How did a top LB core, go from hero to zero?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Praxit, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,493 Messages
    6,703 Likes Received
    lol...I don't think Matt was there, I think he left the year LVE came...lol

2. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,470 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Our LB are walking wounded and over valued. Our film studies of previous games must be carried on at 2am when folk are sleepy and not paying attention.

3. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

8,138 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    A couple years ago the Dline was playing well and Olines had their hands full. The LBers were free to run to the ball. Not so now.

4. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    5,514 Likes Received
    LVE had a phenomenal rookie season and hasn’t been able to stay healthy since.

Jaylon’s only good season was that same year, so I’m thinking LVE made him look good.

5. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,199 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    If we were to cut him,the most he would be is a special teams guy and spot starter if someone got hurt...that's his future...but we all know jerry would never cut his pet cat.

6. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,199 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Bum

Praxit likes this.
  7. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

388 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Looks to me like one is old and often injured (Lee), one is injury prone and playing not to get reinjured (LVE) and the other one came off a major injury, got paid, but has slow instincts and tries to make it up with speed so often is running down the play from behind. (Jaylon).
    If we could put them in a blender and get Lee's heart and instincts, with Jaylon's speed, and LVE's youth and toughness.....we got ourselves a great LB. But sadly, we have what we have.

And i agree, the DL does them no favors.

8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,143 Messages
    26,325 Likes Received
    Injuries.

Poor DT's.

That is all.

9. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    ....bro, sounds like you put on some pads and helmet back in the day. ..;) but your right, about him not able to shed off his blockers.

My biggest gripe with Jaylon are his instincts. Many times he gets completely fooled. I'm yelling at the telly, "No, you dumb****,,,.. that way". I

ondaedg likes this.
  10. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    ..>I was very surprised how awful Poe did. I thought he was going to be a huge positive factor going forward. ..Oh well, what can you do.

bigE79 likes this.
  11. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,199 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Cut his ***..dude ls soft and slow...does he ever make a tackle?

12. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

6,520 Messages
    3,031 Likes Received
    not sure he could play special teams. Takes bad angles. Has poor change of direction. Averse to contact. Can't get off blocks. Actually....with all those "qualities"...I'm not sure how on earth he is in the NFL!!!

bigE79 likes this.
  13. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,780 Messages
    20,877 Likes Received
    Among mallards, only the hens quack. Drakes whistle. And geese honk. They don't quack. I take it you don't hunt.

aria likes this.
  14. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,199 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Well bb,I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt..we both know if we cut him,he'd be out of the league all together...he's that bad.

15. aria

aria Well-Known Member

16,536 Messages
    15,785 Likes Received
    Have only hunted ducks a couple times and it was over 20 years ago, I pretty much stopped hunting altogether these days. I should have known that about geese and ducks though. Had no idea about drakes and hens.

cern likes this.
  16. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    I played up to my junior year then quit football to play on the golf team. Lol. But in all seriousness my dad played college ball and my brother played at a perennial powerhouse football school here in NE Ohio. A lot of football in our blood.

But yes Jaylon frustrates me to death with his delayed reads. And he plays 6 yds off the LOS which means he’s not getting to the ball carrier until the G or C are already on him with momentum.

Praxit likes this.
  17. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,780 Messages
    20,877 Likes Received
    Duck hunting's the greatest because you're always with your hest friend. Your dog.

18. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    ....I did the same, I played until my junior year, then I joined a Rock Band...lol.. Coaches.......we're effen pissed. I was suppose to start at FB my senior year. ;)..

ondaedg likes this.
  19. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

15,186 Messages
    6,423 Likes Received
    Agreed, but I believe that’s why he should be a weak side chase LB. Neither he nor LVE seem to fit the inside LB position in a 3-4 scheme.

ondaedg likes this.
  20. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

16,590 Messages
    14,351 Likes Received
    Jaylon's leg regressed. It was visible early last year, and got worse as the season went on. He probably should have kept playing with the orthotic.

I think he *knew* (it's his leg, after all) and that's why he had his agent offer an early "team friendly" deal. With every year of the contract injury guaranteed. We should get him off the field before the next 2 years kick in.

On LVE, he's been continually broken for a year and a half now. LBs don't get to hit in practices. Takes some games to get into form. I haven't given up on him playing well, though I'm not confident he can stay healthy for very long. Sean Lee 2.

Praxit likes this.