How good is Trevor Lawrence?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Canada180, Oct 26, 2020.

1. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

1,622 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
    Didn’t show up in the LSU game last season. Playing a similarly talented team to his he looked confused.

2. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    7,555 Likes Received
    I don't remember that game, could have been.

3. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

4,899 Messages
    5,923 Likes Received
    That's one thing that gets me about these super-teams; they're just on cruise control until they make the playoffs, and that's the first time they play a similarly talented team. Clemson just sleepwalked through the first half of their 2019 schedule, but when they started slipping a few points in the AP polls, they turned it on and started blowing out everybody. Ohio State came out flat against Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game and fell behind 21-0 at halftime, then turned it on and blasted them with 34 points unanswered in a half.

Now when the two teams met that December, they both brought their A games and it was war. But it's still disconcerting that you only get to see 1-2 tapes of a prospect trying hard against a similarly talented team.

4. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

15,415 Messages
    16,705 Likes Received
    Good at gettung covid

5. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,126 Messages
    6,786 Likes Received
    Lawrence is likely another Andrew Luck - a pro bowler but not significant enough of an upgrade over Dak to risk setting the franchise back 2-3 years. This team needs defense fixed horribly or you’re putting a rookie QB to the wolves if they’re down 10+ points every game.

6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

25,177 Messages
    14,533 Likes Received
    I dont agree with this at all. This team will go nowhere with Dak taking up 20% of the cap. Not with the current front office buffoonery. At least Lawrence who I believe will be a significant upgrade, gives you 5 years on a rookie deal to do a comprehensive rebuid financially.

Bigdog, WillieBeamen and CATCH17 like this.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,512 Messages
    18,792 Likes Received
    LOL, at the idea that Andrew Luck would not be a “significant enough” upgrade over Dak

Man, the stuff you sometimes read on this forum is just moronic

RS12 and WillieBeamen like this.
  8. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,126 Messages
    6,786 Likes Received
    Look at Lucks career stats from where the level Dak was playing at this season.

9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,512 Messages
    18,792 Likes Received
    Show me an NFL GM who would take Dak over Luck and I will show you an idiot

All you are doing is defining yourself

10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

53,129 Messages
    52,145 Likes Received
    I don’t want to watch football I want to go on stats..

Dak > Luck EZ