How have we gotten to this again?

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe because he has the third most wins since 2016 and never missed a game? QB’s get paid in this league. Ask Sam Bradford. Dude has made over 150 million in his career. Dak is a winner. He’s not perfect, but he leads and is clutch. Don’t forget that. He’s not pinpoint accuracy stat guy. He just wins.

All of that despite coaching and meddling. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe because he has the third most wins since 2016 and never missed a game? QB’s get paid in this league. Ask Sam Bradford. Dude has made over 150 million in his career. Dak is a winner. He’s not perfect, but he leads and is clutch. Don’t forget that. He’s not pinpoint accuracy stat guy. He just wins.

All of that despite coaching and meddling. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Excellent point, says his agent (and me.)
Astounding that he has performed through so much change and turmoil, not to mention the learning curve that comes with the pro game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are only 3 years removed from having given Romo an obscene contract and then Dez and both contracts have just come off our books after years of killing our cap.

Both players could not live up to their contracts and won very little.

We were unable to resign players and lost players left and right and finally it all hit the fan at 6-10.

Now we are about to start the whole process again only with a QB who has had only 3 years in the NFL to prove himself as deserving in DAK.

Romo had 4 years before he became a starter then it was another 2 years before we gave him the big contract.

6 years of knowing what we had and still it blew up on us.

Here we are again looking at investing in another bargain player in Dak like Romo was and it took 10 years to move on from it.

I just really think this franchise has lost its mind if they jump off the deep end with DAK.

And I like him but he has some skill sets still absent.

Before taking another poison pill contract in the hopes of succeeding..

let DAK win something more than a preliminary playoff game.

He does not have to be re-signed yet.

He has another year on his deal.

So what if it costs more to sign him later.?

If that happens and he wins..

we pay him or not.

If not..we are not going to have a problem taking his money and signing a QB in FA that can help us or if we were really wise..

draft another DAK and start getting him ready going forward now.

We could use our #2 pick and draft somebody and let Rush and White go.

Either way we win.

This is what the Patriots would do.

They draft a Garofalo and when they knew Brady was going to be staying..

they traded him.

But they did not get into a crisis over a single player.

Just for once I would like to play with a winning hand.

I know some here will think this is crazy..but not to me.

If this all goes to Hades and Garrett gets fired after this year..

at least the new coach will not be saddled with a hopeless salary cap situation to start over with.

Slow it down Stephen, Jerry and company.

Take your time.

Comments?

You couldnt have asked for a better first 3 years from a young QB. The kid has been amazing. I thank my lucky stars the the FO is smarter than a handful of cry babies on here.

triplets_93

Reaction score
We are only 3 years removed from having given Romo an obscene contract and then Dez and both contracts have just come off our books after years of killing our cap.

We were unable to resign players and lost players left and right and finally it all hit the fan at 6-10.

Now we are about to start the whole process again only with a QB who has had only 3 years in the NFL to prove himself as deserving in DAK.

No matter what Team Jerry says... the #1 thing about the Cowboys is Long Term branding, and turning that into money from merchandising in all it's many many forms.

Winning is little further down the list.

I think we all know that. Actions do speak louder than words, but some here may ave become deafened by all "the noise."

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Draft another DAK, eh? Setting aside the fact that Dallas fell into him after trying to trade up for gems like Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook in that same draft, let's look at some other QBs the Jones boys have signed since Jimmy:

Drew Henson
Ryan Leaf
Chad Hutchison
Quincy Carter
Clint Stoerner
Drew Bledsoe
Vinny Testeverde
Reggie Collier
Brandon Weeden
Matt Cassel
Kellen Moore

But sure, draft another DAK. It sounds so simple, doesn't it?

bandfan

Reaction score
I guess I do not understand your comment.

You mean just rushing ahead without validation is OK?

We have seen DAK in two playoff games where his play could not get the win..Packers and Rams.

We have seen during Zeke's suspension that DAK was not good enough to succeed on his play alone.

Coach Eric Mangini in an interview on First Things First a few months back said about DAK that a player like him that requires constantly adding high price players around him to win is a caution.

He said a lot of other things about us that are very true.

At some point DAK has to prove he is the difference maker..

not a expensive complimentary piece.

