How Big is Cowboys game tonight?

Verdict

Reaction score
One interesting note. We all know Jason Garrett coached the scramble out of Tony Romo. The times he was injured were not during scrambles but by remaining back and holding the ball instead of taking off. JG is doing the same thing to Dak. This is all on Garrett. I am sick of this dude. He's overstayed his welcome by 6 years.

As for the game, I think it's a must-win or season over.
No. The season would not be anywhere near over. But the outlook after a week two loss would make the week one attitude here look like romper room.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Lifelong Cowboy's fan here and for the first time ever, when looking at the entire picture and future of things? I hope we lose and lose so bad, so we can move closer to cleaning house. It's inevitable, and best case scenario we go 5-11 this year, so why not rip the bandaid off and get it under way.

catiii

Reaction score
No. The season would not be anywhere near over. But the outlook after a week two loss would make the week one attitude here look like romper room.
You're right. We'd have a long season remaining of 7-7 at best down the stretch (LOL) which technically means it's not over, even with a final record of 7-9/
Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. Any chance of making the play-offs for this team with this coach would be over after a 0-2 start... Way way over.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Its only the second game of the season. How big could it be?

In the overall scheme of things it might not be big at all. Historically Cowboys of course first team to begin 0-2 and go on to win Super Bowl but they were the defending champs.

This is a young team trying to find their way. An offense trying to re-establish themselves setting a futility mark in Cowboys history for most scoring games under 10 points in a stretch .

How does the season look at 0-2?
The mountain to climb just gets bigger.

This is as close as it gets to a must win early in the season with a very tough schedule ahead.

Hopefully we can rebound and put to rest all of the negative drama that will be attached with the prospect of 0-3.

Not big at all, since after last weeks game, my expectations have been lowered for the season. And you have two teams that stink playing, hardly worth the prime time game spot. If we win, since it is against a bad team, it tells us nothing. If we lose, it makes it very unlikely that the cowboys accomplish much this season, since the giants suck.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
That's incorrect, I assume you're referring to the BtB article. They wrote yards per carry once, but they meant yards per completion. His yards per carry don't correlate. He ran for 8 yards per carry vs the Broncos last season, I don't think anyone wants to see that again.

Ok ok.... that makes more sense. I suppose if he ran for seven that would accomplish the same thing. Maybe a combination, a few more runs for 7 plus yards and a few more passes for seven plus yards. What do I know I'm just a fan lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I meant on the slide, I think they've had many discussions about how to protect himself and keep his job. There might be many jobs riding on his health.

Oh lol. You took me seriously? I've since been corrected and it's yards/throw over 7 not yards per carry over seven. So Dako can start his slide after 2 yards

giphy.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lifelong Cowboy's fan here and for the first time ever, when looking at the entire picture and future of things? I hope we lose and lose so bad, so we can move closer to cleaning house. It's inevitable, and best case scenario we go 5-11 this year, so why not rip the bandaid off and get it under way.
I understand that feeling but not tonight. I've got too much history with the team, particularly with division games, I cannot pull to lose to the Giants. I did not want to lose to PHL in that last needless game of 2016.

That said, I do think the Cowboys lose this game tonight because there are too many new pieces and what was once THE strength of the team, that OL, has become very ordinary.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the beginning of the season, people were talking about us competing with the Eagles. Right now, unless the Cowboys improve drastically, that doesn't seem so realistic anymore.
However, it is just one game and looked like more of an extension of the preseason. They are not without talent, they just need to have their strategy work because when it gets tactical, that's when they're not good.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
However, it is just one game and looked like more of an extension of the preseason. They are not without talent, they just need to have their strategy work because when it gets tactical, that's when they're not good.

During the offseason, I liked it when I heard that Dak was working on his deep game, but then he wasn't able to throw it deep in any of the preseason games. So, yes, in a way, it is an extension of the preseason.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Pretty darn big. They have to play much better football win or lose,to bring back some positive flow. To me it’s not even about wins anymore,just looking like a competent team on the field. Clean up the penalties,don’t miss FGs,call better games,don’t miss tackles,don’t give up 6 sacks,don’t throw late passes,get Austin involved,and for crying out loud run the darn ball to Zeke more often.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Really just a big game for dak. This is his season to prove hes legit. Not much expected from the team this season as a whole except to show growth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not big at all, since after last weeks game, my expectations have been lowered for the season. And you have two teams that stink playing, hardly worth the prime time game spot. If we win, since it is against a bad team, it tells us nothing. If we lose, it makes it very unlikely that the cowboys accomplish much this season, since the giants suck.
Your right. A loss going 0-2 isn’t a big deal unless you had aspirations to contend for the playoffs.

Last edited: