Twitter: How important is DeMarcus Lawrence to the Cowboys defense?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you expect him to play up to that salary? He played to get that salary.

Flamma

Reaction score
You'll see him more now that Quinn is there. They are going to be getting after the QB. But don't expect Teddy to be dropping back and throwing darts downfield. They are going to be running the ball and throwing short quick passes. As soon as Teddy gets to the end of his drop, the ball will be out. It's time for the Cowboys to be ready for that. Because I don't think Teddy will be sitting in the pocket for long, if at all.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You said thread. Not the title of it.

Those are common sayings in to regards to Lawrence here.

It's really simple to most people here. Maybe you'll catch on?

So you are making misleading titles to try and prove some stupid point ....... Noted

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would guess the NFL average to be a shade below 50%. What about you?

Yeah I think the NFL average is usually in the 48-50 range. Somewhere around there. Though I’m not certain.

I know 66% sucks from a defensive standpoint. Allows the opposing offense a lot of easy and manageable 2nd and 3rd downs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans expect players to get better because the money gets better, these players all play for that 2nd contract. That doesn't mean they start to slough off at all but they can't play much better than they've been playing. Mack got that big deal in CHI but he hasn't been any better than he was in OAK.

Lawrence, like Ware, is a product of the DL and front 7. He can only do what he can do.