How about Suh for a 1 year deal 14 million like he did the rams?

davidariust24

Reaction score
I'd love to see Suh on our defensive line. He commands a double not all the time but alot of the time. He helped the rams stop our running attack. Just think about what he would add to our defense. The way the rams knocked our tackles back in that playoff game wouldn't happen ever with suh. He is one of the most powerful players in the league not just on defense. You put him in front of a Jaylon Smith and LVE and our defense just got so much tougher. Add a Robert Quinn who I'm willing to bet will turn it up under Marinelli and our defense will be better than last season. I'd like to know what people think about adding Suh for a one year deal what do you guys say

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Interesting topic. I'm sure he'd rather a last, long term deal right about now, but I guess you can throw them dolla-dolla bills at him and see what happens.
Only one thing though:
Stevie don't like throwing dolla-dolla bills.
He's the guy in the back of the strip club with a face like he drank lemon juice when a girl approaches.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would do it. Just for the shock and awe value.

But that is very far from our style.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nope. He's a knucklehead that doesn't play his part. No more retreads with low football IQ.
You can not pay a guy like this.

The Rams extended themselves last year to try to buy a SB and he obviously was not an answer.

Too many other mouths to feed right now.

No no no.

Sydla

Reaction score
Would I? Absolutely.

Would Stephen Jones? Hell no. He'll convince himself that a one year deal on Suh will cost us Elliott or Dak.

davidariust24

Reaction score

The Rams extended themselves last year to try to buy a SB and he obviously was not an answer.

No no no.
I just want him to stop the run. We got pushed around in that rams game. Suh never gets pushed around. He may not rush the passer like he once did but he can stop the run. He showed that against us

Sydla

Reaction score
He is still an elite run stopper he just isnt an elite pass rusher. Ok let's say for 10 mill for ONE season?

He's not elite anymore but he would likely be our best run stopper on the interior if you signed him. He'd be a nice pair with Woods and you could still draft a DT or two.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'd love to see Suh on our defensive line. He commands a double not all the time but alot of the time. He helped the rams stop our running attack. Just think about what he would add to our defense. The way the rams knocked our tackles back in that playoff game wouldn't happen ever with suh. He is one of the most powerful players in the league not just on defense. You put him in front of a Jaylon Smith and LVE and our defense just got so much tougher. Add a Robert Quinn who I'm willing to bet will turn it up under Marinelli and our defense will be better than last season. I'd like to know what people think about adding Suh for a one year deal what do you guys say
Sure!
We have 2-3 head cases who are leaving and Sub could help fill the void. $14 mi? Its only mon-ay.

Sydla

Reaction score

No no no.

If he signed a one year deal like he did LA, he'd have no real bearing on being able to sign out other players because obviously a one year contract would have no cap implications beyond this season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's not elite anymore but he would likely be our best run stopper on the interior if you signed him. He'd be a nice pair with Woods and you could still draft a DT or two.

He's not erlite anymore but ...
:rolleyes:
That is what's wrong with the Jones franchise. The strategy is to shower 2-3 with more money than we can afford and fill out the team with has-been and JAGs.