How bad can a QB be

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
More accurately the Cowboys dragged Quincy Carter to the playoffs

Just like they are doing with Dak

To be clear Dak is better than Carter

But they were/are both along for the ride more than anything

Dak is riding with a 70% completion rate with Cooper in . Great ride.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak is riding with a 70% completion rate with Cooper in . Great ride.

Sure

Many of those throw late, low, behind

Cooper's just that good

He is absolutely the biggest impact player on this team this year, including LVE

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sure

Cooper's just that good

He is absolutely the biggest impact player on this team this year, including LVE

Not many. He had around 4 of those vs the Eagles. 54 attempts, with 42 catches.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At some point in Dak's long and successful career, you are going to come to realize that that's just who Dak is. He has a few warts that give him character, but he's still going home with the girl at the end of the night... meaning win.

Five times this year he went home alone.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Five times this year he went home alone.
Oh damn, did you just advocate for nothing but perfection is acceptable. Since he has been a starting QB, Dak has gone home with the girl more times than any QB not married to Gisele Bündchenin... but that's not good enough? Going home with the girl(winning) is really all that matters and by your standard, only Brady is acceptable.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh damn, did you just advocate for nothing but perfection is acceptable. Since he has been a starting QB, Dak has gone home with the girl more times than any QB not married to Gisele Bündchenin... but that's not good enough? Going home with the girl(winning) is really all that matters and by your standard, only Brady is acceptable.

Hey partner, I am abiding by your standards.
You set the rules.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Quincy Carter took Dallas to the playoffs.

More accurately the Cowboys dragged Quincy Carter to the playoffs

Just like they are doing with Dak

To be clear Dak is better than Carter

But they were/are both along for the ride more than anything

Quincy Carter's 2003 numbers: 57.8% completions, 17 TDs, 21 INTs, yards per game 206, passer rating 71.4

Dak thru 13 games: 68.2 % completions, 17 TDs, 7 INTs, yards per game 241, passer rating 96.7

I love a well-thought analogy. Perhaps you guys should try producing one instead of flying by the seat of your pants. :rolleyes:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I ripped Dak to shreds for 3 quarters, but man he was magical in the 4th and OT. If he can cleanup some stuff missing open guys, reads, mechanics and pocket presence we just might have something here. You just can’t ignore the 4th quarter and OT, you just can’t. This is coming from someone who hated the pick, and who has been a hard critic.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What a stupid thread
agree, Ive been a Dak detractor but I still agree with you
He was more accurate in this game than he has been all year
and even if he wasnt, there are so many other threads to pile on in, why do we need 5 new ones every day

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Sure

Cooper's just that good

Dak has not been hitting wr's in stride all year but he was against the Eagles and I dont just mean Cooper.
He fumbled, yes.
He had his one missed bomb per game quota, sure.
Bad in the red zone, still yes.
But I didnt see as much low or behind this past game as usual, he was much better. If Dak gets any better he can be all pro.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He needs to bleepin stop fumbling. He usually doesn’t throw picks but that one that led to the first Philly TD was ugly.

I’m conflicted. I like that we’re winning but I don’t wanna be stuck with this guy long term.

Agree. He almost lost the game. Those turnovers and the missed TD throws in the red zone are killers.

We need a vet QB to push Dak.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Quincy Carter's 2003 numbers: 57.8% completions, 17 TDs, 21 INTs, yards per game 206, passer rating 71.4

Dak thru 13 games: 68.2 % completions, 17 TDs, 7 INTs, yards per game 241, passer rating 96.7

I love a well-thought analogy. Perhaps you guys should try producing one instead of flying by the seat of your pants. :rolleyes:

Just curious was Quincy Carter the league leader in fumbles that year?

Blackrain

Reaction score
.... 3 tds over 200 yds by our wr.

100 yds rushing by our rb.

Great defensive effort.

Still this guy knows how to take it to overtime.

I am so fed up.
Then go follow another team . This win shows more about our QBs mental toughness and resilience than a blow out . All young QBs have struggles and tough games its how they finish that tell the tale of what kind of leader you have

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Played well in the 4th and on. That’s when it counted and when it mattered.
that's the thing with that....he is a ugly and pretty at the same time....he was awful for three quarters and gets all of us cussing at the TV, but in the 4th the light bulb goes on.... it makes for good entertainment, but I like to have a few more of the Jaguars games and put the teams away when we have the opportunity...the killer instinct.....right now we have a survivors instinct.

morasp

Reaction score
We need to get a cleaner pocket. There were only two starting offensive lineman in the game and Tyron didn't look 100%. On one short jump pass to Zeke Dak got hit in the stomach as he threw it.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-of-amore-amari-wolves-titles

· One More Coooop: There is a lot of criticism from outside these walls over Dak Prescott’s ability to accurately throw the football, and especially on deep balls. Well, the Week 14 NFL stats reveal Dak’s completion percentage of 68.2 ranks ninth in the NFL after 13 games this year, ahead of the likes of Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford and Russell Wilson. And that produces those, yeah, buts … he can’t throw a deep ball. So when Amari was asked what he liked about Dak after six games, he piped up to say, “I like the deep ball he throws. Puts it out there and lets me run underneath it.” Hmmm, imagine that.

Last edited: