How about Suh for a 1 year deal 14 million like he did the rams?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
,,,Er,,,and well , now,,,
"Ain't that peculiar hoot,hoot, oh,yeah" on multiple levels of angled views in the varying pursued proclivities,,, of feigned fandom as they reason in ponderation, yet,,,as to the precise point of grasping it's reasoned factual possibility ,the true point forever shall remain beyond all to those, except to he himself,whom nudie bar cruises in lemon suck face mode to begin with, is the one to be sought out fer' further understanding as to the WHY of it All,,,ya know? o_O
Sometimes the meaning of life is just staring at you right in the face. With laser lights and pumping music to go with the fog of War as the missiles make for their heat-seeking ways.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are better run stoppers in the league.

If you really want to stop the run then trade for Snacks Harrison.

On the cheaper end Danny Sheldon would improve the Cowboys run defense.

I'd rather go with Sheldon and Peko than Suh. They'd be cheaper combined than Suh, and I think they'd be excellent for our defence. Then, I'd get D'Anthony Walker (OLB Georgia), Ximines (DE Old Dominion), and Tell (S USC) with our first 3 picks.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd rather go with Sheldon and Peko than Suh. They'd be cheaper combined than Suh, and I think they'd be excellent for our defence. Then, I'd get D'Anthony Walker (OLB Georgia), Ximines (DE Old Dominion), and Tell (S USC) with our first 3 picks.
Peko is 34.

Sheldon is 25.

If they sign a 325+ pound DT I'm certain it would only be 1.

I really really would have loved it if they had traded a 4th for Snacks Harrison but the Giants probably would not have traded him to the Cowboys.

If you like DTs that are dominant run defenders go watch some game footage or highlights of Snacks. It is amazing how well he moves for a 350 pound man.

He makes many tackles outside of the "box" and even out at the sidelines. Obviously he is great in the middle of the line. There are only 2 DTs that have over-powered Zack Martin and Frederick (Snacks and Poe).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Peko is 34.

Sheldon is 25.

If they sign a 325+ pound DT I'm certain it would only be 1.

I really really would have loved it if they had traded a 4th for Snacks Harrison but the Giants probably would not have traded him to the Cowboys.

If you like DTs that are dominant run defenders go watch some game footage or highlights of Snacks. It is amazing how well he moves for a 350 pound man.

He makes many tackles outside of the "box" and even out at the sidelines. Obviously he is great in the middle of the line. There are only 2 DTs that have over-powered Zack Martin and Frederick (Snacks and Poe).

Oh, I don't doubt that Snacks is excellent. Like you said though, the Giants probably weren't trading him to us for a 4th. Sheldon would probably be who we go with between the two of the players I mentioned.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I don't doubt that Snacks is excellent. Like you said though, the Giants probably weren't trading him to us for a 4th. Sheldon would probably be who we go with between the two of the players I mentioned.

The Cowboys are unlikely to consider Sheldon because Marinelli has convinced them that smaller DTs are the answer.

Maybe getting run over by the Rams will change their mind but I doubt it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys are unlikely to consider Sheldon because Marinelli has convinced them that smaller DTs are the answer.

Well, in that case, I suppose Timmy Jernigan is an option for us, as daft as Marinelli's opinion of 1 techs is. Especially with how well Woods played.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No. Not for that price. Draft is deep on the DL.

He has ties to Marinelli and Collins. But we need to sign Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke and Dak going forward.

kskboys

Reaction score

I'm still not sure it's Marinelli. We have insisted on this way back to the Ratliff days, and then people claimed it was Wade. And I don't remember Rob acquiring any big dudes.

Looking at evidence, I'd have to conclude that it's Jerry.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we play Suh at the wrong positions as the Rams did, he'll be just as ineffective. You can't just put a player where you want, you need to figure out where he's the most effective. Suh is a 3 tech, and does not possess the build for the 1 tech.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sometimes the meaning of life is just staring at you right in the face. With laser lights and pumping music to go with the fog of War as the missiles make for their heat-seeking ways.
I' m totally hip to the groove of yer' angled objective of understanding,there Hipster Daddy-o with matching handgrenades ensemble,,,:thumbup:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t think it’s the size as much as the quickness and the ability to penetrate and get into the backfield. If he could find a 350 pound guy with Aaron Donald quickness he would probably have to change his shorts

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think it’s the size as much as the quickness and the ability to penetrate and get into the backfield. If he could find a 350 pound guy with Aaron Donald quickness he would probably have to change his shorts

I have wondered if he would be interested in one of the 330+ guys that have great quickness.

Sydla

Reaction score

Why would you want an OLB with our first pick in the draft?

Sydla

Reaction score
No. Not for that price. Draft is deep on the DL.

He has ties to Marinelli and Collins. But we need to sign Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke and Dak going forward.

Signing Suh (or frankly anyone) on a one year deal doesn't preclude you from signing Lawrence and Cooper and Zeke and Dak going forward.

Sydla

Reaction score
How about NO. Use the money and sign our own major players.

I simply never get these answers.

Someone suggests signing a vet on a one year deal and people start saying we can't do it, we have to sign our own guys.

Signing a guy to a one year deal wouldn't really hinder our ability to sign our guys if we want to. Shoot, signing Lawrence and Cooper would likely increase our cap space this year.