How bout Tony Romo for Defensive coordinator

Xeven

Reaction score
He always knows what they are about to do. He is the defense whisperer. Kellen OC and Tony DC. WIN?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
5940a4733236df39ec815a65-large.jpg

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With good assistants to put the game plan in every week....I think Romo would know how to attack an offense for sure, it probably wouldn't happen of course, but based off of how he can study film and his understanding of the game....Absolutley he could bring a good defensive game plan each week. He would need good assistants to implement it to the players every week though.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Risen for GM, Walker for DC, Roycie for OC, Furboy for STC and Rock for Cheerleader sponsor.
Championship!!!

I'm appointing myself as Director of Player Personnel. Stephen can go find a job.:muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He always knows what they are about to do. He is the defense whisperer. Kellen OC and Tony DC. WIN?
How about we first give our new DC a chance? Tony is doing his dream job right now. I doubt he wants to work coach's hours.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Romo makes $18-20M per year as an announcer. I’ll let you figure out the rest.

Yep. Plus the job is stress free, gets to be around the game to feel connected and a ton of free time to spend with family and friends.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Hey, Tony! You want to give up a long term gig for $20 million per year for sitting on your butt and talking about games to be an assistant coach? Yea, grossly long hours and a fraction of what you're making now. No, no, not offensive coordinator. No, no, not quarterback coach. We want you to coach the defense!

Say what? Ok, but I don't think that our offer could possibly fit up there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen for GM, Walker for DC, Roycie for OC, Furboy for STC and Rock for Cheerleader sponsor.
Championship!!!

Will you be the team chef?
Then the players will say, hey...what's on the menu today? :muttley:

They all know they will be eating very well.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Romo makes too much money to even consider it. Now, Witten, on the other hand, has a future in coaching. Either at the college or pro level.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Big difference between knowing what an offense will do and coaching players to defend it.

You can tell it's the off-season, or as Mel Gibson said about Christmas, it's "the silly season"....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hey, Tony! You want to give up a long term gig for $20 million per year for sitting on your butt and talking about games to be an assistant coach? Yea, grossly long hours and a fraction of what you're making now. No, no, not offensive coordinator. No, no, not quarterback coach. We want you to coach the defense!

Say what? Ok, but I don't think that our offer could possibly fit up there.
Shallow waters involved in this one for sure
:lmao:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't get it. Why would Romo be a good defensive coordinator when he never played defense and has never coached?

Tom Landry was a defensive player and a defensive coach before taking on the job of Cowboys HC. I think he showed a lot of innovation on offense knowing 1st hand about defense and what you need to be able to do to effectively attack a defense.