How Many Millions did Dak just lose?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:muttley:

One, anyone with a clue knows Lloyd's of London sells insurance for this sort of thing and players know to buy it. Two, Jerry loves Dak.
I was referring to NFL contracts.

But do you pay him 38 million without seeing him play after recovering from injury ?

And what if Dalton fares ok. Maybe we move on?

It’s all an unknown at this time because he’s not under contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
His price needs to go down.

Dalton is about to show you how we can get similar results and not pay 40 million dollars for it.

I like Dak.. Great dude.. Great leader... But he overplayed his hand and Dalton is about to show that there is another way.

The funny thing is.. Daltons not even that good and he will still be Dak like.

Given some of the other nonsense I've seen you spew here I'm guessing Dalton isn't anywhere near as good as you think. That and the fact that I live in Ohio and have seen Dalton play more than I ever cared to see it.

It was never about "price" with Dak, it was about years - Jerry wanted more. Maybe your emotional blinders kept you from seeing it - you seem brighter than some of the other DDS sufferers - but Jerry Jones is as sold on Dak as you are opposed to him. What either of us thinks about Dak is irrelevant. Jerry loves the guy.

Cmac

Reaction score
Jerry surrounded him with all the talent in the world. Offered him a contract in the top 5 range. Dallas has been terrible in one possession games the last year and a half. A lot of that falls on the QB. Top 5 qbs should be above 500 in one possession games.
Again....JJ failed this man. No matter how you spin it. Get a D and coaching staff, including a quality offensive coordinator.....that's why a player should always get his $$$. JJ signed everybody and then got cold feet with Dak.....that's the big travesty.....because we know what he will say a year from now....."We couldn't commit given his health."

Tussinman

Reaction score
This may work out for both parties long run.
Yeah truthfully it might.

Cowboys will get relief in 2021 and 2022 whether it's Dak doing a more friendly deal or they move on from him

Dak could sign a 2 year moderate dollar prove it deal and then cash out in 2023 when the salary cap is supposedly going to skyrocket due to the new TV deal.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Assuming the injury doesn’t but his career in jeopardy, I think the big difference in negotiations next year will be Prescott’s willingness to take a long term deal. Don’t think Dallas minds paying $40 million a year. But it has to be on their terms. 8 year 300+ they would go for, 4 year 160 not so much. The big difference is how they can absorb it in the can year to year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Dak era is over in Big D.....

It sure feels that way.....Can't remember another player being this crushed...ever. Feel for him. :(

Football is a crusher of souls...been there myself. Not a good feeling.

EkFR7MaXcAEa4IR.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Assuming the injury doesn’t but his career in jeopardy, I think the big difference in negotiations next year will be Prescott’s willingness to take a long term deal. Don’t think Dallas minds paying $40 million a year. But it has to be on their terms. 8 year 300+ they would go for, 4 year 160 not so much. The big difference is how they can absorb it in the can year to year.
We’ll have to make a decision on Franchise Tag before we see him play again.

I think the prognosis of his injury along with Daltons performance and team results will go a long way in determining these decisions.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Given some of the other nonsense I've seen you spew here I'm guessing Dalton isn't anywhere near as good as you think. That and the fact that I live in Ohio and have seen Dalton play more than I ever cared to see it.

It was never about "price" with Dak, it was about years - Jerry wanted more. Maybe your emotional blinders kept you from seeing it - you seem brighter than some of the other DDS sufferers - but Jerry Jones is as sold on Dak as you are opposed to him. What either of us thinks about Dak is irrelevant. Jerry loves the guy.

I’m not opposed to Dak.

I just know we won’t win squat with him wanting the money he wants. He is terrible value.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hard to say it depends on the injury. It could be a 6-8 week recovery a 6-8 month recovery or even a 16-18 month recovery. No way does any team pay Dak until he can prove he is football ready again.

Your talking about Jerry Jones.....most unpredictable owner in sports. He could just walk away....or he could cave in and give him that 5th year deal....You just never know. :rolleyes:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Might this forever change the scrambling abilities of Dak? Even if he can physically do it, can he do it mentally? You have to weigh the possibility of him losing that weapon from his arsenal when it comes time to make "the" decision.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was referring to NFL contracts.

But do you pay him 38 million without seeing him play after recovering from injury ?

And what if Dalton fares ok. Maybe we move on?

You Texas boys and your Dalton dreams. He is what he is - a 32 year old backup who has never won a playoff game and played like crap in all of them.

I won't speculate on Dak's price but the suggestion that Jerry is just going to walk away from him is a fantasy for some folks here (not necessarily you).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak bet on himself he turned down a four year deal worth an estimted 120+ million most of which was garanteed, Dak bet he would not have a serious injury and play well. How many millions did he just loose ? And if Andy Dalton plays well could this be the end of Prescott in Dallas ?
probably none.....he has 4.5 years of tape. the question will be the health of his ankle....he is not lamar jackson...so doubt if he lost any

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You Texas boys and your Dalton dreams. He is what he is - a 32 year old backup who has never won a playoff game and played like crap in all of them.

I won't speculate on Dak's price but the suggestion that Jerry is just going to walk away from him is a fantasy for some folks here (not necessarily you).
We just don’t know what will happen with Dak.

And I don’t have any attachment to Andy. He is the most veteran backup we’ve had this era. 9 or 10 year starter. What 5 or 6 playoff appearances with Bengals in his prime. Not bad.

But the Daksters will be rooting hard against him.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He needs to take a contract that is fair for both sides. If he had done that this past offseason he wouldn't be in this position. Instead he wanted to be greedy and it bit him in the *** just like it should have.
What a crappy post.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
him getting below 30 million is the best thing that can happen for the team and his career. He won't have to play with an awful defense and they can give him an elite line again. He was forced to play a month of his career with a bad line.