How Cool is Joe Burrow

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
I love watching the Bengals’ offence. They have 2 great receivers, an excellent RB and, most importantly, a great QB with an OL that is killing it, despite being down 2 starters.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Not sure id call either of their running backs excellent, agree on everything else though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love watching the Bengals’ offence. They have 2 great receivers, an excellent RB and, most importantly, a great QB with an OL that is killing it, despite being down 2 starters.
His line improved, but its still not very good. Thats something you have admire with him. He can get beat up, but still beat top teams. How many sacks did he take in divisional and AFCCG last year and still beat higher seeded teams?

Flamma

Reaction score
He is pretty cool under pressure and doesn't get rattled after taking hits. Very impressive. What will also be impressive is the contract extension he'll be getting after this year. I'd say the starting point is 50M.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
He's probably my favorite QB in the league right now. He's a tough player. Stands in the pocket and can take some hits, yet still throws beautiful passes all around the field. I'm incredibly jealous the Bengals have him as QB.
I wish we had him as well.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He's probably my favorite QB in the league right now. He's a tough player. Stands in the pocket and can take some hits, yet still throws beautiful passes all around the field. I'm incredibly jealous the Bengals have him as QB.
IF I was the Bengal GM my priority this offseason would be the O line. It was not all that great even before the injuries
You got arguably the best QB in the game right now and protecting him should be your to priority.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
His line improved, but its still not very good. Thats something you have admire with him. He can get beat up, but still beat top teams. How many sacks did he take in divisional and AFCCG last year and still beat higher seeded teams?
You remember when Romo couldn’t make the playoffs because he didn’t have 5 All Pros on the OL? Joey B makes the Super Bowl with less.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
IF I was the Bengal GM my priority this offseason would be the O line. It was not all that great even before the injuries
You got arguably the best QB in the game right now and protecting him should be your to priority.
Somebody check if Larry Allen knocked anyone up 22 years ago.

jsb357

Reaction score
How about coaching? Romo had the one ton deadweight of Ginger on his back.
romoplayoffs.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
How about coaching? Romo had the one ton deadweight of Ginger on his back.
This is always my part of that debate too. Romo was handcuffed to Garrett, either as OC or HC, pretty much his entire career. I can imagine he would have blossomed differently had Parcells stuck around a couple more years.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Love Burrow. The most fun I've had watching football in a decade was watching the 2019 LSU Tigers.

I'm not an LSU fan by any means, but I usually pick a few different college teams to follow every year in hopes they meet up in the playoffs. Once I realized LSU had a legit QB for the first time in forever, I made it a priority to catch every one of their games, since I was sure they'd make the playoffs.

They ended up having arguably the best season in NCAAF history.

Burrow got a lot of credit and recognition during that time, but he was arguably the most pro-ready college QB I'd ever seen. Because he seemingly came out of nowhere, I don't think that was a popular sentiment amongst the analysts, but it was hard to deny what he was doing in a pro style offense.

Flamma

Reaction score
You remember when Romo couldn’t make the playoffs because he didn’t have 5 All Pros on the OL? Joey B makes the Super Bowl with less.
Something that has been overlooked in a lot of this is the Bengals have a halfway decent defense. After a bad start in last year's AFC championship game, they clamped down. They held the Bills at home to 10 points last week.