How are the Cowboys not a top 10 offense?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I shouldn't' have to argue that stats don't tell the whole story or what I meant by looking at stats only Stafford would be considered one of the best........but I stooped low enough to have to do it. A low point on my site I agree.

Then it's clear you still don't get it. Thanks for clearing that up.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
He played in the other games. The lack of a receiving corp was on full display the first half of the season. There was limited production and it was primarily due to 1)predictable scheme and 2) lack of talent to win battles.

This group of targets isn’t close to what the Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Falcons, or Patriots rolled out last year. It was close to the Saints except kamara is a more dynamic receiver.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Jordan Howard has declined every year in the league and has turned into an average 2 down back with some goalline capabilities.

2016 YPC: 5.2 YPG: 87.5
2017 YPC: 4.1 YPG: 70.1
2018 YPC: 3.7. YPG: 58.4

He’ll be a free agent this offseason, book it.

Howard is going to run for 1200 plus yards this season behind that Eagles O-Line that you can book

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He played in the other games. The lack of a receiving corp was on full display the first half of the season. There was limited production and it was primarily due to 1)predictable scheme and 2) lack of talent to win battles.

This group of targets isn’t close to what the Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Falcons, or Patriots rolled out last year. It was close to the Saints except kamara is a more dynamic receiver.

Who is this in response to?

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
per nfl.com the cowboys don’t have a top 10 offense despite having a top rb, top tier wr, top tier oline and top 10 qb...boggles the mind

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...10-offenses-saints-colts-eagles-best-of-bunch

Cowboys defense carried them in 2018. They ranked 6th in points allowed @ 20.2 points/game. They didn’t come close on offense. Boys ranked 22nd @ scoring 22.1 points/game. Giants, Texans, and Bucs scored more per game.

I do think they can be a top 10 offense if Moore is all that and a bag of chips and Fredbeard being healthy. If our defense had ranked average, they wouldn’t have won as many games last year. To average 26 points per game, they would have had to score another 77 points. That would’ve made them a top 10 offense.

I agree with you that it is nuts considering the talent. Especially since They ranked top 5 in TOP. Hopefully we’ll see more shots downfield this upcoming season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think it's that so much as finding a better QB is extremely difficult, so they're going w/ what they have.

The good thing is that w/ Stephen, we at least seem to be more concerned w/ adding the right players to try and make Dak successful. As opposed to adding a great slant runner (RW) when your QB's weaking throw is the slant(Romo). That was simply dumber'n dirt. Dumping Dez and adding Coop and Gallup was a great first step. And now we have the prolific pass catching RB(And possibly slot WR) what we've been needing in Pollard, and the OLine should be better.

Most of my buds agree. We simply don't know what Dak will be at this point. He's definitely been hindered by this O, and by his lack of development. We have been very poor in general at developing players up to this point. Extreme evidence was this preseason when Dak hardly played at all. Dak still needs development, and acting as if he was an established vet in preseason cost us dearly. Very poor decision by this FO.
I understand . But it’s s difficult for me to have as much faith this FO can have any more success surrounding Dak than we did Romo. Daks skill set just makes it tougher on them IMO. We shall see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys defense carried them in 2018. They ranked 6th in points allowed @ 20.2 points/game. They didn’t come close on offense. Boys ranked 22nd @ scoring 22.1 points/game. Giants, Texans, and Bucs scored more per game.

I do think they can be a top 10 offense if Moore is all that and a bag of chips and Fredbeard being healthy. If our defense had ranked average, they wouldn’t have won as many games last year. To average 26 points per game, they would have had to score another 77 points. That would’ve made them a top 10 offense.

I agree with you that it is nuts considering the talent. Especially since They ranked top 5 in TOP. Hopefully we’ll see more shots downfield this upcoming season.
Good info! And facts without spinning a narrative.

TOP was probably a result by leading rusher. How bad is this offense without Elliott and a 4th ranked rushing offense?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
per nfl.com the cowboys don’t have a top 10 offense despite having a top rb, top tier wr, top tier oline and top 10 qb...boggles the mind

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...10-offenses-saints-colts-eagles-best-of-bunch
It was a plodding offense that was meant to be slow and methodical, taking the Time Of Possession from the other team, thus keeping their own D and the opposition's offense off the field.
That's not going to generate lots of yards, or points.

Now we'll get to see if that offensive philosophy changes under Moore.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tenor.gif

Corso

Reaction score
Essentially, yes. He's been wanting his team to walk down the field as slow, but efficiently as possible, instead of sprinting.
I wonder how much Moore is going to be able to open things up if they maintain their plodding philosophy?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To anyone who is upset at the ranking, just relax.

Dallas is not a score at will team. We don't have the QB nor the offensive design.

Put it to you this way, a team with a first year OC does not earn a right to be considered as a part of the top ten.

Corso

Reaction score
To anyone who is upset at the ranking, just relax.

Dallas is not a score at will team. We don't have the QB nor the offensive design.

Put it to you this way, a team with a first year OC does not earn a right to be considered as a part of the top ten.
Like anyone can get this board to relax...