How do all the doom and gloomers feels now?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
ARE Cooper and Wilson better? Having not yet seen how Tolbert and Washington work with a new team, we can only speculate, based on what we hear. I utilize weird analogies only to make an obvious point, but I see that’s pointless, so believe whatever you want.
Basing the fact Cooper has produced in the NFL for years, was a better prospect coming out. Also cooper being doubled for years.
Wilson also making plays in the NFL.
Tolbert about even with Gallup as a prospect, Washington being a dud in Pittsburgh...
Yes, cooper and Wilson are the better pair.

ESisback

Reaction score
I was a fan before JJ bought the team. I’ll be a fan after he is gone. I will always root for Dallas— after all— even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I just refuse to drink the kool aid and put on my pretend fantasy goggles when looking at this franchise. Moaning? Nah. Cynical and jaded? Yes,

Why don’t we reconvene after the 2022 season and see how they do. If you want to think it’s all rainbows and unicorns and barrels of kool aid— be my guest. I’ll leave you to it.

Just leave me to my cup as well, as all that’s left is a shot of strong, bitter whiskey lol
Kudos, bro! I’ve been a fan since the days of Dandy, and I’m cynical too. I prefer whiskey to Kool Aid, but I remain hopeful, and appreciate everything I’ve got.✊

ESisback

Reaction score
Basing the fact Cooper has produced in the NFL for years, was a better prospect coming out. Also cooper being doubled for years.
Wilson also making plays in the NFL.
Tolbert about even with Gallup as a prospect, Washington being a dud in Pittsburgh...
Yes, cooper and Wilson are the better pair.
At this moment, probably. A year from now, who knows? Gonna enjoy that year, though!

garyv

Reaction score
Your comments about the 1st pick are dead on for me. However, Williams is a different player and they even benched him because of the penalties and had to bring him back in and he wasn't any better.

They know they have this challenge with Smith coming in and he was a holding machine at times but he was the best OL on a mediocre OL. Williams was the weak link on what was a good OL.

I look for the coaches to do the same thing to Williams in MIA because that rep will travel with him. They studied the film and knew just how to come at him.

On the other side of this, I think Smith is a bigger meaner and stronger player now than Williams ever became. There is more for the coaches to work with.

I didn't like Williams when he came out of Texas so definitely glad to see him gone. His base was horrible thats why he got knock backwards almost every play.
The Cowboys knew he had to go and hes gone and I'm glad.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.
im good with the draft, just need OL coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For me, this offseason was all about fixing the run game and getting better stopping the run. Tyler Smith should be an upgrade in that department as he was the top rated run blocker in the nation. Did we do enough to get better at stopping the run? Clark, Ridgeway are a good start.

For you? What do you mean for you?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't like Williams when he came out of Texas so definitely glad to see him gone. His base was horrible thats why he got knock backwards almost every play.
The Cowboys knew he had to go and hes gone and I'm glad.
That was an appeasement pick. Pick a Longhorn that wants to be a Cowboy. It was feel good but one of the problems is that the Big 12, except OU, went spread because of the lack of good OL.

garyv

Reaction score
im good with the draft, just need OL coach.

I too am ok with this draft I don't value people like Mel Kiper hes a pundit, never played football and basically compiles
data together usually from scouts and puts his list together. What I do value is a guy thats played in the NFL had success
that breaks down tape and gives his opinion like Brian Baldinger with our 2nd Round pick Sam Williams:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
None of them have done anything on the field yet… My issue is not just with what talent is or is not on the roster. It’s with the toxic and dysfunctional leadership running the franchise.

We can debate the picks if you want— some of them I really like. But— as cynical as this sounds— it is not going to matter. It’s rearranging the chairs on the titanic.

Why? Zero accountability. Soft, celebrity, “talk before you prove anything “ culture. An organization that plasters over character issues embedded in their own family— let alone their franchise.

This team is entitled and enabled. Just like their ownership— they think they are the smartest and most gifted team in the league.

