How good is Trevor Lawrence?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Canada180, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Canada180

Canada180 bannedontherun88

546 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    He sure passes the eye test. But just how good is he? How does he compare to recent Qb's. Is he *** good as or better than

Burrow?
    T Murray?
    Mahomes?

Heck, some scouts have Fields rated over him.

I absolutely love him as a prospect and would love to have him .
    But would we be better off keeping Dak and draft Ol or a great Def player

2. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice

21,190 Messages
    22,306 Likes Received
    As a prospect Mahomes was overly picked apart. He wasnt commonly thought of as a top 10 pick.

I think Lawrence is comparable as a prospect the where Burrows would up as last season went along.

3. dcstar

dcstar Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    Just say no!

Go Cowboys!

Canada180 likes this.
  4. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Ken the doll is a good QB. He is also a pretty tough dude. Last year in the playoffs he took over the Ohio State game and got them the win. He has been consistent as well. He should be able to do well in the NFL.

WillieBeamen, pjtoadie and Canada180 like this.
  5. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

9,800 Messages
    14,342 Likes Received
    Keep Dak at 35+million a year and enjoy the cellar in the NFC East for the next 5 years!

6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

18,292 Messages
    23,653 Likes Received
    Loved this kid in the Bad News Bears!

pjtoadie likes this.
  7. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

2,145 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    Justin Fields reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Let's get the second pick, take Fields, tag and trade Dak, and bring in the Ohio State coaching staff.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Shinaoi, RS12, texbumthelife and 3 others like this.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

46,479 Messages
    49,130 Likes Received
    I would not complain with either one, Trevor or Justin. If they keep Dak, and get a top notch difference maker on defense. I would not complain.

kskboys likes this.
  9. CarolinaFathead

CarolinaFathead Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    We just need you to get us refreshments as needed. If you’re solid in your duties you might get more than 20% as a tip. Outside of that, we don’t need anything from you, especially your opinion on things related to football.

I’ll take an Irish car bomb and make it snappy.

10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,023 Messages
    25,178 Likes Received
    Burrows w/ a better arm. Good comparison.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

8,207 Messages
    7,540 Likes Received
    He is very good for the games that I have seen. The scouting circle varies in comparisons from what I have read. Some say he is the best qb they have seen since Andrew Luck. Some have compare him to Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and even John Elway. Remember the line in the movie Road House, "opinions vary."

12. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

10,395 Messages
    11,095 Likes Received
    He’s a mix of Mohames and Peyton Manning. Best QB prospect since Manning.

WillieBeamen and pjtoadie like this.
  13. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

4,876 Messages
    5,891 Likes Received
    I thought Burrow was the best college quarterback prospect since Luck (no seriously, go look up the top QBs taken since 2013), and Lawrence is better than Burrow.

The biggest difference between the two is that Burrow has a sky-high football IQ and unbelievable awareness that Lawrence can't quite match. Lawrence is probably 80% of Burrow as a mental processor - he's good, not special. But as far as physical tools, Lawrence is special. Rocket arm, quick feet, huge frame, wheels to burn. He's on the Josh Allen/Justin Herbert spectrum of athleticism, but he's way more polished than either coming out - a lot smarter than Allen, a lot more accurate than Herbert.

Lawrence is a no-questions can't miss #1 pick IMO. His floor is Herbert and his ceiling is a Hall of Fame induction.

Kansas City Pat Mahomes isn't a bad comparison. He lacks some of the wild backyard-football instincts that help make Mahomes into Mahomes, but he has similar ability to win in-structure and the mind bending physical tools to stress defenses outside of structure.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Mind_Liberator and WillieBeamen like this.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

53,100 Messages
    52,086 Likes Received
    Fields reminds me of Dak. A better athlete but a clunky looking passer that likes to lock onto targets.

bodi likes this.
  15. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

1,615 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    More Ryan, Rivers good but he needs the supporting cast and doesn’t have the football IQ of P Manning, Brees, or Brady!

Canada180 likes this.
  16. Canada180

546 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    How many do?

17. exciter

1,615 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    He’s going to need a supporting cast, just like Dak. After 5 years he’s going to want to get paid, just like Dak... even if he hasn’t won a SB! Is they’re any proof he going to be better or even as good as Dak? That game last year playing an evenly matched LSU didn’t look promising!

18. Canada180

546 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    thank you your post but I didnt imply that he was as good or better. Merely asking how good do we think he is. As some here seem interested

19. exciter

1,615 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    My opinion his ceiling is Ryan, Rivers, Stafford or Eli with a similar cast!

Canada180 likes this.
  20. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

8,207 Messages
    7,540 Likes Received
    And I have read the opposite. That his football IQ ranks right up there with Peyton Manning. Some even compare him to Manning but with more athleticism. Every qb needs a supporting cast and we don't know in 5 years he is going to be wanting to get paid like Dak. He might want to be paid like Brady. Remember with being the Cowboys's qb you are going to get endorsements both locally and nationally. If you win you will get lots of them and he might say that I already have money from all these endorsements, might as well take a little lower pay so we sign players to win more SBs.