How can we fix the offensive line?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmariChill, Dec 2, 2021.

1. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

7,341 Messages
    13,296 Likes Received
    Okay, I’m upset. Dak and Zeke have not been sharp in the slightest, but this offensive line is falling apart faster than anything I’ve seen before.

What’s going on? Martin hasn’t been as good lately. Tyron hasn’t been sharp since returning from the injury. Biadiaz leaves a lot on the plate. Williams/McGovern are just meh. Collins isn’t good. I’m not sure if Steele would’ve been any better but regardless, this offensive line is completely messed up and needs to be fixed if Dak, Zeke, and Pollard are able to truly do any damage as they were Pre-Patriots.

Winning the trenches are how you win games. Our defense looked good when they got to Taysom and Ingram. Bad when they didn’t. Same for the offense, when Dak is given time, I will admit he looks good (most of the time), and Pollard can gain speed and go for a run. But until these lines are fixed, we will falter.

what can be done in season to fix everything that has gone wrong?

Jake likes this.
  2. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,252 Messages
    11,809 Likes Received
    Run the ball. Don’t stop just because there’s nothing wrong with Prescott. That a little running game wouldn’t fix.

NumOneQB likes this.
  3. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Sase

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    25,566 Messages
    28,278 Likes Received
    If this fastest you have seen a line fall apart, then you weremt around for the 2009 playoffs

4. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

15,693 Messages
    26,728 Likes Received
    The draft

RS12 likes this.
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,679 Messages
    5,159 Likes Received
    10 Days of rest, clearing of the Covid list and return of Philbin should help.

6. Adiba1977

Adiba1977 Well-Known Member

784 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Put Williams back in. McGovern in packages to block.

BAT likes this.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

23,112 Messages
    14,723 Likes Received
    They have to get defenses out of stacked boxes. It seems like there’s always one more defender than there are blockers. They need some slants.

StarGazer1 likes this.
  8. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,522 Messages
    12,882 Likes Received
    Steele is our best RT I’ll tell you that right now. Tyron is a shell.

9. BigTx66

BigTx66 Active Member

182 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Sadly, fixing this o-line is not possible this year. Smith is a shell of his former self (a holding penalty waiting to happen), McGovern is worse that Williams (which is saying alot!), Biadiaz is mediocre/average, Martin is either hurt or has lost a step due to injuries, Collins apparently doesn't care to play this year (probably pouting because he was benched after his suspension), Steele was serviceable but got caught up in the COVID issue. The coaching staff apparently has no clue how to motivate these players and there is a need for some new player blood on the team. Neither of these things will happen this year, so we are stuck with a group of players who are as bad of an o-line as Dallas has had in years. Good luck to Pollard, Elliott and Prescott is surviving all the no-block and look-out blocks coming their way.

superonyx likes this.
  10. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

11,137 Messages
    15,185 Likes Received
    Maybe move Lael Collins to RG when Steele is back.

We are going to need a new center and guard this off-season for sure.

11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

39,340 Messages
    17,976 Likes Received
    It was like running into a brick wall tonight. You can’t just keep banging the run if there’s nothing there. Running the ball just put us in third and long situations. Our OL is an issue. It will need to be addressed in the offseason.

buddieluver likes this.
  12. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

12,565 Messages
    15,562 Likes Received
    The answer isnt....just run the ball.

They get stuffed constantly on every run play as if they know it's coming.

Something is very wrong here.

13. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

6,077 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    We have 2 recently drafted guys at LG who are jags, and a center who gets bullied by larger DTs. Smith is on the decline and Collins is a question mark.

Draft more I suppose.

14. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Well-Known Member

2,999 Messages
    2,561 Likes Received
    Running game is like a snowball, you gotta get it going so it can build up to size. Once it’s rolling, it can be a force. When the OL is pass blocking all night they’re taking punishment. The DL is teeing off on them because the OL is almost always on their heels when kick sliding. If you stick with the run game, you give the OL a chance to fire off the ball and inflict punishment. You can wear down the DL at that point. Moore abandons the run way to early. But you have to call run plays that play to your OL’s strengths.

15. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

12,565 Messages
    15,562 Likes Received
    I haven't had a shot to do rewatches lately due to family stuff but I wager that Biadasz is getting smoked on general run plays.

I'm not sure the McGovern switch is working out either.

I've defended both adamantly. I may very well have been wrong but this staff needs to figure this all out now. They didn't ask me in advance lol.

16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

12,091 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    Collins to LG and Steele at RT not ideal but better that man what we’re seeing now our C LG combo gets blown up in damn near every running play

Knotamus and TheHerd like this.
  17. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

8,726 Messages
    13,797 Likes Received
    for one stop slamming it up the gut

get creative with runs

motion, motion and more motion

TheHerd likes this.
  18. bsbellomy

bsbellomy Well-Known Member

2,969 Messages
    2,809 Likes Received
    You watched us run the ball tonight at 2 ypc and your takeaway is that we need more of that?

Smith22 and TheHerd like this.
  19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

19,373 Messages
    13,703 Likes Received
    even Tyron and Martin are not playing well,it doesnt bode well for the Skins game who have better interior linemen,

20. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,376 Messages
    10,175 Likes Received
    Steele at RT and Collins at LG.

BAT and Knotamus like this.