Twitter: Hotboyz is a Lifestyle

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't recall too many People expressing positive opinions about the name, I doubt the merchandise is flying off the shelves.

Methinks it’s a cultural touchstone of sorts that doesn’t reflect the majority of the fanbase...but that’s probably a politically incorrect speculation...

To quote the great (and HILARIOUS) Steve Harvey...”They wants to win theyselves a whole lotta cash...”

YEP, haven't ya heard the latest beef tank has? YEAH, over on twitter he says we the fans have boxed him into an "athlete" corner. lol....ITS LIKE DUH...DUDE!!! you are a darn athlete!!! lol...so rather than him taking accountability for his shoddy year, he doubles down on stupidity. I am not counting on him being around in dallas much longer. How long do you think MM and Nolan will tolerate him?

I want/hope/expect us to go all in on defense—DT, DE, S, and LB.

Honestly, I kinda understand a players’ contempt for many fans—so fickle and judgemental and NEVER satisfied, but the way they’re compensated more than makes up for it. They can’t all be like Sean Lee, but far too many are closer to Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Methinks it’s a cultural touchstone of sorts that doesn’t reflect the majority of the fanbase...but that’s probably a politically incorrect speculation...

To quote the great (and HILARIOUS) Steve Harvey...”They wants to win theyselves a whole lotta cash...”

I want/hope/expect us to go all in on defense—DT, DE, S, and LB.

Honestly, I kinda understand a players’ contempt for many fans—so fickle and judgemental and NEVER satisfied, but the way they’re compensated more than makes up for it. They can’t all be like Sean Lee, but far too many are closer to Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.
AGREE...I guess I hunger for the days where athletes accept their role that they are handsomely compensated for and show some damn humility, accountability. I dunno...maybe its just me. I have no issue with him selling a gimmick and things. AS LONG AS he can back it up with results on the field. TO ME, he's pandering to the masses and selling snake oil with no substance...no body of work to back it up. A LOT OF TALK AND PROMISES AND VERY LITTLE RESULTS. IMAGINE that, the fans wanting tangible results from a highly talented and paid athlete lol... JUST SAYIN, a little less talk and more action would be nice.

ESisback

Reaction score
AGREE...I guess I hunger for the days where athletes accept their role that they are handsomely compensated for and show some damn humility, accountability. I dunno...maybe its just me. I have no issue with him selling a gimmick and things. AS LONG AS he can back it up with results on the field. TO ME, he's pandering to the masses and selling snake oil with no substance...no body of work to back it up. A LOT OF TALK AND PROMISES AND VERY LITTLE RESULTS. IMAGINE that, the fans wanting tangible results from a highly talented and paid athlete lol... JUST SAYIN, a little less talk and more action would be nice.

It’s not just you! There are tons of us out there, but we’re gradually losing our voice—just a reflection of todays’ society, and how everything of value is getting twisted or shouted down or eliminated altogether.

Sadly, guys like Sean Lee are becoming more rare. I can hear the snark already...”Ok, Boomer...”

JBond

Reaction score
to you, but who cares what you think. they like it. that's all that matters
Looking at their play last year football doesn't matter. More about their ego based self promotion. That is why people care. Bunch of overpaid punks that haven't accomplished a damn thing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Doomsday to return to Dallas. A defense capable of shutting down opponents and even instilling fear at times.

Hotboyz? More flash than substance. Call it what you want but until this team gets serious about defense again they aren't winning anything.

jnday

Reaction score
Maybe I do live the lifestyle, but nobody seems to know what that lifestyle really is! :muttley:
I am kinda worried about that lifestyle. I don’t think you are living the lifestyle because you would definitely know it. Have you developed a sudden love for club music and Lady Gaga?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I want MM to go HotBoyz busting. These silly cliques are ridiculous, especially when they don't net results. One team, one name. They are Dallas Cowboys or nothing.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These guys are as unlikable as it gets. I root for the cowboys and have to turn a blind eye to whose wearing the uniform just to make it palatable.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
This whole situation is corny. I will say this though, even though they played like crap as a unit, Lawrence did clearly start this first. The 9ers players are better and I wish we had them instead, but they’re super lame for copying

Dre11

Reaction score
Looking at their play last year football doesn't matter. More about their ego based self promotion. That is why people care. Bunch of overpaid punks that haven't accomplished a damn thing.

You use such harsh words, for being behind a keyboard...lol but They have every right to promote themselves, and again you're exaggerating and being overly sensitive , if you think their self promoting is more important to them than their play then I call you a fool. And nobody had anything to say when they played last year, using the same Hotboyz title, they put the same energy out last season

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You use such harsh words, for being behind a keyboard...lol but They have every right to promote themselves, and again you're exaggerating and being overly sensitive , if you think their self promoting is more important to them than their play then I call you a fool. And nobody had anything to say when they played last year, using the same Hotboyz title, they put the same energy out last season
No, I'm pretty sure we've all hated the nickname from its inception.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure we've all hated the nickname from its inception.

no they didn't, when they made plays, I see a lot of them holla Hotboyz in gamethreads. seen it plenty, Nobody said a word, when even Sean Lee was trying to be a member.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no they didn't, when they made plays, I see a lot of them holla Hotboyz in gamethreads. seen it plenty, Nobody said a word, when even Sean Lee was trying to be a member.

I'm sure Lee was joking...and the posters who used the term are probably not the same ones who hate the name now. Maybe one or two, but even if so, they have a right to come to their senses. lol

JBond

Reaction score
The hotboyz self‐created title was meet with wide scorn nearly everywhere. The got it partly right. Behaving like boys. Hope they enjoy their scooters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, mediocrity has become a lifestyle in Dallas.
I have a feeling these childish clubs are nearing an end, with McCarthy taking over and Garrett out the door.

We need a Charles Haley type to come here and slap around the idiots that call themselves HotBoyz.

You think Haley would put up with that kind of stupidity? Aikman?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
whats he even mean lol...he is a football player, THAT ought to be his only lifestyle ay this point. ANYTHING else is missing the point. Dude gets paid to get results...and so we could care less about semantics.
I don't care if he does the swipe, when appropriate, or if DLaw wants to be called Tank.
A group of defensive players trying to promote a stupid nickname to gain recognition for something they haven't accomplished is pathetic.

I'm not a fan of self aggrandizing, especially when it's unwarranted. It's one reason I don't like a lot of rap.

Not to mention most of it is nothing but attitude and anger while talking about making money, banging hoes, and shooting people.