How long will Jared Goff be the Lions starting QB

How long will Jared Goff be the Lions starting QB

• Total voters

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams had 1 WR and a bunch of JAGs at rb which makes Goff a tough evaluation. I think the Lions won the trade. They get a young starting Qb and 2 first round picks. Stafford is going into a situation where he may have even fewer weapons than he did in Detroit.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really depends on what the Lions are willing to do with the 2 1st rd picks and the 3rd rd pick. I think with the 7th overall pick for Det. I would look to get Goff some help by taking TE Pitts with the 1st pick.

Londonboy

Reaction score
As I read things they can get out with no penalty after 2 years, should give them ample time to evaluate and decide whether to keep or discard.

Flamma

Reaction score
Really depends on what the Lions are willing to do with the 2 1st rd picks and the 3rd rd pick. I think with the 7th overall pick for Det. I would look to get Goff some help by taking TE Pitts with the 1st pick.

Yeah, Detroit has several options. Who knows where Detroit will be picking next year? Could be very high again. That opens up other options. Then after next year, Goff could accept an extension at well below market value. Say 20-22 Mil. They can build around that. Otherwise he'll be gone.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Pitts would be a very lethal weapon for Goff he tends to get the ball out quick anyways having a dynamic TE plays right into his strengths.

kskboys

Reaction score
Surely the Lions will bring in competition for Goff. Prolly draft a guy high. If they do, he might easily beat out Goff.

kskboys

Reaction score
They need to take a QB.