Twitter: How Amari Cooper trade hurt the Raiders - 3 years

Creeper

Reaction score
When this deal went down I thought we paid too much. Now in hindsight, Jerry did well with this deal.

Getting Cooper and Jerry promoting Moore to OC has upgraded this offense immensely.

Why? What have the Cowboys won since they obtained Amari Cooper?

Creeper

Reaction score
Some people don't seem to get the idea that a team cannot have high paid players at every position. In 2022 the Cowboys are going to have to make some tough decisions. Sure, I would love to keep Cooper and Gallup and CeeDee and Wilson but 2 of those guys are free agents and there are a bunch of other free agents as well. Every time Dallas overpays a guy it makes retaining someone else that much harder. Cooper throughout his career has disappeared in half his games. That's a fact anyone can look up. This year he has 1 100 yard game and 5 games under 70 yards. In 2 games he is under 30 yards. I will not dispute his route running ability but for $20 million he is not producing as much as we should expect. Maybe if Zeke didn't cost $15 million, Lawrence $21 million, and Dak $40 million it would not be so bad to keep Cooper, but we will see in the next 2 years a few of these guys will have to go and one is not going to be Dak.

Maybe trading Cooper hurts the offense a little, assuming they don't draft another guy who can play, but maybe dumping his salary helps them retain other talent to make the team better.