How could you not like this draft

HungryLion

Reaction score
We have fans who think we need a 400 pound walrus at DT, those fans should be ignored.

Nashon Wright would've been there tomorrow. Take someone else at 99.

I want Togiai. He would help the run defense.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I don't buy into the strange idea of "everyone else sucks so it's OK for us to suck also."

It’s not that everyone sucks, it’s that every player at this stage either has HUGE holes in their game, massive injury concerns or character concerns severe enough to immediately derail their career. Anyone who is a “sure thing” or close to it is long gone, and teams are gambling on certain traits or scheme fits and hoping it works out.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I distinctly remember nobody liked our 4th round corner Anthony Brown when he was drafted ether. He turned out to be ok. Everyone love the 6th Round Pick Xavier Woods that literally got paid to watch football on Sundays.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Listen I’m positive here...except Garrett.,..but I’m willing to eat crow and throw it out there...THEY FAILED. Their one plus is all D. They got talent but it doesn’t feel organic or a fit. I feel like they reached to be smart when all they Needed was 5 guys who can be consistent and good.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s not that everyone sucks, it’s that every player at this stage either has HUGE holes in their game, massive injury concerns or character concerns severe enough to immediately derail their career. Anyone who is a “sure thing” or close to it is long gone, and teams are gambling on certain traits or scheme fits and hoping it works out.
Agree.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Every year there are some who love, and many who hate. Definitely a couple of questions marks, but this was the first draft in a while that picks were made to fill a hole and serve a purpose. Will they work? As always we will see in the play with a new coach and scheme. I look at it as so far no TE, and no WR...that has to be a start

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I see it as they didn’t have a ton of cap room this year.

- Needed to replace Crawford’s role
- Probably want to get Armstrong off the team
- Know they can’t rely on Jaylon to play well or LVE to even be able to play.
- Needed a step in starter opposite Diggs.

I get the first four picks. Wright is interesting. If he develops, then he takes Brown/Lewis spot next year and either Diggs or Joseph kick inside on nickel.

I wouldn’t have done that but if people are going to praise Quinn you have to live with his vision for DBs

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
We could’ve and should’ve gotten 3-4 starters and instead we MIGHT have one.
Literally the most disappointing terrible draft since 2009

Hard to see any 2021 Dallas Cowboys player past Parsons (including the uber talented Kelvin Johnson) on this roster past 2022.

This is a C draft through the Golston selection, now it is a D @ best given what could have been drafted.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hard to see any 2021 Dallas Cowboys player past Parsons (including the uber talented Kelvin Johnson) on this roster past 2022.

This is a C draft through the Golston selection, now it is a D @ best given what could have been drafted.
Who is Kelvin Johnson? You mean Kevin Joseph? I swear fans that can’t even get the guys names right, are the last ones that should be viewed as credible sources on if a pick is good/bad

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Are you kidding? This is like Parsons, and then the 09 draft all over again. Looks like a bunch of backups.

Exactly. Well I really like the Parsons pick, and I can see the 2nd round pick, but the 3rd round was a total circus. I can't imagine what got into 'em in that 3rd round.
After that 3rd round, I don't know if I have the heart to watch rounds 4-7.
If that's all they thought was available, why didn't they try to trade back up into the 2nd round? *SMH*

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you kidding? This is like Parsons, and then the 09 draft all over again. Looks like a bunch of backups.

I flashed back to 2009 too. After Parsons, seems like a lot reaching. Opposite of last year. Not a lot of protypical players either.

Still, both Osa and Joseph are interesting. Joseph looks like another FS conversion. Speed, ball skills, decent thickness, but relatively poor on agility. Should be deep zone, single high.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I get you might not love it because you would have picked player X over Y... But seeing this front office pick defensive player after defensive player is refreshing. It's almost like they realize their D was historically bad and want to improve it.
We load up defensively and then Tommy gets off work and claims we reached because Tommy knows more than scouts and coaches. Don’t be Tommy!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Drafting multiple contributing backups in the third round is an exceptional draft.

Again, so many of you overvalue these picks. Almost all of these players will never be consistent backups anywhere.
Well the team sits out FA arrogantly aiming to improve almost exclusively through the draft...the fans have accepted this narrative and have started to believe draft picks can contribute just as quickly, etc.

JonCJG

Reaction score
I get you might not love it because you would have picked player X over Y... But seeing this front office pick defensive player after defensive player is refreshing. It's almost like they realize their D was historically bad and want to improve it.

It’s easy to understand why people dislike this draft. Everyone thinks they know more then our front office. They thought with 5 picks we should come away with 3-4 starters (lol). They think that this draft should have fixed this defense, this ONE draft. Had the people that dislike this draft so much had been next to Jerry, we WOULD have gotten 3 for sure good starters, and stockpiled picks for next year and for Day 3. This is simple man, you really need to use your head. Had you done so, you wouldn’t have had to have ask this rhetorical question.

Anyone who thinks that this defense, which was historically bad, was going to take time to fix and at least a couple drafts is stupid. The defense should have been fixed with the 4 picks we had coming into this draft, PERIOD!

lockster

Reaction score
I would rather of had Parsons and bohrman, than the garbage we have now at the end of the third. This was a seriously messed up draft. Bohrman would fix the run game all by himself! Even jaylon might have been productive with him here. Get rid of the head coach and Quinn, plus throw mcclay out the door with them! These guys are absolute nuts! You can't draft well when Ur taking guys rated below the given rounds by one or more,vehicle other teams are drafting at value or better. This is complete &#$$#.
Look at all our previous drafts, when you force picks, draft below the rounds Ur in, and go for prospects, you loose badly. We now have to hope for the supernatural intervention on getting CFA, to try and save this draft. I hope this group bombs so we can clean out the decision makers of this draft. This team is beyond help.
It's like walking into taco Bell and asking how much is a burrito. They say, 2 dollars. You say , hell no! I'll pay U six! Six! And you'll take it. That's what they did this draft.