How many fans will Cowboys lose?

coult44

Reaction score
In two years The NFL will be in new territory? What was never even a thought in the minds of NFL executives, teams, and fans just a few years ago will be a reality very soon.
The Las Vegas Raiders will be the hottest name in the football world. Yes, most of Raider Nation will follow the team regardless of the second move out of Oakland. But they will also gain thousands of fans from Nevada, Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas and other parts of the SW United States. I know the Cardinals have always been out there, along with the Chargers and now the Rams, but a new team will bring massive amounts of excitement to a region that’s always kind of been Cowboys Territory.

The Cowboys have always had a huge fan base in the this area. How many Cowboys fans, especially the young ones who only know Dallas as a team who never competes for the Super Bowl, will leave and become LVR fans. I know we will hear “True Cowboys fans will remain fans”, and “let them leave, they were never really fans anyway”.Blah, blah, blah. Regardless, it’s not good to lose fans for any reason. IMO, besides for the obvious things, a Super Bowl championship is worth hundreds of millions in future revenue for the Jones family just for keeping these fans from leaving.

I’ve always been one to say JJ doesn’t care if he wins or loses. He amplified this feeling a couple of years ago when he made his statement about being the biggest thing in entertainment. When I started thinking about this Las Vegas issue, it made me wonder if JJ has thought about this also. If The Cowboys win a Championship, it will save thousands of fans for a long time. It’s a lot more easy to leave a team that never wins, than it is a new Super Bowl Champion. I know some of you don’t think it’s a huge deal if young fans, or not so committed fans leave and become fans of another team, but it really does matter and again, it’s worth millions.

In a day and age where there is no loyalty in sports on any side,and this includes fandom, the Cowboys need to win and win fast.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Raiders would have to surpass the Broncos in that region, and we've done fine with a team in Houston. Vegas is mostly LA transplants anyways, not a real football city.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cool. Free up some space on the wagon for when we win the CHAMPIONSHIP BAAABYYY!

coult44

Reaction score
Raiders would have to surpass the Broncos in that region, and we've done fine with a team in Houston. Vegas is mostly LA transplants anyways, not a real football city.

Before this year, would you have said it’s a “hockey town”?

coult44

Reaction score
Sorry Big Dog didn’t mean to quote you on the last question, got crossed up

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think this thread would've stayed in the Fan Zone if it just asked, straight up, how many fan we might lose in the Vegas area to the raiders.

But once the "Jerry doesn't care" narrative was added....it went Drama Zone all the way.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I wish they'd lose more. All the Dez lovers who claim he's still a top receiver, why can't they go root for whatever team he signs with?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 1974 and have seen all of the ups and downs since Dallas played Pissburgh in SB 10. I'm too old and too stubborn to go away now. Jerry and Garrett will eventually be gone - that is all I hope for at this time.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
a true fan would never abandon their team ..... You think 23 years is hard ? Try being a Eagles , fan ... Browns or Vikings. List goes on yet those teams still;l have huge fanbases. The fans you lose are bandwagon fans .... The ones that where a yankees cap with Seahawks Jersey or whatever team is hot atm. Some fans latch onto a team because of past wins and glory. But a true fan no matter what stays loyal.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If science doesn't get ahead of concussions and CTE, the NFL will be unwatchable within 5 years time. That's when the most fans will be lost.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not enough unfortunately.

I miss the days when the fan base was mostly local and regional. The America’s Team label and wagon fans it attracted has forever tarnished our fan base .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In two years The NFL will be in new territory? What was never even a thought in the minds of NFL executives, teams, and fans just a few years ago will be a reality very soon.
The Las Vegas Raiders will be the hottest name in the football world. Yes, most of Raider Nation will follow the team regardless of the second move out of Oakland. But they will also gain thousands of fans from Nevada, Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas and other parts of the SW United States. I know the Cardinals have always been out there, along with the Chargers and now the Rams, but a new team will bring massive amounts of excitement to a region that’s always kind of been Cowboys Territory.

The Cowboys have always had a huge fan base in the this area. How many Cowboys fans, especially the young ones who only know Dallas as a team who never competes for the Super Bowl, will leave and become LVR fans. I know we will hear “True Cowboys fans will remain fans”, and “let them leave, they were never really fans anyway”.Blah, blah, blah. Regardless, it’s not good to lose fans for any reason. IMO, besides for the obvious things, a Super Bowl championship is worth hundreds of millions in future revenue for the Jones family just for keeping these fans from leaving.

I’ve always been one to say JJ doesn’t care if he wins or loses. He amplified this feeling a couple of years ago when he made his statement about being the biggest thing in entertainment. When I started thinking about this Las Vegas issue, it made me wonder if JJ has thought about this also. If The Cowboys win a Championship, it will save thousands of fans for a long time. It’s a lot more easy to leave a team that never wins, than it is a new Super Bowl Champion. I know some of you don’t think it’s a huge deal if young fans, or not so committed fans leave and become fans of another team, but it really does matter and again, it’s worth millions.

In a day and age where there is no loyalty in sports on any side,and this includes fandom, the Cowboys need to win and win fast.
Zero.

The only threat would be a team in San Antonio.