How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

Hadenough

Reaction score
We're going to be Wentzed into a Wild Card berth at best.

LOL thats exactly what I was thinking before I got to your post. I think the schedule looks favorable and the Cowboys have become a slightly better team but I do think they are gonna miss Beasley. Im not convinced Frederick is all the way back 100%. The biggest road block I see is the Eagles. If Wentz stays healthy they could win the division. They added some WRs and big RB in Howard also they added a good LT prospect to take over for Peters. I think the Eagles have the edge in the division. Cowboys get a WC and have to go to soldier field and lose to the Bears.

75boyz

Reaction score
Until we make serious changes at HC and QB I can't expect a deep playoff run. Team has the potential for greater things, but they're settling because they're content. Pass game has declined two years in a row, are we really expecting a drastic change for the better? Defense will be improved and that's a good thing because we're going to need them again to keep some games low scoring.

Precisely.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is our best roster in at least 12 years.

I've always pulled for both Tony and Dak....so NOT starting a fight here.
I think Romo (2014 version), along with Zeke and the D, leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl with this team

If Dak can progress from his 2nd half of last season form, then this could get interesting.
Pulling for him big time
fixed...all thumbs

Should've read NOT starting a fight
:flagwave:

Sydla

Reaction score
It comes down to the coaching staff.

I just don't have the confidence in them at this point. Moore being successful could change the algebra here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel very good about this team. I think area of strength this team has will far outweigh any weakness we may have. Expectation I have for this team this coming season are very high.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?

0-16

Everybody fired.

New staff

New QB

SB 2020

But I do feel great about 2019. I say SB.

Sandyf

Reaction score
As with any team there is optimism but for me, I need to see how the new Moore offensive is going to work and if Quinn can return to form as a pass rusher. These will be answers in training camp/preseason games. If half as good as most believe then it should be successful, if not then it will be interesting. The people projecting wins and losses is just silly to me as none of us have any idea what injury might occur for either team before a particular game and that will make a huge difference in how it plays out. An example would be Philly if Wentz goes down at anytime, then it will be dicey for the Eagles on any Sunday.

Hopefully, we will see Dallas win enough to make the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl but someone tell me what fan of what team does not hope for the same.

Londonboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Two rookie QB's in the division. A full season's worth of Amari Cooper.

I feel really good.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
We're going to be Wentzed into a Wild Card berth at best.
I say 11-5 or 12-4 if we stay healthy. Dak, Zeke and the OLine. 8-8 is a safe mans bet (no offense ladies) and one I hear every year by so many. There are 2 other ends of the spectrum besides the middle. I'm going with the upper end.

Sydla

Reaction score
I suspect 10 wins or around there.

But I think people are underselling the downside possible with this season if Moore is a flop as OC. Even with Garrett being there to step in and take over the offense, if Moore is overwhelmed, this season could go south pretty quickly.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I suspect 10 wins or around there.

But I think people are underselling the downside possible with this season if Moore is a flop as OC. Even with Garrett being there to step in and take over the offense, if Moore is overwhelmed, this season could go south pretty quickly.
they better get out to a pretty quick start if they are slow out of the gate like last year the press and fans will make things pretty tough with not having two home games in a row they better get there confidence early

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Team is tremendously talented, like it has been for a while. There should be a big playoff run.

But there's always an excuse with this team. Even an average NFL injury situation and I'm sure that will be the one this year.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?

I feel really good. If we dont have any major setbacks (like injuries or players that suddenly want to moderate at NBC or else) i think we should mske a deep run into the playoffs.

The only problem i have with this team is at the QB position. I dont think we can flirt with a championship if we dont get fundamentally better there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea. I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I plan to watch and hopefully enjoy what I see.

Same for me but I am a little more optimistic over pessimistic.

Many fans, as well as all teams at this time of the year have on those rose colored glasses. This is the year we turn it around, this is the year we will go further. And on paper we should, as other teams should think the same way. As many times, fans, as I do it too, over estimate that look on paper.

Even after TC roster cut downs, and many of those players we thought we could trade as we think it is a deep roster. Turns out we can't trade them. However, none released or very few will be claimed by other teams and those who are, really don't make a huge impact.

Anyway, I am more optimistic right now. But need to see how TC looks, and even then it is not a true indication, since this staff refuses to play its starters in PS games. Maybe with more at OC they will play more to get in actually game reps.