How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think this will be Garrets last year as head coach which means the season will be bad but it will also be good because its Garrets last year as head coach.

Yeah, this place will be giddy about Sean Payton until ol' Jerry pulls Marty Mornhinweg out of his back pocket.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No question but what 11-5 would be a welcome finish to our oncoming yearly season.

I'm usually keeping an arms-length perspective at this juncture for a successful finish.

I'm certainly inclined to pull for our guys to be a pleasant surprise, despite my caution.
:thumbup:I hear that. I am keeping my excitement at bay. It does beg the question based on recent history of pass-fail on alternating years. Just really hoping for the best, and waiting for the rest.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking 5-11 or 6-10 at best.
I think they would have to sustain some critical injuries for many games for that to happen and it's not that I think they're a great team because I don't, they're a good team with a handful of very good teams ahead of them but no great teams. While I have them at no better than 5th or 6th, the drop off from #1 isn't steep. I felt LA, NO and CHI were just a smidgeon better than DAL and PHL last season.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the overall talent level is a little better. I felt that the talent level already was pretty good. I think every year Garrett gets slightly better as a coach....very slightly.... baby steps.

But.....

The schedule is brutal. And while I am a big Dallas Cowboy fan I try to not let my love for the football team blind me. I think a lot of people are overrating the team this year. I think they go 9-7 or 8-8 and barely miss the playoffs. I think everyone is going to blame the head coach & QB. I think it will be the same feeling that we all had after the Titans game.

Also the team was very healthy last year.... which probably means the team is due for more injuries this year. Whether it's Amari or Zeke or whoever the team has shown that it has a hard time winning games unless everything is perfect.
The following players missed time due to injuries last season, including playoffs:
Travis Frederick
Zach Martin
Tyron Smith
Connor Williams
Tayvon Austin
Geoff Swaim
Cole Beasley (didn't miss time but was hampered with injuries)
Noah Brown
Terrance Williams
Xavier Sua-Filo
Chido Awuzie
Randy Gregory
Sean Lee
Malik Collins
David Irving
Datone Jones
Antuan Woods
Xavier Woods

Other than that, we were very healthy...:huh:

Redline360

Reaction score
Defense....Carried the team last year until the playoff game against the rams. Coaching failed to adapt and let them down. Looking good
Offense....Zeke will be a monster once again, cooper will tear it up this year
OL....Will obviously be better then last year as they were middle of the pack. People acted like we had the worse Oline in football for some reason.
QB....Still not sold on Dak. Still not in my top 10 quarterbacks. Do or die year for him imo
Coaching.....little to no confidence overall. Will be the downfall once again

No excuse not to go deep into the playoffs with this squad. Coaching will be the death of us again. How many teams literally came out and basically said they knew the plays we were going to run?

Flamma

Reaction score
I think they would have to sustain some critical injuries for many games for that to happen and it's not that I think they're a great team because I don't, they're a good team with a handful of very good teams ahead of them but no great teams. While I have them at no better than 5th or 6th, the drop off from #1 isn't steep. I felt LA, NO and CHI were just a smidgeon better than DAL and PHL last season.

I was just kidding. I agree on your take in regards to these teams, and I wouldn't even add Chicago. But I think Dallas is as talented as any team in the NFC this upcoming season. The coaching staff is going to have to make it happen using what they are given. I'm going into this season like I did the 1992 season. Not expecting to actually win it all, but have a damn good shot at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How am I a troll? Nowhere in my post did I disparage Dak. He does have accuracy problems. His pocket presence needs work. He does have weapons. He does have an improved OL. Etc., etc. He has everything he needs to succeed.

We also have the makings of a top 5 defense, but we will go as far as Dak's development as a franchise QB.

PS - a troll wouldn't buy Dak's Jersey. ;) I've had his jersey since week 6 of the 2016 season.

Don't take my constructive criticism as me trolling :)
Dak hasn’t been the problem in any year has been here.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I feel great right now about the team, and the process, but I'm also very cognizant of the fact we are only one injury away from feeling bad about the team and this year's prospects. That's why I like to stay away from prognostication this time of year.

I start to form an opinion after the last cuts, and the last preseason game has been played.

Injuries decimate teams. They decimate Super Bowl contenders. Look at Philly last year. Look at the patriots when Tom Brady was hurt?

You have to have luck, depth, and have as injury free season as you can to succeed.