How do we compare to Pats and Falcons now

waldoputty

Reaction score
Pats - traded to upgrade WR with Cook and acquire Ealy, signed top CB in Gilmore, resigned a lot of their better FAs including Hightower. Kept Garoppolo
Falcons - signed top DT in Poe, grabbed Tak in front of Cowboys to bookend with their 17-sack RDE.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'd say both of those teams look better on paper right now, but both of those teams look to be on a "win now" mode because of their aging QBs.

Right now, we really just need to enjoy the fact that we have a young team on the rise that can already play with the big boys, and an FO that finally seems to 'get it'.

These next few years are going to be fun.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'd say both of those teams look better on paper right now, but both of those teams look to be on a "win now" mode because of their aging QBs.

Right now, we really just need to enjoy the fact that we have a young team on the rise that can already play with the big boys, and an FO that finally seems to 'get it'.

These next few years are going to be fun.

ryan is not old -31?

robjay04

Reaction score
Pats really dropped the ball. This was such a deep draft and they squandered it away with only five picks? How dare I question the great Pats strategy right?

They are built to win now so it's okay...but first significant injury to Brady and they're done and will fall pretty quick. I'm pretty sure Bellichick goes quickly after Brady since he doesn't seem too dedicated to building a team built to last.

In my opinion, the Raiders were the best team in that conference last season. If their young players continue to progress...they will give the Pats all they can handle.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Atlanta has always been an up and down team. I suspect they will be mediocre.

Never really understood this because I don't believe in past statistics.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Pats really dropped the ball. This was such a deep draft and they squandered it away with only five picks? How dare I question the great Pats strategy right?

They are built to win now so it's okay...but first significant injury to Brady and they're done and will fall pretty quick. I'm pretty sure Bellichick goes quickly after Brady since he doesn't seem too dedicated to building a team built to last.

In my opinion, the Raiders were the best team in that conference last season. If their young players continue to progress...they will give the Pats all they can handle.

raider were probably better last season when the Pats were in transition and accidentally won the superbowl.
Pats kept garappolo...

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

They were down to Jacoby Brissett at one point last year and didn't really miss a beat. They acquired guys who can play right away, which is what they needed to do. I have a hard time questioning anything they've done.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team has a second year quarterback and a hand full of rookies that need to make a difference on defense.

I am for seeing the bright side of life here, but think this team needs one more string draft and a little seasoning on what we have before this team can get into the NFC Championship game.

Get there and it's two wins and you're golden. Until then its wait and see.

The Natural

Reaction score
This team has a second year quarterback and a hand full of rookies that need to make a difference on defense.

I am for seeing the bright side of life here, but think this team needs one more string draft and a little seasoning on what we have before this team can get into the NFC Championship game.

Get there and it's two wins and you're golden. Until then its wait and see.
Why do we need to wait another draft to advance 1 week further than we did last season?