How can anyone still defend what we had coaching wise after this offseason?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all honesty. Not even a year into the McCarthy era and we have revamped our entire DL, had our best draft in years, have brought in a great staff who are all excellent at what they do, and Jerry has been very quiet. How can anyone defend what has been going on under the prior regime? I’m honestly asking.
You need "Likes" I guess cause no one here is defending the prior coaching staff.....

75boyz

Reaction score
Nonsense, they lost Collins and Bennett, what did you think they would do? That’s been an area of weakness for a long time. Was JG responsible for bringing in Quinn? Do you think JG wanted to keep Maher even though by missing all those FG’s Garrett also knew he was contributing to him losing his job?

Just look at almost every other comment in this thread, almost no one thinks Garrett or McCarthy is calling the personnel shots and there’s zero evidence they ever have.

What’s the next thing you’re gonna tell me, that they would have skipped over Lamb if Garrett was here or was that all McCarthy too? :rolleyes:

Good points, nice post.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I didn’t say we didn’t draft well for a half decade. I see you still like putting words in people’s mouths.
So then maybe its stupid for people to be falling over themselves to give McCarthy credit for this draft huh?

BigD_95

Reaction score
also, ARodgers hated Big Mike with a passion.

Rodgers hates everyone - reports he has issues with the new HC and he was only with him a year. Also reports that Rodgers is pretty much a jerk and his own teammates dont like the guy. Wouldnt be surprised if his own kids cant stand to be around the guy

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you're either 100% hit rate or trash huh?

Understood. The entire league is trash.
No, but you were touting our drafts stating they were all good. And they obviously weren’t. The only reason I responded.

As a matter of fact the bust and risk on defenses could be directly responsible for not helping this team have more success in recent years.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nonsense, they lost Collins and Bennett, what did you think they would do? That’s been an area of weakness for a long time. Was JG responsible for bringing in Quinn? Do you think JG wanted to keep Maher even though by missing all those FG’s Garrett also knew he was contributing to him losing his job?

Just look at almost every other comment in this thread, almost no one thinks Garrett or McCarthy is calling the personnel shots and there’s zero evidence they ever have.

What’s the next thing you’re gonna tell me, that they would have skipped over Lamb if Garrett was here or was that all McCarthy too? :rolleyes:
Yep cause all those DEs you just named have the same body type as Poe and McCoy......2 DT. Plus look at the coaching staff, McCarthy had nothing to do with that. If you can't see the difference then I'm finished with this conversation.

aria

Reaction score
Yep cause all those DEs you just named have the same body type as Poe and McCoy......2 DT. Plus look at the coaching staff, McCarthy had nothing to do with that. If you can't see the difference then I'm finished with this conversation.
Lol, ok, bye.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you put enough people in a room and ask them: Is the earth flat? One of them will say yes.

Do you take that opinion seriously and engage that person in debate or do you just walk away rolling your eyes?
I DO NOT walk away rolling my eyes, might fall off the edge.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So then maybe its stupid for people to be falling over themselves to give McCarthy credit for this draft huh?
Umm. He told McClay to draft good football players. Instead of people for the scheme. And look at our draft

kskboys

Reaction score
In all honesty. Not even a year into the McCarthy era and we have revamped our entire DL, had our best draft in years, have brought in a great staff who are all excellent at what they do, and Jerry has been very quiet. How can anyone defend what has been going on under the prior regime? I’m honestly asking.
Could not agree more. Despite the bellerin' of "Jerry won't let it happen" and such, it looks as if he is. Completely different approach this off.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting we had a great coaching staff, but are you suggesting that Garrett was making cap decisions and that he is responsible for free agent acquisition? Do you actually think he told Jerry last year not to sign defensive players last offseason, but rather be millions under the cap, keeping money in Jerry’s pocket?

Jerry hired a new coach and is now capitalizing on the fans’ hope and signing free agents on defense because you don’t hire a new coach and then hamstring him. He is trying to win one more SB and, as always, learning from his mistakes years later than what averages fans have known. Jerry saw that having a top offense meant nothing without a defense.

I love all the coaching changes this year, on paper clearly superior, but the coaches are not making these free agent decisions. Garrett is not in McCarthy’s atmosphere, but it was Jerry who hired him and said use the coaching staff I have Under contract. It was Jerry who allowed him to hire his own coaches piecemeal over several years. It was Jerry who was rightly tight fisted about adding free agents while trying to get a grip on the salary cap after years of bad decisions. Garrett was not a success, but it wasn’t all on him.
We were millions under the cap? According to whom?