How long before the Cowboys win a SB?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can fool the newbies with your posts but posters who have been on the forum for 7-8 years know you for who you are

Exactly. My post history is right there for everybody to see. So is yours. I'm happy to let it stand at that. Whatever metric you want to use is going to end up in my favor. How much does that sting?!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next three years and could be as soon at this year. In fact I'll be a bit surprised if they don't win one within 3 years and at least appear in the SB twice within the next five years.

Definitely not for a few years minimum. The defense has to get great, Dak has to bloom some more and then we have to get a new coach in here. And with any new coach comes a new system so its a least a year after that. Then Zeke may be toast. Many many issues. These next 3 or 4 years should be the contender run. But its not happening with Garrett and too much has to go right with the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We've got a team that ought to be qualifying for the post season and hovering for the foreseeable future. From there, it's impossible to say who will get to and win a Championship. If we don't get there, or close, in the next 3 seasons, we'll be reloading again.

A lot depends on how well Dak plays from here on out.

I agree we definitely have a team that should be making the playoffs. Its been like that for 8 years now.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next three years and could be as soon at this year. In fact I'll be a bit surprised if they don't win one within 3 years and at least appear in the SB twice within the next five years.

I believe that we go deep into the playoffs this year, but next year is our Super Bowl season. All this young talent will have one more year of experience + next year’s draft + all that money under the cap next year.

Really don’t get all the hate on here. This is a really good, young team that will be in the thick of it for a long time to come.

visionary

Reaction score
Exactly. My post history is right there for everybody to see. So is yours. I'm happy to let it stand at that. Whatever metric you want to use is going to end up in my favor. How much does that sting?!

:laugh:
My facts and accuracy against your constant excuse making for Jerry and Garrett ?

Yeah, that stings :muttley:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:
My facts and accuracy against your constant excuse making for Jerry and Garrett ?

Yeah, that stings :muttley:

I can tell. It explains why you do what you've done in this thread, for example. It's a lot easier to attack other posters and misrepresent facts than it is to actually be on the right side of a football discussion. Remember, I'm not the one following you around from thread to thread making unsubstantiated claims about your opinions and reputation.

Regardless, this fishing for bad will in an otherwise on-topic thread is tedious. Take the last word, and then go enjoy your Saturday.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just wish Romo and to play in ‘16, I think we wouldn’t be having this conversation today. However, what’s done is done and I’m a big Dak supporter. That being said I think he’ll lead us to a championship sooner then later.
We’re building a team where a great QB is less and less required—which is nice

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Kosar was 1-1 vs. Dallas. He was very good in the 1988 24-21 victory with 308 yards and 3 tds.
The 14-26 loss in 1991 he was okay with 249/1. No picks in either game.

Just some info. I'm buzzed and bored so I thought I'd look it up for fun.
Thats some pretty awesome stuff,:thumbup:

Hadenough

Reaction score
You may just win your 6th when you least expect it
Like this year! Dak gets no respect and neither does the WR group. Defense has a lot of question marks and so does head coach.
Oh the other issue I see is Carson Wentz becoming the next Tom Brady and we can kiss any chance of a SB goodbye for the next 12 years!

Hadenough

Reaction score
We’re building a team where a great QB is less and less required—which is nice
Thats all well and good but that only means they can be competitive with a lesser QB. Only way a bus driver wins a SB is if he has the #1 defense in the league. They dont have the money to pay a #1 defense because their paying the offense to carry a bus driver!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been hearing the Cowboys are going to win one soon for too many years.

When you don't have a QB you aren't even close.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
where the cowboys are lacking in pursuit of winning a championship is qb play and coaching they get those things fixed and they will then be in the top teams in the league

starfan1

Reaction score
Football in the nfl can be about a play here or play there and a variety of circumstances can make difference. I think the cowboys had the team both in 2014 and in 2016

The cowboys now have a defense I believe that can stop aaron Rogers who has been the thorn in the side of cowboy fans of recent years

The cowboys probably go to the super bowl in 2016 if they call holding just twice . A rookie mistake and a slow start contributed to our loss as well.

They can go this year they may not go for awhile making plays when they are there to be made and good coaching choices will all play a role

Imo

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thats all well and good but that only means they can be competitive with a lesser QB. Only way a bus driver wins a SB is if he has the #1 defense in the league. They dont have the money to pay a #1 defense because their paying the offense to carry a bus driver!
I'm trying to be nice. :laugh:
hey, Dilfer and Rob Johnson won SBs because they had a great team around them. Our QB has more upside than they did...imo
:muttley:

But I know what you're saying. Just trying to see the bright side.

Put it this way, with the "supporting cast" we had from 2010-2013, we would get demolished right now. 4-12s, 5-11s type stuff.

But this team has one of the best olines we've had since the 90s, the best RB since the 90s, and maybe the best defense in 8-9 years. The overall roster is much improved and young...so room to grow.
That has to me mean something.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s enough talent to win it all this year. Why shouldn’t we expect it? Garrett has had 7+ seasons to develop the “process”. He’s bought all “the groceries” so it’s time to cook.

If Garrett can’t win a SB or at least get to an NFC championship, he should be fired. At the end of this season, he will have more than enough time to win something more than 1 playoff game in 8 years. Besides Cincinnati, name one other NFL team that wouldn’t fire their coach for that kind of performance.

If I were GM, I would have never hired JG in the first place but assuming I had him as HC going into this year, I would certainly let him know, “it’s now or else”. No deep playoff run, adios.
Someone's philosophy is flawed w/ their bargain bin DT's and S's.