This perpetuating delusion continues to set them up to get spanked by actual contenders who are simply made up of stronger stuff and are led by effective leaders.

Call me a “doom and gloomer” if you want. This team has filled some “needs” and added some talented players— but IMO, after watching this clown show for decades— they are going to finish with no better than 10 wins, and IF they make the playoffs— 90% it’s another one and done.

Bla bla bla......................so no one can talk about the draft or be happy about anything ever right? Why do you even bother coming on here? If you hate the team then just dont bother. Why even be a fan?

You think you are the only one frustrated with jerry and his loser son? Get over it already. The Cowboys still have a talented team here. Its hard to win a title. YOu also have to be lucky.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offense will be better everywhere when the Oline is fixed. That isnt taking one offseason. Not the way we do it.

But then we still have the Zeke problem with the run game.
If he is 100%, he might not be a problem. I think many are sticking the fork in him a little prematurely. And our #1 pick's strength is run blocking so there's that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's not player acquisition that has been the problem; it's player APPLICATION on the field that has been the problem.
And that has to do with coaching.
I just don't feel our coaches give us an advantage, especially during the playoffs.
As for the Cowboys, I hope for the best but expect the worst.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Bla bla bla......................so no one can talk about the draft or be happy about anything ever right? Why do you even bother coming on here? If you hate the team then just dont bother. Why even be a fan?

You think you are the only one frustrated with jerry and his loser son? Get over it already. The Cowboys still have a talented team here. Its hard to win a title. YOu also have to be lucky.

Lol… so to get this straight: YOU start a thread asking for opinions from the “Doom n Gloomers” on the draft— and then when you get opinions that don’t agree with your own— you sneer and condescend and wax on about those that are critical should just stop being a fan? Lol

I could give 2 socks whether you like the draft, the team, or the Jones family. You are free to drink all the koolaid you want… just don’t act “holier than thou” as if somehow you being “positive” or me being “negative” about this franchise is gonna make a lick of difference in the end.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Kudos, bro! I’ve been a fan since the days of Dandy, and I’m cynical too. I prefer whiskey to Kool Aid, but I remain hopeful, and appreciate everything I’ve got.✊

Hard to watch the same movie again and again knowing it will turn out the same bc the director is not willing to write a different script.

I see nothing ahead for 2022 but perhaps a division title and then a quick exit again in Jan. This paves the way for MM to get blamed and fired, for Quinn or Payton to become the next HC, and for JJ and SJ to once again peddle hope and optimism to the masses.

New coach comes in— and we will get the obligatory 1-2 year “adjustment” phase— followed by players aging out or becoming a cap casualty. We will always be in NFL purgatory— good enough to win the division and technically “contend”— but simply not good enough to scrap with the best teams in the league.

Truly hope I’m wrong— but Dallas’ ceiling right now is about the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC— which puts them at around 10th-12th in the NFL.

ICP

Reaction score
I don't think Doom and gloomers should feel any different than the ones that drink Jerry's kool-aid. The bottom line is that it will most likely take quite a while to find out if any of these picks are any good. The same goes for any team's draft.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hard to watch the same movie again and again knowing it will turn out the same bc the director is not willing to write a different script.

I see nothing ahead for 2022 but perhaps a division title and then a quick exit again in Jan. This paves the way for MM to get blamed and fired, for Quinn or Payton to become the next HC, and for JJ and SJ to once again peddle hope and optimism to the masses.

New coach comes in— and we will get the obligatory 1-2 year “adjustment” phase— followed by players aging out or becoming a cap casualty. We will always be in NFL purgatory— good enough to win the division and technically “contend”— but simply not good enough to scrap with the best teams in the league.

Truly hope I’m wrong— but Dallas’ ceiling right now is about the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC— which puts them at around 10th-12th in the NFL.
Hope you’re wrong too. Just trying to find some middle ground. Makes the ride more fun.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it always the coach? I think the players just sucked. Some are getting old, some just werent that good.
Lot of simple technique stuff, no discipline, continuity. All coaching 101 stuff.