How good is Nick Foles?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
About 34% of the current US population wasn't alive when the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl. About 54% weren't alive for any of the Super Bowls of the 60's and 70's.

To them, there isn't much difference between those older SB Championships and the pre-SB NFL Championships. Getting them to understand the relevance of those early SB wins is like getting them to understand how inconvenient it was when a business didn't get enough Yellow Pages delivered.
It's getting to be pitiful. Nobody cares what happened over 20 years ago except Cowboy fans because that's all we have.

CPanther95

Reaction score
It's getting to be pitiful. Nobody cares what happened over 20 years ago except Cowboy fans because that's all we have.

At the time of Super Bowl XXX:

* Lady Diana was not just alive, she was still married to Prince Charles
* Jon Benet Ramsey and Tupac were still alive
* Internet usage hadn't reached 10 million people yet
* The DVD didn't exist.
* eBay didn't exist
* Michael Jordan was in the first season of the Bulls' 2nd three-peat.
* The Unabomber was still at-large.
* 2 months earlier, the Dow Jones crossed 5000 for the first time.

Valorius

Reaction score
You said 4. Guess when some of those happened? But then you clearly are not very well versed in NFL history

but since I am bored I will deign to educate you. Now as a Philthy fan you should know this but then you are a philthy fan

1948, 1949 Eagles win NFL championship. NFL players wear leather helmets.

Actually, in 1948 and 1949 they wore hard helmets, but with no facemasks.

I once met the hero of those teams, the great Steve Van Buren. He autographed a baseball for me, said it was the only baseball he's ever signed. .
nfl_g_van_buren_b1_400.jpg

ghostdog

Reaction score
first league title for philly in 58yrs....last one,JFK was alive.
I’m betting close to 100% of Eagles fans were alive (it was pretty chaotic after the game :)) when their favorite team last won a SB. What, maybe 50% of cowboys fan were alive when their team did. Maybe....

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Supposedly the Bills have offered a 2nd rd pick for Foles. Eagles only listening to offers right now and hoping to create a bidding war for Foles.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will admit, I was waiting for Foles to fold up in each playoff game, and well, he kept proving me wrong. He had a very impressive run. For some reason, I just don't trust him as a full-time starter though. We will see though, I am sure somebody will give him a shot. Kills me the Eagles keep getting these chances for top draft picks. haha

ghostdog

Reaction score
The Eagles have set the price they want is at least what they got for Bradford which was a 1st and a 4th. Why would they settle for less? The SB MVP and the numbers he put up in his four career play off games demand high draft choices in return. I think a 1st and a 3rd will get their attention. The Eagles can negotiate from a position of power. Foles is the best security blanket in the league. And the perfect gap QB around.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Eagles have set the price they want is at least what they got for Bradford which was a 1st and a 4th. Why would they settle for less? The SB MVP and the numbers he put up in his four career play off games demand high draft choices in return. I think a 1st and a 3rd will get their attention. The Eagles can negotiate from a position of power. Foles is the best security blanket in the league. And the perfect gap QB around.
Why? Deep QB draft, Foles has been both good and bad, and Bradford is proven to be a good QB w/ injury issues.

diefree666

Reaction score
He was having his 2nd great season but got hurt and sent to Jeff Fisher ... He did good when replacing Alex smith and we all know how he did when replacing Wentz . But yes dont let facts stand in your way
woulda coulda shoulda

ifs and buts mean nothing. Your so called 2nd great season was not all that and it ended early no matter what you want to believe

and he had chances to show more after that and did not. So take some more cheese with your whine

he had ONE great season and ONE great postseason run. You can cry all you want but those are the REAL FACTS.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
CAREER PLAYOFF STATISTICS, ALL TIME NFL:

N. Foles: 71.9 comp% 113.2 rating
J. Hostetler 69.2 comp% 112.0 rating

K. Warner 71.1% comp 102.8 rating
D. Brees 65.9% comp 100.7 rating
A. Rodgers: 63.5 comp % 99.4 rating
R. Wilson: 61.6% 94.1 rating
T. Brady: 62.8% comp 90.9 rating
T. Aikman: 63.7% comp 88.3 rating
B. Favre: 60.8 comp % 86.3 rating
S. Young: 62% comp 85.8 rating
J. Montana: 62.7 comp% 84.6 rating
J. Kelly: 59.1% comp 72.3 rating
J. Flacco 56.6% comp 88.6 rating

Nick Foles rankings:

No.1 all time Eagles regular season passer rating leader (92.7)
No.1 all time Eagles playoff winning % (.750)
No.1 all time Eagles and NFL single game TD record holder (7)

No.1 all time NFL TD/INT ratio after 25 starts
No.1 all time NFL single month passer rating (145+, Nov 2013)
No.1 all time NFL playoff completion % (71.9%)
No.1 all time NFL career playoff passer rating (113.2)
No.1 all time NFL single season turn over ratio (2013, 27 TD: 2 INT)
No.1 all time NFL single postseason completion % (72.6%)
No.3 all time NFL single season passer rating (A. Rodgers, P. Manning)
No.3 all time NFL single postseason playoff passer rating (J. Flacco 1st, D. Brees 2nd)

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to have over a 100 passer rating in 1st 4 Playoff games (T. Aikman)

Nick Foles is one of 2 NFL QB's to pass for over 75% completions in consecutive playoff games (J. Montana)

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to pass for 7 TD's and 0 INT's in a single game (P.Manning)

Nick Foles is one of 4 QB's in NFL history to pass for over 300yds in consecutive playoff games (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady)

Nick Foles passer rating against the blitz in Superbowl LII was 133.1

------------

How good is he? Not as good as some think right now. That Hostetler is #2 on this list speaks volumes as to the dangers of getting carried away by one playoff run.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Why? Deep QB draft, Foles has been both good and bad, and Bradford is proven to be a good QB w/ injury issues.
Deep QB draft? Seriously? There is not one QB in this draft that is a consensus franchise QB. Not one. Yes there are a lot of "ok" guys. We won't know much about them until they are in their new teams schemes and see how their skill sets line up to those new schemes. Being in the right situation is just as important as talent. Nick was in two really good situations and excelled in them. Period. Serious question, is Tom Brady really Tom Brady had he not landed in NE?

kskboys

Reaction score
Deep QB draft? Seriously? There is not one QB in this draft that is a consensus franchise QB. Not one. Yes there are a lot of "ok" guys. We won't know much about them until they are in their new teams schemes and see how their skill sets line up to those new schemes. Being in the right situation is just as important as talent. Nick was in two really good situations and excelled in them. Period. Serious question, is Tom Brady really Tom Brady had he not landed in NE?
Let's see, rereading my post. Don't see where I said there were any blue chippers. However, I said it was a deep draft. Deep means there are a lot of good prospects. Since the talk has been 5 QB's going in the first, and Rudolph being a good prospect but dropping due to the high number of good prospects, it appears my contention that it's a deep draft is not only correct, but agreed upon by pretty much everyone talking about it, it appears that you are wrong.

Listen. The draft is all prospects. At all positions. So, yes, this draft is absolutely deep at QB. Seriously.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is part of the lore and heritage of the team. Just like 20 years from now, Eagles fans will still be talking about the play and their day of glory.