How do you feel about a Cowboys at Pats 2019 opener?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
meh, it doesn't matter to me..........teams that worry about their opponents probably aren't going to be very good anyway.........that is a weak mentality.
As is being suggested, it matters when you play an opponent. Better to play in cold weather stadiums when it is warmer. Not recognizing that, is weak minded.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'd be down with that. It's a high profile matchup and honestly I would rather play the Pats early rather than later. They seems to get better as the season rolls along.

Pretty much. Pats have been slow starters the last few years. Being in NE, I'd much rather play them early on than a late year cold weather game.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
It doesn't matter we're kicking *** and taking names. I'll leave it up to the league to line up the victims:flagwave:

PUSHfold

Reaction score
That New Orleans game catapulted us to the playoffs and brought a confidence to our defense that they just didn't quite have at that point.

And still don't have after giving up 250+ rushing yards to an almost retired running back and a crippled Gurley in the most meaningful game of the season.

J12B

Reaction score
I'd prefer to play them at the beginning of the season.

They seem to start slow.

Then in November and December they find their stride....and well you know the rest.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I actually think playing well late in the year is overrated as well but most people do not.

But I do think beating certain teams that everyone has labeled as the best team in football do bring momentum when you find a way to beat them. I've seen it too many times.

That New Orleans game catapulted us to the playoffs and brought a confidence to our defense that they just didn't quite have at that point.
I just don't see it. That was the 6th game last season where we allowed under 20 points. After the Saints game, we allowed 20+ in every single game we played. Our defense, if anything, got worse after the Saints game.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's the perfect start for the league. Cowboys often get the SN opener. That game comes down to NE/KC or NE/DAL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would be very difficult avoiding an 0-1 start having to face the Pats on the road in the opener. With a tough first place schedule this season we need to get off to a good start. Wouldn’t be easy digging ourselves out of an early season hole with the teams we’ll be facing.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Hard to say... giving one of the greatest defensive minds of all time four months to confuse the (relatively speaking) mental midget combo of Dak/Moore is almost guaranteed to be a loss.
On the other hand I echo the sentiment that the Pats have at least seemed to be slow out of the gate lately, and it would avoid a cold weather game that plays into their favor.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Would be very difficult avoiding an 0-1 start having to face the Pats on the road in the opener. With a tough first place schedule this season we need to get off to a good start. Wouldn’t be easy digging ourselves out of an early season hole with the teams we’ll be facing.
So, which week do you think is the most likely one for Dallas to walk out of there with a win?

I guess the ideal week is week 17, where things may well be settled already for one or both teams. But failing that, a loss is a loss, whenever it happens to come.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Hard to say... giving one of the greatest defensive minds of all time four months to confuse the (relatively speaking) mental midget combo of Dak/Moore is almost guaranteed to be a loss.
On the other hand I echo the sentiment that the Pats have at least seemed to be slow out of the gate lately, and it would avoid a cold weather game that plays into their favor.

LLLOOLLL, SICK!

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Wouldn’t bother me but the NFL seems to be embracing rivalry for year 100 so I think NFC East and probably Commanders.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
2yr531.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So, which week do you think is the most likely one for Dallas to walk out of there with a win?

I guess the ideal week is week 17, where things may well be settled already for one or both teams. But failing that, a loss is a loss, whenever it happens to come.

Our best chance of beating them would probably be around mid season because that’s usually when we’re playing our best football. We get off to some shaky early starts then start finding our stride around mid season. It always seems to take us a few games to get going.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t trust that Kellen Moore will be ready to call great game by the opener, especially against the Pats. It’s going to take him a few games to settle in at OC.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And what played into their favor in Superbowl Championshios? The smell of hotdogs in a climate controlled stadium?! :lmao2:

Last edited: