How can anyone still defend what we had coaching wise after this offseason?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Jerrah has always held the keys, he’s getting closer to the ground and wants to win? There’s zero proof Garrett was making personnel decisions and there’s zero proof McCarthy has anything to do with this. Maybe they want to give their new shiny toy HC no excuses.

I honestly don’t think MM is back there making draft picks and off seasons acquisitions a la BB. No way. He may have some input but that still doesn’t mean that’s what JJ will do. The interior D line has been a mess for years and we just lost our sack leader so we replaced him.

Did JG get credit for bringing in Quinn last year? Nope. There’s no reason to believe this is anything different.
Debbie Downer.....Wah, Wah, Wahhhhhh....lol!!
Zeke will get Jerrah his ring!

blueblood70

Reaction score
In all honesty. Not even a year into the McCarthy era and we have revamped our entire DL, had our best draft in years, have brought in a great staff who are all excellent at what they do, and Jerry has been very quiet. How can anyone defend what has been going on under the prior regime? I’m honestly asking.
actually you cant blame Garett the same owner, GM, and Player Personnel department. Its the opposite id say give garett this defense and CEEDEE etc etc he would be 13-3 again as he has in the past..think about that hows it fair we neglected defense for years and ow garett leaves and Jerry give MM a better defense and better ST/Kicker? it is the GM and President of player personell and the owner that buy the grocery's in Dallas.. you my friend are not seeing this for what it is..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fat Mikey will need immediate success or the meddling and interference will increase.

Most feel this team is poised for success now and why a change was made. This isn’t a rebuilding project.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
In all honesty. Not even a year into the McCarthy era and we have revamped our entire DL, had our best draft in years, have brought in a great staff who are all excellent at what they do, and Jerry has been very quiet. How can anyone defend what has been going on under the prior regime? I’m honestly asking.
Imagine crediting McCarthy for signings or draft quality after following his tenure in GB. Either he's done a 180 in ability to draft and sign talent or he's not involved in the process.

Also imagine forgetting that under Garrett we drafted extremely well for a half decade.

Just imagine. Couldn't be me.

BigD_95

Reaction score
The fact we have brought in a more experienced and proven HC allowing him to bring in his own staff with the exception of Moore should provide some renewed hope.

It shouldn’t be a slam on Garrett who hands were mostly tied and why I labeled him our Greatest Puppet. It is what it was.

Unfortunately the Football Idiot and his Cheapskate Son are still running Cowboys Football continuing to offer up their meddling and distractions while still being the biggest obstacles and handicaps to overcome . Much like Parcells encountered the last time we hired a proven HC which should leave us all cautiously excited.

All we have to ask is what could wrong? Lol

Watching yesterday’s training camp press conference offered me all I need to know with both Jones in why this franchise has struggled regardless who our coaches were this era.

"Football Idiot and his Cheapskate Son " really? First his son isn't a cheapskate. Cowboys were in Cap trouble (how quickly we forget) when he took over and he changed that. It took awhile cause of a lot of bad deals but he did get us through that. So him not over sending in free agency is not cheap its smart football management sense. At least its a different approach. Keep your draft picks, draft well, and resign your own players. Spend wisely in free agency. I like this approach. But calling him cheap with the amount of money he offered Dak and handed Lawrence, Zeke, Cooper is crazy talk.

I think Stephen has done a pretty good job. I dont always agree but overall he built a pretty darn good team. The coaching just needed fix

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine crediting McCarthy for signings or draft quality after following his tenure in GB. Either he's done a 180 in ability to draft and sign talent or he's not involved in the process.

Also imagine forgetting that under Garrett we drafted extremely well for a half decade.

Just imagine. Couldn't be me.
Well, we drafted well on offense.

Defense had many bust , risk and question marks which prevented our franchise from more success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Football Idiot and his Cheapskate Son " really? First his son isn't a cheapskate. Cowboys were in Cap trouble (how quickly we forget) when he took over and he changed that. It took awhile cause of a lot of bad deals but he did get us through that. So him not over sending in free agency is not cheap its smart football management sense. At least its a different approach. Keep your draft picks, draft well, and resign your own players. Spend wisely in free agency. I like this approach. But calling him cheap with the amount of money he offered Dak and handed Lawrence, Zeke, Cooper is crazy talk.

I think Stephen has done a pretty good job. I dont always agree but overall he built a pretty darn good team. The coaching just needed fix
When the results on the field come in then I might applaud.

You've offered up a few occasions where we haven’t gotten cheap but I can offer up a few where he has Like Dak so far, Dez and Murray. Might throw in Jones.

There’s others we have released which could be questioned. Bottomline if it doesn’t bring more success, who cares. I’d rather be in Cap hell playing for championships.

