without a mask, if the real number was 27,000,000 people instead of the 62,000, would that change how you act, would you be more afraid?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  4. Hoofbite

38,334 Messages
    8,151 Likes Received
    Well yeah, who the hell gets tested if you don't have symptoms or an exposure? It's not like the virus chooses people according to the Powerball system, producing a need to test the entire nation every day. That's the silliest thing I've heard. It doesn't matter how many people haven't been tested. People don't just randomly get tested for the flu, malaria, tuberculosis, HIV, HepC, c.diff, etc. There are these things in medicine called "indications". If you don't have an indication to test for a specific cause of ailment, you don't get tested. Same principal applies to pharmaceuticals. Not everyone is taking a statin or antihypertensive. Why? Because not everyone has high cholesterol or hypertension.

Actually, "by that logic", the number is what it is. It's 62,000. Back during the peak, the population wasn't significantly greater or lesser. There's no need to mention how many weren't tested because the results differed in spite of the same overall population size. You can only use the data you have. If x number of people show up to test, that's the data you report. You don't just assume there's more out there and conclude the entire testing-reporting system is flawed. That doesn't even make sense.

I go without a mask in most cases now because I am vaccinated. I have always said that masking and distancing was the best we could do until a vaccine was available. I am vaccinated, and given that at least 98% of all of my hospital's admissions for COVID for the last few months have been unvaccinated people, I'm confident enough in the efficacy of the vaccine to go without. That said, if nearly 9% of the population was testing positive for COVID every single day, you're damn right I would be more "afraid". Why? Because after 12 days, that means everyone has it. Is this supposed to be a trick question?

5. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received

Well, you said it, you just don't understand what you said. By this time everyone has most likely been exposed to it. The people who don't have symptoms or have recovered don't get tested. There are faults in the test. There have been errors in the way the numbers are kept.

you said
    "That said, if nearly 9% of the population was testing positive for COVI D every single day, you're damn right I would be more "afraid".

if they tested 350,000,000 people in a day, that one day would have an insane amount of people testing positive, but what would be different in life the day before they tested everyone to the day after

If you don't test everyone, the numbers don't mean much, If they tested everyone the death rate of positive people would most likely be .00000 something. We never saw people falling dead in the streets like they supposedly had in China from "covid".

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  6. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    Why are the numbers of tests that gets blasted over the media, not showing both positive and negative. It sounds foolish, but there would be more accurate accounting of what is going on.

For example:

Week 1- 1000 people tested 100 are positive
    Week 2- 2000 people tested 150 are positive

You can say there was a 50 percent increase in the number of people testing positive from week 1 to 2, but when you take in to account the amount of people tested, there was a 25 percent decrease.

Then if you factor in, how many of those 100 or 150 show no signs or symptoms what is the point of listing those numbers. Then you take in how many people actually died, and out of those who died, who had other health problems

what numbers actually matter, and what is being shown on tv

If a person gets tested 5 times at different places, do they count all 5 tests in the total accounting or do they count 1 person. If the test happen in different weeks, are they counted to different weekly totals. There are tons of ways to give numers/totals that don't matter or that are not accurate.

If taking the vaccine is so important, why are they not advertising it on every station. The answer is that they are required by law to list the side effects.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    kskboys likes this.
  7. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    Operation Mockingbird

All media is owned by a few companies. Drug companies don't advertise the vaccine because they are required to list the side effects. So, the people at the top send out the call, and you see it advertised side effect free, through news/entertainment/sports and so on.

propaganda

Pukindog likes this.
  8. Hoofbite

38,334 Messages
    8,151 Likes Received
    That's actually not what I said, but whatever. Not having symptoms does not mean you've had it. There's a really shocking possibility that if you don't have symptoms that you don't currently, and have never actually had, COVID. Groundbreaking, I know.

Also, if everyone has been exposed to it, why are people still getting admitted to hospitals for COVID? How does this work? Everyone has been exposed but community spread still exists?

Yes, there are probably errors and faults to some extent. Find me any test or measurement that doesn't have the same flaw. Ever heard of a P value? Ever heard of confidence intervals, or margins of error? There isn't a single study/measurement/test in the history of mankind that has ever avoided the possibility of error. If you know of one, I'm all ears.

So even though there have been approximately 360,000,000 tests performed in 18 months and there have been only 29,000,000 million positive results, if we tested everyone every day the numbers would be greater than the current total each and every day? Like, every day it would be greater than the total number of currently positive results? How is that possible if false positives are actually in-play? How do you even reconcile an argument for false positives while offering up an argument that is inherently against false positives? If false positives exist, more testing means more false positives, and yet you seem to be confident that greater testing would produce greater actual positives? What if all the excess you think exists is just a result of false positives?

And here's the crux of the issue. They don't test everyone and yet the number changes day-to-day. It's as simple as that. Sometimes it goes up, and sometimes it goes down. Whatever margin of error might exist between day-to-day is static. 5% of 100 is 5. 5% of 1000 is 50. The margin of error doesn't change from day-to-day. More positive results means more positive COVID cases because the determining factor when it comes to a test is symptoms or exposure. That's the same as it ever was....this week, last week, last month, or last year.

Who said people in China saw people falling dead in the street? Random social media? China "supposedly" didn't have many deaths. 4,600 reported deaths, which is pretty obviously a lie. So who reported these deaths in China where people fell dead in the streets? Chinese government? Chinese media, which is controlled by Chinese government? Heroes risking their lives against the Chinese government? Find a better hobby than browsing Facebook all day. The US likely didn't have anyone die in the streets with 600,000 COVID deaths, but China did while only having 4,600 reported deaths?

9. Hoofbite

38,334 Messages
    8,151 Likes Received
    And if only you knew that Sinclair owned them all. lol

pancakeman likes this.
  10. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,572 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    "changed the amount of rotations" - Which meme are you referring to?

11. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

10,404 Messages
    8,993 Likes Received
    This has been going on for some time now. I don't watch the MSM at all. Absolutely zero. Haven't for a little over 6 years now.

Streetwise and Pukindog like this.
  12. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

10,404 Messages
    8,993 Likes Received
    I have one for you that I was trying to remember but couldn't bring it to mind. But I eventually remembered.

There was an older couple that bought a new car. They weren't young and this was their first car that did not require a key to start. It was push button. They locked themselves in the car in their garage. They didn't bring their key fob into the car with them and did not think it was possible to get out without it. The doors wouldn't open so they thought they were stuck. I forget how long they were in there before they were rescued, but that doesn't matter. All they had to do was manually flip the lock from inside. But they never thought of that. This is why I believe we now have doors that open from the inside even when they are locked. Even the car I have now. I can open it from the inside even if it's locked.

The insanity of this amazes me. Do you not try to unlock your door manually? You put your camper in cruise control, leave the wheel and make a sandwich? God has to be crying.

Pukindog and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  13. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,641 Messages
    4,721 Likes Received
    And we all suffer sometimes. If you can stand another example, have you tried to buy a 5 gallon gas can lately? Hard to find, and if you do, it has a complicated or hard to use spout that won't dispense gas unless you push the nozzle in, or twist it, or something such. Why is this?

Because some young guy poured gas from an old straight nozzle gas can directly on a roaring fire, and of course the fire raced up the stream and set him on fire. Is that not incredibly stupid? But he sued the gas can manufacturer, and won, so now we deal with "safety" nozzles.

Of course sometimes suits serve a purpose. Can you buy a "3 wheeler"? (Like the ones in the James Bond movie Diamonds are Forever). No. Don't sell them anymore. Why? Because one of my wife's nephews, who was well into early adulthood, was driving one and lost control and ran into a tree, caught his foot between the shifter and the tree, tore his foot all to pieces. Crippled for life. Those products were, as the legal saying goes, unreasonably dangerous. Even used "properly" they were unstable and dangerous. Due to my wife's nephew's suit (he got something over a million) Honda and other manufacturers quit making them.

14. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

10,404 Messages
    8,993 Likes Received
    I actually do have a 5 gallon steel gas container. I actually have several containers before the new stuff came out. So I don't have to deal with that. Even some plastic containers that I know how to deal with for several decades now.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  15. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,641 Messages
    4,721 Likes Received
    Got a couple myself. Plastic so unless I knock a hole in them, should be usable until I die...

16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,904 Messages
    27,663 Likes Received
    There are many reasons why people may not want to get the vaccine but honestly, it's really up to each individual. I, personally, have been vaccinated but it's not for me to say that this person or that person should make the same choice. It's up to each person and that's how it is supposed to work in this Country.

Besides, as one of the other posters pointed out, there are serious flaws in how they count the numbers with this Virus IMO.

At the end of the day, people can decide to get vaccinate or not. This variant is not nearly as deadly as the earlier strain. So while infections may be going up, Deaths and Hospitalizations do not appear to be disproportionately rising. That's actually a good thing because that likely means that natural antibodies are being created at a higher, faster rate.

17. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,381 Messages
    16,513 Likes Received
    If it's so effective, why is it still not approved?

18. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,381 Messages
    16,513 Likes Received
    The gas can safety change is a little more detailed then to just prevent stupid people from killing themselves.

19. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    My point is that the numbers you are following and that policies are being made on, do not mean anything. From whatever angle you look at it.

A pandemic has people falling dead in the streets, and bodies being carried off all around you. Like we were shown in China. You can make up whatever numbers you want with this, and scare people.

360,000,000 million test performed. How many of those tests have you taken? I am sure there is 100,000,000 million people who have never taken a test, maybe 200. I don't know. I have never had one

Besides the memes in the "funny cat thread" on here, I don't look at memes.

20. dsturgeon

1,959 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    "It is a big club and you aint in it"

Alohawg1 likes this.