How far are we away?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

ilykdrama

Reaction score
2016 was closest. We’re not gonna be. Ack around there for a second. Dak and receivers can’t take pressure off of Zeke. Lee can stay on field. Tyron has a CHRONIC back issue. Team
As long as we have this version of Dak the defense will have to be at least top 10 to compete.

To me I would draft

1st round - MLB
2nd - 1 Tech (6’4 320 LBs)
3rd - RE (Keep doing it every year until you find a keeper)
4th - Speed WR
4th - RB
5th - Another Hitchens type LB
5th on down - BPA

I don’t know which FAs will be available but i wouldn’t mind doing what NE does and trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for proven vet.

No issues, whatsoever with this whole layout. Lee is so detrimental that you have to start replacing him NOW. This team can’t pick D LINE to save its life.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
As long as we have this version of Dak the defense will have to be at least top 10 to compete.

To me I would draft

1st round - MLB
2nd - 1 Tech (6’4 320 LBs)
3rd - RE (Keep doing it every year until you find a keeper)
4th - Speed WR
4th - RB
5th - Another Hitchens type LB
5th on down - BPA

I don’t know which FAs will be available but i wouldn’t mind doing what NE does and trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for proven vet.
1st QB
2nd LB
3rd WR
4th S
4th DT
5th OL
5th RB
6th TE
7th LB

Verdict

Reaction score
2016 was closest. We’re not gonna be. Ack around there for a second. Dak and receivers can’t take pressure off of Zeke. Lee can stay on field. Tyron has a CHRONIC back issue. Team

No issues, whatsoever with this whole layout. Lee is so detrimental that you have to start replacing him NOW. This team can’t pick D LINE to save its life.

I think that's a Marinelli issue.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They ALL have to go. Garrett most of all.

Every other position outside of Witten's has changed with the same disappointing results.

There only one thing left to change.

It's time to move on from Witten or vastly diminish his role. We need a TE that can stretch the field. Witten can barely move better than a corpse. Sure he can catch anything but his value to this offense compared to his salary is not doing much anymore.

Cmac

Reaction score
Miles away....no playmakers, no depth, no coaching. 13-3 was strictly off talent and surprise.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Miles away....no playmakers, no depth, no coaching. 13-3 was strictly off talent and surprise.

We also have no speed.

This has been an issue for 5 years now and the only way Garrett and company sought to address it was by playing Lance Dunbar.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well we went 13-3 and decided to go into rebuild mode; mishandle free agency; hope the NFL would go light on Zeke, and do nothing to build upon success.

waving monkey

Reaction score
This is a legitimate question. How far are we away from contending? What do we need at a minimum to have a chance of winning a super bowl?

I think we need:

1 starting lb, 1 backup lb.
2. RT-- move Collins back to guard. Keep Cooper as depth
3. Get rid of Dez -- high cap, low performance, head case, problematic
4. Get rid of Witten. Either make Hanna the answer or draft one
5. Draft a TRUE 1 Tech
6. Get a backup RB.
7. Draft or get a safety--After today I'm ready to move on from Jones. I haven't been on that wagon until today.
I follow you drift I'm still not selling Bjones.
Our big three needs D1,TO,[LB [Rogoun Smith] is very interesting.]

Section446

Reaction score
We're far away, we need four new starters in the secondary, gotta replace Lee and Smith sooner rather than later.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Actually, there is something we can do about it. Who would have thought 3-4 years ago that the NFL fans as a whole, would stop going to games and watching games? I would have told you that you were nuts. It's happening and the NFL is feeling it big time. If it can be done on an NFL level, why can't it be done on a team level here in Dallas?