And I’m not sure paying Cooper and Elliott were the smart moves if you don’t pay Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
jerry won't stay quiet for long.....Jerry is smart marketing man. he knew the debacle that was garrett specially the last year. jerry knew he had to stay quiet to avoid all the blame placing. but jerry will jump forward when things start to go well and wants the spot light and credit. somehow he will mess this one up too.

aria

Reaction score
Debbie Downer.....Wah, Wah, Wahhhhhh....lol!!
Zeke will get Jerrah his ring!
Reality buddy, I think even you know this Ranch and are clearly bored so you’re trolling an easy target using zeke bait. I’m not biting!

yet at least :p

Diehardblues

Reaction score
jerry won't stay quiet for long.....Jerry is smart marketing man. he knew the debacle that was garrett specially the last year. jerry knew he had to stay quiet to avoid all the blame placing. but jerry will jump forward when things start to go well and wants the spot light and credit. somehow he will mess this one up too.
There’s fans who follow Jerry’s eternal optimistic view until it crashes. Then they look for excuses and scapegoats .

And call those of us who critique and call out these concerns along the way as haters or trolls because it’s their only lazy rebuttal attempting to discredit the messenger cause they don’t like message.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sight unseen, game not yet played, I will take this coaching staff over the previous one. But I do not give them credit for the draft or player acquisition and that draft in the 1st round was luck. We'll see how that plays out.

It was time for a change. Ten years with nothing more to show than what that staff could do deserves replacement and if not for family, they wouldn't have lasted that long.

I am looking forward to seeing some new faces on the sideline and on the DL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many people are defending what happened under the old regime?

That said, we had some very good drafts back then (2016 for example), and it's still McClay and his group doing the scouting, and Jerry and Stephen are still part of the decision making, so I can't give all the credit to new coaches with that. And, while Jerry has been a bit quieter than in a lot of years, Stephen hasn't and that's really a trend we have been seeing for a few years now.

Ultimately though, while I'm happy to be rid of Garrett and his group, and while I'm excited about the new coaches and the draft and some other moves, I'm not ready to proclaim the new group a success yet. I think they will be, but that has to be decided on the field.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McC should fear early success more than struggles because that's when Booger needs some camera love.

However, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the type coach he hired, a vet. If he'd hired Meyer or Riley, he would be more involved because he's got to help them make the transition the way he did Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.

This situation is dynamic and will remain so pretty much through this season. How much team control Booger is willing to give up remains to be seen and I am 100% certain one of the questions posed in that 12 hour interview was how does McC feel about management in team meetings. He might have gotten some of that in GB but nothing like he's going to get in Dallas. McC's job is to keep all eyes on him and not glancing at the Joneses to gauge their reaction.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Offseason , the Draft and Training Camp is always a time for renewed hope. Reality doesn’t begin until after Labor Day.

But if there was ever a season for uncertainty and what lies ahead 2020 would be it. We aren’t even certain the season will begin on time or if we’ll get thru it. And what players or coaches could be lost due to infections.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
McC should fear early success more than struggles because that's when Booger needs some camera love.

However, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the type coach he hired, a vet. If he'd hired Meyer or Riley, he would be more involved because he's got to help them make the transition the way he did Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.

This situation is dynamic and will remain so pretty much through this season. How much team control Booger is willing to give up remains to be seen and I am 100% certain one of the questions posed in that 12 hour interview was how does McC feel about management in team meetings. He might have gotten some of that in GB but nothing like he's going to get in Dallas. McC's job is to keep all eyes on him and not glancing at the Joneses to gauge their reaction.
Yesterday’s press conference was another example who all the eyes were on. And who’s leading and running this franchise unfortunately.

I know you hate to watch but it was very painful. It’s obvious what our ownerships priorities are as all he talked about was our popularity and why this coaching decision was made.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yesterday’s press conference was another example who all the eyes were on. And who’s leading and running this franchise unfortunately.

I know you hate to watch but it was very painful. It’s obvious what our ownerships priorities are as all he talked about was our popularity and why this coaching decision was made.

Excellent post.
A press conference with no breaking news announcement that it's face and mouthpiece is or will be stepping down any time soon.

All the self talk times are changing comments are only denying this simple truth. Everything, and I mean everything else is just window dressing.

Hope is the only remaining factor. And it's gotten the team nowhere for decades.

Nothing has changed but the dates on the calendar.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no doubt but what things are on the upswing this year -- good staff, better talent.
If our good fortune holds up, perhaps we can have a season we'll all be proud of.:thumbup:

We've improved our offense and defense well enough to ensure a winning year in 2020!

Last edited: