How are the Cowboys not a top 10 offense?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Who cares if you are a top anything? The only thing that matters is how many points you put up and how few points you allow. If you can do both those consistently then you are going to win.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ok. But other teams have improved over the offseason too. Our guys are going to have to show it on the field before anyone starts ranking them in the top third of the league offensively.

Or outside of the top third.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems to me this is a message sent by one individual who is merely stating his opinion. It might easily be either correct or haphazardly mistaken. I'm inclined to take it with a grain of salt, like many other offerings that simply serve to express one man's opinion at this time of year. Nobody knows what to expect right now, especially with so many unpredictable things to envision. The NFL is a business that's compelling, largely due to its unpredictability. Hell, I welcome the entertainment infinitely more than I do the handwringing! ;)

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
This thread is a clear window into the world of fan homerism. There is really no reason, at this point, to think the Cowboys are getting slighted here.

Even if you just look at points per game (including the playoffs) with Cooper, it would average out to 22.3 points per game which would only move them up a few spots in the points per game rankings.

Now add in an OC that has been coaching for one year and how in the world can people expect outsiders to think this offense is ready to just starting plowing people?

All on a case by case basis. It's not like this OC hasn't been in the theory realm of the NFL offensive concepts, for a first year now...

kskboys

Reaction score
Who cares if you are a top anything? The only thing that matters is how many points you put up and how few points you allow. If you can do both those consistently then you are going to win.
Yeah, that's what ATL thought!!!!!

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Essentially, yes. He's been wanting his team to walk down the field as slow, but efficiently as possible, instead of sprinting.
I wonder how much Moore is going to be able to open things up if they maintain their plodding philosophy?
That’s the question. I have no idea, like anyone else, how much of a genius Moore is (and many in the “inside” say he’s very “gifted”). With this seeming to be, FINALLY, Garrett’s true “prove it” year, I just don’t believe that Jason will put his career in the hands of a rookie OC... despite what Jerry says. Look forward to much of the same predictable, low-flash offense, with Jason doing damage control by throwing coaches/players under the bus.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are not a top 5 offense because of scheme and overall team chemistry. Remember, we traded for Cooper midway in 2018 after starting slow. Are we putting all the hours in on offense to be great? I sometimes wonder if some of the young bucks are taking shortcuts and not fully buyin into the coaching staff. The culture around here has been an issue for many years. Only way that changes is a mental mindset.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
per nfl.com the cowboys don’t have a top 10 offense despite having a top rb, top tier wr, top tier oline and top 10 qb...boggles the mind

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...10-offenses-saints-colts-eagles-best-of-bunch

i

Wizarus

Reaction score
Its clear to anyone who watched the 2018 season that we are not a top 10 offense. Even with Cooper we struggled greatly in redzone territory and 3rd down conversions. New OC may solve some things, but it still has to be proven that we solved the problem.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m hoping Kellen Moore will not only open things up with some creativity, but especially hoping it happens early. Because if the offense struggles early in the season, I could see Garrett pulling back the reins and moving back to the low risk, vanilla offense that Garrett seems to gravitate toward. The old Garrett style of play not to lose instead of playing to win.

Too many opposing defensive players have said this offense was one of the easier teams to prepare for the last two seasons. I’m hopeful that Kellen Moore will have some fun rolling out some new looks and wrinkles to make this team a little less predictable.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Old news...but worth reiteratting...His red zone offense was the worst in the NFL...and his final undoing.
He just refused to run the football inside the 10 yard line. If you got the best O-line in football like everyone says you have...you better have some conviction about running the football. Linehan didn't. Next man up.
usatsi_11264474_168382939_lowres.jpg