That is the nature of the position at the highest levels.

We have to be careful.

I guess you will have to point out to me which players are most obviously capable of winning footballs games by themselves....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Romo had 4 years before he became a starter then it was another 2 years before we gave him the big contract.

Here we are again looking at investing in another bargain player in Dak like Romo was and it took 10 years to move on from it.

I just really think this franchise has lost its mind if they jump off the deep end with DAK.

we pay him or not.

If not..we are not going to have a problem taking his money and signing a QB in FA that can help us or if we were really wise..

Either way we win.

they traded him.

at least the new coach will not be saddled with a hopeless salary cap situation to start over with.

Take your time.

Comments?
I’ve always had respect for you but your posts lately have me second guessing you. I don’t know why you are so negative after seeing all the positive changes over the last 6 yrs or so. You’re bordering on being in the “CONSTANT HATERS” club.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Problem is we've let Dak create all the leverage. If it were me I'd either trade a 2 or 3 for Rosen or try and trade our 2 for a 1 next year to gear up to get in the top 10 next year. As long as we lack a backup plan it's carte Blanche to bend them over and he knows it.

Oh yippee. Trade for a below average QB in Rosen who's ceiling is Andy Dalton Lite. Then waste another year. You guys are ridiculous wanting these spare QBs and then trying your luck in the draft when we have a guy right now capable of winning. Good lord.

If our defense had any pulse at all, we beat the Rams and go to the NFC title game. Dak is not an issue with this team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m game for whatever, but the cupboard is bare without Dak.

We can be cheap and go with Cooper Rush and when we go 3-13, FO would still catch flack and the forum would bemoan how cheap JJ is.
2020 class might be better than this years.
There's no guarantee that next year's quarterback class will produce more NFL starters than this year's.
With players such as Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa and Oregon's Justin Herbert potentially headlining it, however, it is shaping up to be an attractive class.
Something to consider when considering paying Dak damn near Russell Wilson money.

GenoT

Reaction score

we pay him or not.

Either way we win.

they traded him.

Take your time.

Comments?
You might wanna work on your math and/or your history.

• Romo became the starting QB after his first 3yrs (Oct 2006), not 4yrs.

• Romo signed his final contract extension in 2013 — 6yrs ago, not 3yrs ago.

• Dez signed his big contract in 2015 — 4yrs ago, not 3yrs ago.

• When was this 6-10 you speak of?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
49ers gave huge $ for a QB who played 3 games
Cousins got paid huge &he sucks....25 mil is average for a QB Wilson making 35

Snap out of it will you as both Cousins and Mr. Garoppolo are better QB with a talent base Dak isn't even close to and I highly doubt arm wise will ever get there!
Now let's not talk about comparing Wilson to Dak really now:omg:....

lostar2009

Reaction score
You must forgot the times of post Aikman and my I recall 2015, which had a probowl team from 2014. Right now these QBs are racking up crazy contracts. Sign him now get him for like 25-30M or wait 1-2 more years then pay him 30-35M. Regardless how we feel about Dak he is a winning qb with 2 playoff berths going into the divisional rounds in 3 years. At the moment now we will take a poison pill and there is no way around it. If anything we will not commit to Dak for the long term maybe a 4-5 year contract.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I know Romo was hurt, but his contract was pretty much what he was worth and fell right in line with where he was as a QB in the league.

Have you forgotten how good Romo was?

Also, Dak has been GREAT! To use the time Zeke was out to call him a bad player is dumb- he was in his second year, playing with a washed up Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams and a washed up Jason Witten- His o-line wasnt nearly as good in pass blocking as they were in run blocking.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Those are the key words in this whole Dak contract!
The Cowboys in my opinion are holding all the cards and they DONT need to sign Dak right now! The Cowboys cant sit here and start thinking about will he sit out if we franchise him.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Did we already sign Dak? :huh:

Romo got two contracts, he got injured multiple times on the second one, it happens it’s a rough sport..

Dez was a Top 5 wr when we paid him, then he broke his foot and jacked up his knee..

What are we talking about???:huh:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Qb franchise for 2019 is over $25 million; two years from now it will be almost $30 mil. Do you really want that cap hit for one year?