How Badly will Coop be double covered without Bease?

cern

Reaction score
You are a stone cold fool. You believe in one guy who is third string and one who looked decent in preseason one year and terrible the next. Yeah, that’s about on course for you.
Did it ever occur to you he might be joking? That was my first thought.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, How bad do you think it will be for Coop and being double covered next season, now that Bease is gone? Coop helped turn around last season from 3-5, but if teams can take him away, will we have enough other weapons? Who will Dak throw it to?
I think he is going to get doubled a LOT!!! Even though they brought Witten back he is not going to require double teams. Got to hope Austin can stay healthy and can become a consistent threat to pull a little attention off Coop.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Witten should be very healthy after a year off. I think he'll produce results.

I think so too. I also think we can find value in mid to late rounds at slot receiver too whereas all you're getting past the 4th round as far as defense goes is probably depth (obviously that's not 100% true there are great players late in the draft I'm just talking value wise). I like the idea of Witten being the check down option I just don't love the idea of Hurns being the check down option.

Mr_437

Reaction score
For one, can't double with 8 in the box...thanks Zeke.

Double Amari and Gallup will eat. If Dak can put the pass on him #13 will produce good numbers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Prediction: Cole Beasley will be the first person to ever go broke by defending themselves on social media

robertfchew

Reaction score
Dak not overthrowing Gallup or gallup slowing up whatever it was needs to stop.

ESisback

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, How bad do you think it will be for Coop and being double covered next season, now that Bease is gone? Coop helped turn around last season from 3-5, but if teams can take him away, will we have enough other weapons? Who will Dak throw it to?

Gallup, Zeke, Witten, Wilson, Hurns, probably a FA vet and/or draft pick, Swaim...

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Playoff careers

Beasley
5 games
187 yards
0 touchdowns
8.9 yards per catch

Gallup
2 games
137 yards
1 TD
17.3 yards per catch
You'll like this, as I doubt you'd have a problem with the 6-game sample.

Gallup's Catch rate
Target 10-19 yards
Weeks 1-12
21% (3 of 14)
Weeks 13-18
67% (10 of 15)

cowboyec

Reaction score
go ahead and try it.
Gallup will get'm.
or Cedrick Wilson will.
and don't bother with ol'man Witt inside the red-zone.

I liked #11....helluva catch he made vs nyg....
but.
with Coop,Gallup,Wilson,Noah Brown and maybe Tavon Austin plus if we draft someone...
I think we'll be ohhh right.

Verdict

Reaction score
I react classy to posters who are classy to others. He’s a prick to everyone on this site so I’ll treat him the same. Any questions?

This site has lots of different posters with lots of different opinions. That's what makes it fun and lively. Spirited debate is good. Buts let's all be civil.