How could you not like this draft

jrumann59

Reaction score
You need depth on the d-line. Just because a guy isn't starting doesn't mean he isn't contributing. It's a rotation. It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.
Nice Happy Gilmore reference

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I get you might not love it because you would have picked player X over Y... But seeing this front office pick defensive player after defensive player is refreshing. It's almost like they realize their D was historically bad and want to improve it.
I love some of the old three stooges episodes, when Moe would poke Curly in the eyes and slap Larry on his head..lol
For those that aren't familiar with the the Three Stooges,, please take the moment to google them, and you will have a much greater understanding of how the Dallas Cowboys FO is run.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Week 1 vs Rams: 153 yards 2 TDs ( Loss)
Week 2 vs Falcons: 113 yards 0 TDs ( Win)
Week 3 vs Seahawks: 117 yards 0 TDs ( Loss)
Week 4 vs Browns: 307 yards 3 TDs ( Loss)

Week 5 vs Giants: 89 yards 2 TDs ( Win)
Week 6 vs Arizona 261 yards 3TDs (Loss)
Week 7 vs Washington: 208 yards 1 TDs (Loss)
Week 8 vs Eagles: 119 yards 0 TDs (Loss)
Week 9 vs Steelers: 46 yards 0 TDs (Loss)

Week 10 vs Vikings: 125 yards 1 TDs ( Win)
Week 11 vs Washington: 182 yards 3 TDs (Loss)
Week 12 vs Ravens: 284 yards 2 TDs (Loss)

Week 13 vs Bengals: 101 yards 0 TDs (Win)
Week 14 vs 49ers: 150 yards 1 TD (Win)
Week 15 vs Eagles: 151 yards 1 TD (Win)
Week 16 vs Giants: 125 yards 1 TD (Loss)

Dallas has given up 14 games with 100+ yard rushers and lost 10 of them.
They have given 4 games with over 200+ yards rushing

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Because a lot of people in this forum are young kids who don't think before they type. They are in love with names not understanding this team is using a differs type of drafting philosophy. Speed is the new pre-requisite in Dallas. SPEED,SPEED and more SPEED. This was why the LOB was so effective. Nobody heard of Sherman Williams until the LOB was working. Sherman was drafted in the 5th round, Browner was undrafted.

:facepalm: Richard Sherman big guy.

Scotman

Reaction score
I distinctly remember nobody liked our 4th round corner Anthony Brown when he was drafted ether. He turned out to be ok. Everyone love the 6th Round Pick Xavier Woods that literally got paid to watch football on Sundays.

You distinctly remember wrong. Anthony Brown was a 6th round pick. At best, no one really cared. But he wasn't hated as a pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Epic troll thread to pour salt over a gaping wound.

Well done.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Epic troll thread to pour salt over a gaping wound.

Well done.

Week 1 vs Rams: 153 yards 2 TDs ( Loss)
Week 2 vs Falcons: 113 yards 0 TDs ( Win)
Week 3 vs Seahawks: 117 yards 0 TDs ( Loss)
Week 4 vs Browns: 307 yards 3 TDs ( Loss)

Week 5 vs Giants: 89 yards 2 TDs ( Win)
Week 6 vs Arizona 261 yards 3TDs (Loss)
Week 7 vs Washington: 208 yards 1 TDs (Loss)
Week 8 vs Eagles: 119 yards 0 TDs (Loss)
Week 9 vs Steelers: 46 yards 0 TDs (Loss)

Week 10 vs Vikings: 125 yards 1 TDs ( Win)
Week 11 vs Washington: 182 yards 3 TDs (Loss)
Week 12 vs Ravens: 284 yards 2 TDs (Loss)

Week 13 vs Bengals: 101 yards 0 TDs (Win)
Week 14 vs 49ers: 150 yards 1 TD (Win)
Week 15 vs Eagles: 151 yards 1 TD (Win)
Week 16 vs Giants: 125 yards 1 TD (Loss)

Dallas has given up 14 games with 100+ yard rushers and lost 10 of them.
They have given 4 games with over 200+ yards rushing

Grenic

Reaction score
It’s easy to understand why people dislike this draft. Everyone thinks they know more then our front office. They thought with 5 picks we should come away with 3-4 starters (lol). They think that this draft should have fixed this defense, this ONE draft. Had the people that dislike this draft so much had been next to Jerry, we WOULD have gotten 3 for sure good starters, and stockpiled picks for next year and for Day 3. This is simple man, you really need to use your head. Had you done so, you wouldn’t have had to have ask this rhetorical question.

Anyone who thinks that this defense, which was historically bad, was going to take time to fix and at least a couple drafts is stupid. The defense should have been fixed with the 4 picks we had coming into this draft, PERIOD!
It's been decades now that this team has won anything, we shouldn't trust this front office period. Team has been a disaster since my daughter was born

Gaede

Reaction score
We hate the draft because the team is more concerned with drafting backups to their backups so they don't have to give them contracts.

The teams priorities are in the wrong places.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Parsons and Joseph start without question day 1.

Golston takes Armstrong’s spot and Osa takes Crawford’s spot. Not sure on Wright but if Quinn is the DB genius everyone says, then you have to trust him. Cant have it both ways.
I thought Wright was a FS project

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Joseph is absolutely a starter at corner opposite Diggs. Osa has a real chance to start at DT as well beside Gallimore or Hill.

they could have taken Joseph in the 3rd.

he’s the 9th ranked CB in the draft. Grades out at a 79.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s easy to understand why people dislike this draft. Everyone thinks they know more then our front office. They thought with 5 picks we should come away with 3-4 starters (lol). They think that this draft should have fixed this defense, this ONE draft. Had the people that dislike this draft so much had been next to Jerry, we WOULD have gotten 3 for sure good starters, and stockpiled picks for next year and for Day 3. This is simple man, you really need to use your head. Had you done so, you wouldn’t have had to have ask this rhetorical question.

Anyone who thinks that this defense, which was historically bad, was going to take time to fix and at least a couple drafts is stupid. The defense should have been fixed with the 4 picks we had coming into this draft, PERIOD!

i think we are frustrated.

a lot of solid players went by us.

chicago JK

Reaction score
they could have taken Joseph in the 3rd.

he’s the 9th ranked CB in the draft. Grades out at a 79.

Maybe he is not there, but with his question marks and limited starts, I would feel much better either hoping he makes it to the third or trading up to the late second. I believe that would have been decent value. I would have gone another direction at 44.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I get you might not love it because you would have picked player X over Y... But seeing this front office pick defensive player after defensive player is refreshing. It's almost like they realize their D was historically bad and want to improve it.
Truth